Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Spf Eye Cream Recommendations

9 posts, 4 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I used to apply my Apple a Day to my eye area so it can have some spf protection but in the last year (was using their old stock that was still in airless pumps) they've revamped and changed their formula. The new formula pills and stings my eyes, so I'm on the hunt for a new eye cream that has a good spf or a really gentle spf moisturizer that doesn't sting my eyes. 

1. High spf preferably, at least in the 30-50 broad spectrum. 

2. Non whitening, doesn't ball or pill and sits nicely under eye makeup.

3. Light and non-irritating, doesn't sting eyes, doesn't give me milia. 

4. Reasonable price for what it does. I don't mind spending a bit more but if I do, I expect it to do more than just moisturize and protect my eye area. 

I'm willing to consider a variety of brands-  high end, local and Asian. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Imoshen
461 posts
Funny you mention this because I purchased a product specifically for this area for going away this year.

I picked it up from beautylish.com and it's called Ilia Moondance Translucent SPF20 Powder.

Angie from HotnFlashy recommended a brand like it but I couldn't find any in NZ cheap enough to justify the purchase so I ended up with the one above.

It's great for touching up during the day but it has other uses too such as the part line in your hair.

I specifically used it over my eye lids and top of the forehead and it was easy to reapply again and again without caking.

You don't have to get this one specifically, there are other brands out there that do the tinted versions (kinda like using mineral foundation really!).  So technically, you could buy your own dispenser brush and load it with some mineral foundation that contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxides.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I'll check that out. I used to use the Sheisedo's Sun Protection Eye Cream Spf 25 but it's pricey and doesn't do anything as an eyecream other than just provide some spf and on a hot day it migrates. 

I googled and found that there's a brand called Supergoop! that has an eyecream with an spf of 37 and they tell you exactly how much you need to get optimal protection, which is kinda vague with the other spf eye creams. The downside is finding a site that ships it here and it does cost around 30 USD. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Origins has one A Perfect World Age Defense Eye Cream with SPF 20. Mecca doesn't stock it at least not yet. I did find it on Lookfantastic.com. I've never bought from that site before I'm wondering has anyone had any trouble with orders from that site. I looked up the reviews and they were mixed. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
So I ordered A Perfect World Age-Defense Eyecream with Spf 20 off Origins.com and had it shipped here via Youshop. I bulk bought 3 when they had their Black Friday sales of 25% off and 12 piece gwp set of deluxe minis if you spent over 75USD. 
  I had a bit of trouble with getting one of the items because I later found out it was unable to ship via Youshop because of the high alcohol content. I opted to have them take it out and have the rest shipped to me. I didn't get an advent calendar but the 11 minis could've been the contents of an advent calendar.
MareeB
5241 posts
HmmI never considered an eye cream should have SPF, but it makes sense. I'll keep that in mind for thefuture.
tannygirl
3392 posts
 Oh btw I really like the one from Origins it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes and doesn't leave a white cast either. 

I still want to get the one from Supergoop! to try as well just waiting till the site it's on has a really good discount on some other items I want to buy as well.
Julieal
915 posts
Really good infirmation here -I have never thought to look for eyecream with SPF
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh there aren't very many with spf. And the few that have spf are pricey and most don't have an spf higher than 15. I think the reason why is because they need to formulate one that is effective and doesn't sting eyes and testing for the product is pricey so most companies don't really bother sadly. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!