Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

10 posts, 9 members
samantha358
4 posts
Hey all :)

I suffer from alot of acne and I was just wondering which concealers/foundations are best to cover them really well.

trudijoy
8375 posts
hey honey

i used to get bad acne too and i really think that rather than cover it's best to try and do what you can for your skin.

So saying, it's a case of matching skin type, need and product.  I used to love the l'oreal touche magique both under and over foundation.  Green concealer can be amazing for diluting redness.

But ultimately I think getting your skin into a routine that works is better than covering up if you're able to.

Mine eventually cleared once i started using micellar water and a cleanser/lotion combo that worked for me x
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
I have serious acne, so know how hard it is but the best foundation I have found so far is Rimmel 25 hr lasting finish :)
Jesse
745 posts
I've had problem acne for.. 17 years now :O and I agree with treating acne itself being key.

But in regards to foundations and concealers that work well if for when you DO want to cover acne, it's going to also depend on your skin type and what you like, which is where trying samples of products is always a good idea.

For example myself I have oily, acne-prone skin with a lot of scarring. I prefer full coverage and want my foundation to last all day. I've discovered powder foundations just don't give me the coverage I need, and cream foundations melt on my skin. For my particular needs I really like...

- MAC Studio Fix Fluid & MAC Pro Longwear. These are both my absolute favourites as they last all day on my skin and cover well.
- Revlon Colourstay I used a few years back and I really like this too!
- Clinique Anti-Blemish, and also ELF Studio Acne Fighting Foundation. Both have good coverage and contain salicylic acid for treating acne while you wear them.
- Concealer-wise ELF's Maximum Coverage oil-free concealer for covering blemishes.

Also a good primer (I like ELF's Tone-Adjusting Green primer for these) is crucial as it creates a barrier between your skin and the foundation, plus also making sure you regularly wash brushes used on acne so that you're not spreading the bacteria.

Everyone's skin is different so it can take a lot of trial and error finding what works for you, it really did for me! In my opinion out of all your makeup the right foundation is the most important product as it can make or break the rest of your makeup and your skin itself so it's well worth investing in.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there, from your profile pic you look very young. I would go an get your foundation matched at Farmers or a pharmacy. They'll be able to give you a foundation for your type of skin. Mention your acne problem too. If it continues to be a problem, you may want to see a doctor about it.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I too agree that treating the acne itself is super important. I would also suggest using an organic cover up because it's a little bit healthier for the skin. And make sure you do things like wash all your make up off, cleanse and moisturise every night.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I would check out Living Nature as a lot of their products have the healing Manuka Honey. And if you check out their specials they're often doing a free skincare sample.
jojo77
3 posts
Definately agree, treating the cause is so important. Epiology cream is also excellent for reducing the redness associated with acne
MrsO
196 posts
I have found that taking Evening Primrose Oil caps helps with acne related inflammation.
LinF
63 posts
Sammy when my daughter was young and getting bad acne I suggested she dab each spot with tea tree oil, always making sure to use a clean cottonwool bud for each spot. She did this every evening after cleansing and toning her skin and just before bed. It seemed to dry the spot and after a couple of days it disappeared, so no acne scars. Hope it works for you.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!