Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

26 posts, 12 members
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
I've had ance scars for about 3 years now and I just can't seem to get them to even fade at all! I've tried bio oil which did nothing, apple sider and even lemon juice which I was told was good. Can anyone help me with this!? I'm a poor student so if  I'm going to pay for something I want it to be good.
Thanks.
Lutece
1849 posts
Hi, i have a cousin that suffered from bad acne scars, she was recommended bleaching creams that were only to be applied to the scars which helped lighten them alot, she also uses sunscreen daily to prevent her scars from darkening so that they started fading, she looks alot better now and you can only notice her scars if you look closely, goodluck :)
colleencanary
764 posts
Aw Kaitlyn!!! This subject is so near to my heart because I'm a severe acne sufferer and survivor. Nothing worked for me after trying everything from Proactiv to dermatologist meds. I've been suffering pretty much my whole teen and adult life. It wasnt until 4 months ago that I neat my acne by cutting out sugar. If you would like for me send you/email you a before and after pic I will be happy as I've pretty much been spreading it over facebook trying to help others.

I'm fighting with the dreaded acne scarring right now and so far the only product that appears to be lightning my scars as well as decrease the density of the acne hole is Trilogy rosehip oil. I've been using it for 2 months now and I've seen an improvement to skin and scarring.

My husband has been noticing a change in my skin, which to me is the biggest validation that something is working because he never notices anything haha :)
1139 posts
Trilogy rosehip oil! I don't have serious acne scars, just a few small ones, and rosehip oil seems to be slowly improving them. I've actually found that the rosehip oil makes my skin look hyrdated and glowy! I use it instead of moisturiser after I cleanse my face at night. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
I totally agree with elena, rosehip oil is amazing! I too have acne scaring from my youth I've been using a sample I recently received from Trilogy and its fantasitic not only is it keeping my skin super hydrated but it is improving the look of the scarring, by kind of plumping the area up, also similar effect on my fine lines.  I've also noticed a slight improvement in them awful skin tags you get around your eyes (can't think of the actually name of them) And all this has only been in the last 3 weeks since I started using the trial morning and night, needless to say I am now owner of a full bottle :)
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Thank you som much everyone for the replies! I will definitely be trying some Trilogy rosehip oil as soon as I can get my hands on some as well as cutting out the sugar and making sure I apply sunscreen out in the sun. All the replies are appreciated and I will try out everyone's points :) Will keep you posted. Also good to know I'm not the only one out there with this problem haha! 
Shazzaali
45 posts
I too have had acne scars for years (since intermediate). I have tried almost everything on the market and nothing seems to work. I tried the Trilogy Rosehip oil and although it did make my skin feel more supple I dont think it really helped making the scars lighter. I did notice a huge difference when I started using Evolu Rosehip oil. I dont know why this one seemed to work better for me and the scars were much lighter. I have also tried rubbing half a lemon on my face and leaving it till it dries up then washing it off, this really makes your skin glow. I still have a few scars and they are much lighter now but I am no where near to having the clear complexion I so badly want, I will constantly be looking at trying new products.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Is the triolgy rose hip oil their normal one or the antioxidant +???Thank you everyone! Definitely helps
colleencanary
764 posts
I just use the normal Rose hip oil hun.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Thank you!
ArohaMatthews
17 posts
I use the Trilogy Antioxidant plus rosehip oil, it definitely helped to fade my frecklesand light scarring but not my deeper scars on my face.
ArohaMatthews
17 posts
I use the Trilogy Antioxidant plus rosehip oil, it definitely helped to fade my frecklesand light scarring but not my deeper scars on my face.
SK
1 posts
The essano rosehip range is also amazing and as effective. Its also a tad cheaper and available at super markets.
Jesse
745 posts
I've started using Hiruscar because I heard some rave reviews about it's results, and I don't like the feeling of oil on my face. Only 2 weeks in so having to be patient to see if it lives up to it's claims!
colleencanary
764 posts
Has anybody tried derma-rolling? Its micro needling applied to your skin that produces collagen and fills up the damaged broken skin... Apparently... I got my derma roller yesterday and used it last night. Not sure what results I'm meant to expect.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yeah I've heard of derma rolling and how it's supposed to help acne scars and make the skin look tons smoother. Looks daunting in youtube tutorials when people rub their face raw with a roller of little needles. I don't think I'll rush to try that anytime soon.
colleencanary
764 posts
Tannygirl - I got the 0.5mm needle roller and i didnt roll until the point of rawness like some people I've seen. Yeh those videos are scary. I'll give it a fair go. You only suppose to use it a few times a week so we'll see. It actually didnt do anything to the pimples which I'm real happy about now no irritated or new breakouts.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Thanks guys. Every reply helps alot :)
AliceS
55 posts
I don't have acne scars but I have a lot of scars from when I got chicken pox really badly and I get bad reactions to mosquito bites so I have a lot of scars from that too. Does the trilogy rosehip oil work to smooth out the skin? Coz my scars aren't really a discolouration of the skin but more like actual indents and holes in my skin.
clairelouise
134 posts
I've recently switched from Rose Hip oil to Jojoba oil and I couldn't be happier! Rose hip worked for me for a while but I wasn't seeing as much fading of my acne scars as I wanted to so I wanted to try something else. Jojoba balances the skin and "tricks" it into balancing the oil production! It's the closest oil to the skins natural oils and it is seriously AMAZING. I haven't had a blemish in two weeks, my skin is glowing and the tone is evening out perfectly. I can't rave about it enough!
colleencanary
764 posts
AliceS I dont the rosehip is the answer for incident in your skin as opposed to scarring that has made skin discoloured. I have deep acne scars and while the rosehip has really help to minimise the discolouration, there hasnt been an improvement in the actual hole.

Other people might have had some luck where the rosehip actually helped to close the holes in their skin.
colleencanary
764 posts
Clairelouise - what jojoba do you use? I'm liking the sound of tricking my skin into not being oily.
clairelouise
134 posts
http://www.thebeautylounge.co.nz/skin-care/the-jojoba-company/jojoba-oil/#more-info

The Jojoba Company =) it's $25 for the small (but still big!) bottle at Farmers =)
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
I've been using trilogy rose hip oil antioxidant + but it hasn't seemed to make any difference for the scars. Thanks guys
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
And thank you clarie the jobajoba oil sounds like it would be perfect! (I also have quite oily skin) ... I can't spell the name of the oil and I'm on ph so I can't check haha.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
AliceS I have scars like that! And yeah so far nothing has worked much, its so ugly and embarrassing! :(

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!