Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

HELP ! Hormones on a wrecking rampage !

9 posts, 7 members
Dii
16 posts
[color=#291b29]Hello everyone ! 

I am 15 weeks pregnant and although I am one of those lucky women who do not have to suffer server morning sickness , but my skin has gone absolutely crazy ! 

The last time I had this amount of acne on my face I was in my teens ! Since I wasn't  pregnant then, I could use antibiotics and creams with a generous does of Vitamin A to fight the ache.

I can't do either of them now. I am looking for something natural/organic, safe to use in pregnancy. I also have acne on my chest around my cleavage. [/color]

[color=#291b29]My OB Gyn says it will calm down as the hormones do , suggested I use nothing other than natural remedies. I have tried things from Turmeric to Apple cider vinegar and so far no noticeable effects.

I have now resorted to just washing my face with a natural face wash and dabbing apple cider vinegar on.
I leave my face bare as much as I can and use make up to cover up occasionally which obviously worsens the acne for the next few days.

I could of course just carry on and hope after Bubs out my skin will go back to it's original moderately acne prone oily self !

Do you know of any Natural / Organic brands that particularly cater to acne caused by hormonal fluctuations ? 

I welcome any tips and advise you might have.

Thanks Heaps !
Di
xx[/color]
swamphen
73 posts
Unfortunately it might last first and second trimester... but in the home stretch you will come right.
Hormones eh!!!!

Are you taking a pregnancy supplement? Also, I like to use witch hazel on the spots. Good luck with your pregnancy. All the side effects are well worth it xx
Macs
5351 posts
hey Dii, 

When I was pregnant with my first child I had bad breakouts. I just used Thursday Plantation tea tree oil for treatment. Been meaning to try Lush Tea Tree toner for a while now. Always do a patch test just in case. I hope you find something soon. 

Take care x
MareeB
5241 posts
I didn't have bad skin during pregnancy, and I ate tons of wheatgerm!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Heya. Have you tried rosehip oil at all? It helped my skin sooooo much.
Dii
16 posts
Thank you ladies ! xx

swamphen I am taking the Elevit supplements.  I will give witch hazel  a go . Thank you for your kind wishes ! Yes, it'll all be worth it ! xx

Macs Since my skin's already oily enough to fry an egg I am scared to use oil on it  , though I have in the past. I will get a sample of the Thursday Plantation tea tree oil and have a go. Thank you for your advice and wishes xx

MareeB good for you ! Thanks for the tip ! xx

Lisa-Lou I did try the Triology one , I wasn't pregnant then, it did not cause any major breakouts. MAybe time to give it another go ! xx

shazatron101
5112 posts
If you use an oil, your skin will think its making too much and will hopefully calm down on making so much! Jojoba is quite good as apparently it's very similar to the oil our skin produces already, so you could try that. 

Just remember to use tea tree as a spot treatment for your breakouts and not all over your face, but I'm sure you know that. Use clean fingers or cotton buds. And I'm sure you know this too, but don't squeeze them! It's the hardest habit to break. 

Congratulations on your wee bundle of joy <3 
Imoshen
461 posts
I'd like to suggest this to help exfoliate dead skin and dirt.  It's pretty great stuff!
Dii
16 posts
shazatron101 Thanks heaps for your kind wishes and your tips ! xx
Will try Jojoba oil and tea tree for spot treatments .

Imoshen thanks for the tip ! x
 I have tried trilogy products before and love them !

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!