Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

talk to me about eyecreams, your holy grail and maybe hit and misses?

24 posts, 16 members
sam_clarkson
205 posts
Hey everyone

I am on the hunt for a good eye cream that fingers crossed won't leave my bank account drained.

Its one part of my skincare routine that unfortunatley I neglect somewhat and I really want to start taking care of that delicate skin now.

I have generally good skiin but want to keep it that way, I feel skin under my eyes may get a tad dry,

now I have tried the bossy melt stick and I don't know, I just didn't like the way it felt and it never sunk in to my skin and may have made it slightly dryer.

So tell me about your favs and maybe even ones you haven't found so good, hopefully I can find something on you wonderful ladies recommendations
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
oh great thread. In all honesty, i am yet to find an eye cream that a like. I have only  tried a few, but have seen no difference, and some have been too strong for my sensetive skin. Looking forward to everyone elses recommendations. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Unfortunately the only eye creams I have that actually work do come with a big price tag. Kiehl midnight concentrate at night and tarte eye brighter in the morning. To help with the dry skin though maybe try an inexpensive brand eye cream like nivea but pop a little rosehip oil in before patting it on that'll help with the dryness and will aid repair skin cells.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I use rosehip oil by itself under many eyes at night. I'm still looking for a HG eye cream too. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've tried a lot but I cannot say any have made a real difference, but the following two have not given me milia, which I cannot deal with from an eye cream - the Natio Ageless and Clinique repairwear laser focus. I too would like recommendations! 
sam_clarkson
205 posts
chikoboo how much was the keihls one? I have heard that that is a really good product, 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I've been using a No7 Youthful eye cream since May that I'm pleasantly surprised with as it was only about $20 NZD, I used to have the dryest undereyes, concealer never sat well under there, but I've had no problems with that since using this. I'm not aware of anywhere you can pick this up in NZ though, so once I'm out of it I'll be trying out the MAC Lightful C Vibrancy Eye Cream, it's got some great, non-irritating ingredients, and is also pretty affordable.
sam_clarkson
205 posts
hmmm I may have to look into the MAC one, good thing as i can get beauty points there haha, did the no 7 one do more for you than just help dryness sarah?

I don't think I have horrible bags or anything but occasionally dark under eyes
and of course I want to help prevent signs of aging as everyone does hehe
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Postie Plus carry a few no.7 items so it might be worth you checking there. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
No I really only picked up the No7 one to combat the insane dryness, as it contains hyalouronic acid. I mean my undereye lines also aren't as harsh as a result of the extra moisture under there, which is an added bonus.

But now that that's under control, that's why I'm keen to try the MAC one, as it has Vit C that will hopefully provide a little more help in the dark circle realm, but I don't hold out much hope. There's only so much skin care can realistically achieve. Haha. But there's lots of antioxidants, peptides etc that will only do good things for your skin, helping with the slowing down of further aging.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I've just started using Living Nature's Firming Eye Cream - it's $44 or thereabouts along with their Firming Flax Serum and Radiance Night Oil - not the cheapest of ranges but if you shop well you can get them at an affordable price. I got the Radiance Night Oil because of their Skin Rewards scheme. Worth checking out as I'm already seeing a difference.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I always have a look at BeautyPedia before purchasing most of my products as the research is purely science based, not just because someone thinks it's great lol. Here's their best rated eye creams

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/best-skin-care-products/Skin-Care/Eye-Moisturizers
sam_clarkson
205 posts
oh thats awesome thanks for that Sarah :)
Macs
5351 posts
I had a few Clinique and shiseido eye creams. I favoured the Clinique gave a lift. Shiseido was hydrating. Definately need to invest in some more because its been a while.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I have a plantae one which I love. It's averagely priced and organic. I'm about to try the new Shiseido one which I've heard is really good too.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
That reminds me,  i must get my hands on that kiehls eye cream! 
chikoboo
3402 posts
I got my Kiehls from Nordstrom as I am no where near a counter, but there is a counter in the Christchurch Ballantynes so I am told.  It cost me $36 usd.
MrsO
196 posts
I have recently tried the L'Oreal Paris Revitalift eye contour cream in the red/gold/white packaging and found it to be quite effective at smoothing wrinkles and didn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I got it for about $25.00 at Countdown on special. I prefer it to the L'Oreal Age Perfect Intense nutrition eye balm which I found a bit thick and didn't sink in as well.
idomakeupnz
150 posts
In my opinion eye creams are over priced, under sized moisturirsers. I've tried many eye creams over the years because I have dark circles and dry skin - both things I was hoping I could combat with a specialty product, alas I had no such luck. Most creams ended up causing milia and never helped with my concerns.
As of this year I decided to just use my regular skincare items around/on my eye area and it's worked perfectly fine and has indeed lightened dark circles and helped improve dryness.
I layer my 3 serums on the area and then gently pat in my night gel cream - I've had no issues with irritation, product not absorbing or milia. It's been more affective than any eye cream I've ever used.
I suggest using a serum you like and then sealing in those benefits with your night cream (light layer depending on how thick it is).
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I started off using oasis hot toddy and beauty sleep moisturiser. This helped to lift out the deep lines around my eyes. I still use these along with the trilogy eye cream and both of their rosehip oils.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I recently started using Kiehl's avocado eyecream. The texture is amazing! It's rich and moisturizing but doesn't feel heavy and really locks in moisture. I had some hashtags near my inner eyes from using another really drying eyecream and have been trying to soften the lines for the last few months. I managed to get them looking better with facial oils but this eyecream on top of a bit of facial oil, really makes a difference. 

Just wish it came in a tube as I'm not fond of pots.
Sophia
203 posts
Rosehip oil after evening shower.

Dragons blood Wrinkle Repair eye creme in the funny press-pot morning and night. Seems to cut down on morning puffiness for me, and it soaks in dry. Doesn't interfere with my under eye concealer. Also fairly easy to get at supermarket, farmers etc. I use it twice a day because that's what the instructions say so I'm religious about it haha
Julieal
915 posts
Dragon's blood is one I use and find really good and avaliable at supermarkets and qiite often about the $20 mark on special
SandieNZ
424 posts
You HAVE to try Cosima Skincare Flawless Eyecream - it is amazing!!! In fact the entire Cosima range is just incredible, and the flawless range tops them all. The only eyecream I have ever used that shows phenomenal results 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!