Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Organic or Natural Skincare Serums?

15 posts, 11 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I'm on the quest for the perfect natural/organic skin serum, does anyone have any recommendations?

I've got a few here but haven't written any reviews yet. I can't wait to try Plantae Rose Hip Fruit + Seed Serum. I've got one on order and they have a free cleanser with 2 product purchases so I'm going to spoil myself over the weekend in my local organic shop. 

There's such a selection of oils out there, do you have a favourite?
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yes. I'm loving the oasis serums for my face.

I've come across another oil that's cocoa and vanilla. I've been mixing it in a cream I have to use head to toe for my skin. Since I've been using it my skin is so amazingly soft and smooth. Sorry I can't link on my phone I'm not at home. Look up templetonic.com the oil has a slight chocolate fragrance and has wee bits or real vanilla through it. I've also used it as a keep remover.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'm going all new zealand made organic in my skin care. Brands I recommend are plantae, living nature and antipodes.
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Antipodes and Trilogy both do lovely serums! Definitely recommend, although they're a tad more pricey. 
pintsize
1072 posts
I love Oxygen serum, so far it's my favorite :)

Farmerswife, I might just have to check that one out... sounds delicious <3

rmcleod91
16 posts
I am loving antipodes at the moment, I have the skin brightening serum and a daily moisturiser in my current daily routine and I love trilogy rosehip oil for a moisture boost. My skin is the best it's ever been
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I forgot about the oxygen one. That's lovely as well as the trilogy
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I think I'm going to have to try all of them lol. I really want to make my own now and I'm enjoying the research, there's so much to learn about skincare, this obsession hasn't ended yet. I need a miracle anyway hehe.

Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll go do some more research I think. It's fun! :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
oasis, essano, antipodes, trilogy, oxygen dr Manuka eeeek I like all of these ones it's so hard when you start looking at them all X
Absolutely love Oxygen's Serum. Check out the reviews :-) x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Sounds like I need to try this Oxygen serum! I'm currently enjoying my sample of the Oasis Hot Toddy serum, however I haven't yet noticed any extra benefits that other serums haven't already provided me...but I love the smell!
chikoboo
3402 posts
You need to choose what is best suited to your skin needs but I think the difference is that natural skincare isn't organic certified or they would be classied as the same =)

I am currently hoarding a few serum samples that I am gradually trialling to see what I like, but I do love the Oasis Beauty Hot Toddy.  I used to use Rosehip oil until I found out that it wasn't really doing anything for my skin as it is for using on repairing damaged skin whereas Jojoba oil which I now use is for balancing combination skin.  One of the best trial serums I have is Clinique Revitalising Turnaround Treatment Oil, it isn't in the stores until June/July though but it is seriously yummy on the skin but not sure if that is natural actually thinking about it.

AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thanks Chickoboo - as usual you are the fountain of knowledge!

Do you know anything about making your own serum? Process etc? Have you tried it? (sorry, so full of questions :)

Julieal
915 posts
Triology do a good one and is such a good product -Well worth looking at.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thanks ladies, sorry I should have got back to this thread earlier. I do appreciate all the feedback.

I used a Farmers club voucher today and picked up a Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate. It comes in a little roll on tube with a metal ball on the end. It's lovely. I think I'll be trying their serum next :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!