Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Switching to Natural and/or Organic Skincare - Mature Skin

17 posts, 8 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I've been using the ZA Perfect Solution cleanser, toner, moisturiser and collagen cream and it's absolutely fabulous I must say but I want to switch to something natural when this present batch runs out so I'm doing my research early.

I'm 49 and have normal to dry skin. I'm tempted by Evolu and Trilogy (especially seeing as it's 3 for 2 at Farmers for all Trilogy products atm) and then of course there's Antipodes but that's a bit out of my price range longer term. Natio seem well priced and I'm a bit of a fan but I have so many of their products now I want to try something different for skincare.

Can anyone recommend a natural and/or organic anti-ageing range for mature skin that doesn't cost the earth please? :)

MareeB
5239 posts
I'm using Essano at the moment, and I love it.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thank you :) I'll go check their website out.
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I personally am a huge Trilogy fan, I am 27 and my mama (60) also loves their products. I have tried a couple of Evolu products and was not wowed, and a few Antipodes products are my holy grails.
Macs
5351 posts
Trilogy sounds good. I think you should try and get a bargain while you can Amanda. Farmers doesn't usually have these good sales. Im thinking of going in tommorow to get a couple of chichi products while its buy two get one free.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thanks Elizabeth :) I brought the Antipodes Anti Ageing Miniatures a couple of weeks ago, haven't opened them yet though. Must do that soon. I'm going to buy the other miniature set too this week I think, it will give me another two products to review.

Macs, I only just discovered Farmers and what a great month or so it's been for specials so I didn't know it's not a regular thing. I am going to go in and get some Trilogy this week. Either that or Dr Hauschka which seem to be comparable in price with Trilogy and they have treble points at the moment too. 

Those sales and the Natio gifts, and Countdown Month of Beauty, and I'm in heaven. Actually I just made a list of all the things I've brought since 22nd February this year (when I first started seriously getting into BR properly) and I can honestly say I had no idea I'd brought so much but they were all such good deals that I was saving in the long run but oww, I have to stop after this skincare purchase. At least for a pause to take stock as it were :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hrm, I might change my mind on the Dr Hauschka range. I won't pay $50 for a lipstick on principle and it doesn't look like I'll be able to keep up with the skincare stuff at their normal prices. Plus Trilogy are made in NZ so yeah, I'll do that :)
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Oasis Skincare products are really good! I know there are a few ladies on here that swear by their products. 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
True Kaitlyn343, thank you for the reminder. I remember seeing a few threads about their range. I think most of the organic skincare stuff is around the same price eh. It's just a matter of finding the right one :)
SandieNZ
424 posts
I've heard amazing things about Oasis, I've only ever tried their samples and they were amazing but go to their website and order some samples.

I LOVE Oxygen Skincare, send them an email and they may be able to send you samples.

Otherwise, check out OhNatural, Jenna is amazing and she will be able to point you in the right direction, and she sometimes has samples she can send out too.

The other one is Manuka Dr and it's done absolutely amazing things for my skin, even though it's more pricey, it really is incredible.  You only need a small amount so it's worth it
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm 45 and I really like the 'age proof' range by Trilogy. I've been using a sample of the night cream I got with a GWP for a few months now.  It's lovely and it last ages. And there's always a 3 for 2 or GWP offer on Trilogy somewhere. They have a newsletter you can sign up for so you know when the offers are on. I would say that Essano is almost/just as good when the budget doesn't stretch as far as Trilogy. Grab the treat pack of mini sizes whilst Countdown have it on special. Their night cream is also lovely. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I love Oasis too, but I think Essano edges it out, especially for dry skin. Just my opinion, and I love rosehip oil!!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thank you again everyone. I signed up for the Trilogy emails, now to go on to Oasis and do that too. I forget sometime (it's my age, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) :)

Ok, signed up for Oasis, they have good prices for their serums. That's one of the first things on the list. 

Now to trawl the revues here, thanks for the pointers! :)

MareeB
5239 posts
I've just noticed the Black Chicken range of products - interesting concept and also highly tempting...they're on my radar for when I can justify it...
janini9
341 posts
I'm 50 and love Taylor skincare moisturiser and  Oasis serums, (both are divine and make my skin look the best it's been for a long time). Trilogy is a bit meh for me.
janini9
341 posts
Oops, it's Tailor (not Taylor). Both Oasis and Tailor ranges are NA made! use natural ingredients and don't test on animals.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Heya Maree, I was looking at the Black Chicken site the other day. I've just been in a bit of a rut with buying from Farmers lol. I need to do some online shopping but I really like to try things out and see if I like the scent too as I'm allergic to a few things and aftershave, perfume and other strong scents make me sneeze really badly. 

Has anyone heard anything about World Organics? I notice they are one of those direct sales companies or whatever but their products look interesting. Not all the ingredients are from NZ though or Australia, which is about as far afield as I will go lately. Trying to reduct my carbon footprint etc.

Janine, I am going to buy Oasis sample pack deal for $50 I think. That's a great way to try things out. It's on the list for this week :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!