Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

5 posts, 3 members
Imoshen
461 posts
Hiya!

Just been reading the reviews of the A'kin Rose Hip Oil with Vitamin C (yay paragraphs!) and a few of you ladies mentioned struggling with sunspots.

Sunspots are caused by excess melanin produced in your skin so a melanin inhibiting ingredient such as alpha arbutin, AHA's such as lactic acid, glycolic acid, BHA's such as salicyclic acid, licorice root extract or hydroquinone (which I've heard some comments about this not really being a good option) and then of course you have your Vitamin C gold standard L-ascorbic acid (which is a lot stronger than the one used in the A'kin Rose Hip Oil).

Once you have sunspots, they never really go away and if you are caught out in the sun, they will darken again.  You can definitely get lighteners for them to make them less obvious though.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Sunspots! My number one issue I'm trying to target on my face. I ordered the alpha arbutin from The Ordinary. Not sure whether to spot treat or apply all over my face. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Is L-ascorbic acid different from normal ascorbic acid? I have a bottle of vitamin c serum that I'm going to start using soon and it says ascorbic acid, but I can't find anything that differentiates the two.
Imoshen
461 posts
L-Ascorbic Acid and Ascorbic Acid are indeed the same according to Paula Begoun's Ingredient Dictionary so rest assured you're in good hands there.  Do be careful though because this ingredient is unstable and can oxidise quickly but you'll know it's oxidised as it will turn a coppery orange colour.  Don't use it anymore if it does this.  

If you have the Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum I believe that this is a stable formula and the reason it is an orange colour is due to the pumpkin used in it.

Let me know how you get on with the Alpha Arbutin Tannygirl.  I also have this product and have been using it rather infrequently on sunspots on my neck.  It's not perfect but it seems to be diminishing them a little.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh sweet thanks!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!