Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

gel moisturizers!

15 posts, 11 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
anyone have any recommendations? i have come to the conclusion my face does not like cream moisturizers, but it can dig it when it comes to gel ones. just wondering what's out there, if anything? or anything similar that you've tried if you're in the same boat as me :-D
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I was looking at the new Neutragena one with haluronic acid, I think it was $30 roughly, I haven't tried it but I plan to as it is a lot cheaper than Clinique moisture surge which I definitely like.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i feel like i've heard of that!?? but im not sure i'm willing to spend $30 on one :P i bought a korean one for about $5 (from a brand i know and like) so i'll see how that goes. i do like things with hyalauronic acid though so... maybe i'll have a treatmyself moment :P
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I haven't tried any gel moisturisers yet, but the only two I've heard of are Neutrogena Hydro Boost and Natio Rosewater Moisture Boost Day Cream-Gel. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I tried the Za gel moisturiser. I liked it but it left my skin feeling sticky which I didn't like so much.
shazatron101
5112 posts
oooh i've not tried any natio - to my knowledge - but that does sound really nice!!

ugh maree sticky face is the woorrrsstttt. the only time its tolerable is if its a mask!! :P
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I've been using the Neutrogena hydro boost night cream for 2 weeks and I absolutely love it. I like the smell, the packaging and how hydrating it is. And a small bit goes a long way. Will defiantly be trying the rest of the range.
Julieal
915 posts
I haven't seen any gel moisturisers -could be be a cool for summer so let us know what you think ?
shazatron101
5112 posts
oooh toni that sounds promising!!! maybe i will look into that one after all. it is a bit spendy but like you say they go further than the average bear.

will keep you posted julieal ;-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yeah I'm the same Shaz, normal moisturisers haven't cut it for me for a long time, although the Trilogy one was really nice. I tend to use serums and oils now and they work better. 

The only gel moisturiser I can think of that worked was the Dragon's Blood one, that was good. And nice and thick too, maybe give that a go xxx
shazatron101
5112 posts
it's so bizzare! i've had no problems with them the last however many years i've been using them! lol. the woman at the chemist gave me a sample of the shiseido waso one, hooollyyy moly. i think that's what made me want to swap - it's soooo nice. i think its called the clear mega hydrating cream... it's so nice. price, not so nice :P

i'll keep dragons blood on my mind but i'm not sure if i like them, im still using their eye cream and waiting to realize if i like it or not :P
Macs
5351 posts
Never used Gel before. I’d like to give that one a try Toni. Sounds good. Hope you find something soon.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Shiseido came out with one that I got a sample for and I really liked it. Think it's called waso hydrating cream. It's gel and feels super luxurious to put on. Great for sensitive skin too.
Anjali6132
1 posts
I never did try any gel moisturizer but I have been using nyassa's carrier oil as skin moisturizer
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I’ve been getting a bit of dry patches lately due to the weather change.. So i’ve been using the nivea daily essentials urban skin detox night gel cream, which is light creamy green coloured. Makes my face nice and soft. Loving it at the moment!! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!