Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How to use face wipes- yes there is a right and wrong way!

18 posts, 15 members
Ringy
825 posts
http://www.nova937.com.au/best-web/so-turns-out-weve-been-using-face-wipes-whole-time

In my efforts to prolong my pyjama lounging this morning I came across this piece of info - I personally just smear them all over!  I'm sure I'm not the only one. I have to admit I have never actually read the instructions on the packet but I'm going to have a look...when I can peel myself off the couch.

How do you use them?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
IMO the best way to use them is not at all! Bad for your skin and the environment. I've avoided them since I discovered hot cloth cleansing (ie the good old flannel) and team that with Lush's Ultrabland. 

I guess theyre OK for occasional use when you're in a situation where proper cleansing is difficult eg camping but I avoid that too lol. I still always want to wash my face afterwards though. I feel the same way about micellar water. 

HCC is worth the effort. My skin is the best it's ever been since I started. 
Ringy
825 posts
I have to admit I've never actually bought them, I've always got them free in a sample bag, goodie or reward bag or the like. I use them accessionally and I keep some in the car and I've started keeping one in my bag in case I do a heap of swatches in store as they hardly ever have anything to clean up with. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha yeah I only use them when I get them for free now too. I was a regular use for years though. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've bought a couple of packets and honestly just wiped all over! Who knew there was a right and wrong way to use them lol. I haven't used them since I found Micellar water.
Macs
5351 posts
Inever knew there was a certain way to use them. I haven't used wipes since I think it was the very first beauty box there was a Yes to cucumbers pack in there that I enjoyed. I think I'm used to just using a normal cleanser.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Yup, wrong way here too! I don't use wipes all that often but when I do, it's wrong ! Thanks Ringy, it's amazing what we learn when we are lounging..lol
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't actually think about it but I usually start at the top and work my way down. I usually have to use something separate to remove eye makeup and if I have something like long lasting liquid lipstick then I wipe that off last. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i used to swear by wipes until I realised that baby wipes gave me the exact same result, with fewer breakouts. These days I'm all about the micellar and oil cleansers, but now that i think about it, i always do my eyes first and nose last with the micellar!
Lisa-
79 posts
I'm the same as you Trudy, found out about baby wipes and started using them instead. I have never used them much as I just don't feel like they remove enough but like to keep some around for swatches and the like. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I suppose that does make sense!  I used to love wipes but now I very rarely use them. I used to do my eye makeup first, not sure how I did the rest though.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Makes sense U hardly use wipes nowadays except when traveling I always clean my eyes first thinking that I might spreassigned something to them if I go elsewhere then to eyes but now I know it's top to bottim
MissQT
1547 posts
Interesting article. It makes sense. I clean my face in order of certain areas, eyes first, then cheeks, then chin, forehead and nose at the end. I like to do eyes first as I always end up smearing mascara everywhere so i do my eyes first as I can wipe up the excess when I do my face.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I didn't think that there could be a wrong way with these, apparently I was wrong.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
worldofsooziewong I totally agree! Face wipes are for emergency late nights only. I hot cloth cleanse too, with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish.
Lutece
1849 posts
Woah! I never knew there was a way to use wipes, I go from my forehead and work my way down, the pic of the guys having their mind blown was too funny :D
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Haha Lutece I swear I sat and watched that picture for a while before I even read the article lol
I just use baby wipes as they are always around, I think makeup wipes would dry out to my as I don't use them that often. I normally take off my eyes first an them everything else.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!