Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Foreo Cleansing Brushes

3 posts, 3 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies, 

So I've been researching skin care and looking into natural skin care that meet the needs of my skin (super fussy, super sensitive, super dry, the list goes on lol).  It seems to be a popular trend to use cleansing brushes however there are quite a few options and some different opinions about using them.

There seems to be a big hype about the Foreo brand in cleansing brushes and are apparently deemed to be much better and less damaging on your skin compared to the usual popular brands like Clarasonic etc.

My question is, has anyone purchased a Foreo and loves it? Thinking of purchasing one as it seems to be more hygenic than attachment brushes however they are quite pricey so thought I would see if anyone has one or maybe another alternative perhaps on the cheaper side lol.

Here is a link to it for anyone that is curious about what I am talking about :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I don't have the Foreo Luna 2 but I have the first one for normal/sensitive skin. I have to say it was one of my best beauty buys of purchases of 2015. I haven't used a conventional cleansing brush like the Clarisonic but after I wash my face using my Foreo my skin does feel a bit softer. I have used scrubs alot less since purchasing it. As for the anti-aging treatments on the back of the brush, I honestly haven't seen hardly any results from using it twice a day for over a year. I guess if you tend to knit your brows and have alot of tension there it can massage it a bit and help it relax and so you don't get lines in your forehead as soon or as deep. It didn't do anything for my laugh lines either. 

So if you want you could save a bit and go for the Luna Mini which costs less and is smaller and doesn't have the anti-aging function like the big sized one. The mini is smaller and has a smaller cleansing surface so when you clean your face you'll cover less space on each of the areas on your face during the 1 minute cleanse and you may have few speeds to choose from but other than that, I don't really see a huge difference in skincare benefits between the original and the mini. 

Oh and you can't use scrubs and cleansers that have grainy bits or manual exfoliants in them because it will scratch the silicone surface. It also says to avoid using clay based cleansers with it. I think Sephora.nz sell it I would order off there and if you have 300 points you can get a 10% discount, because you purchase it off the official website you could be charged for import tax but with Sephora you shouldn't have to pay taxes. 

Overall it's a fantastic buy, even though the anti-aging side is overhyped. I used to use mine twice a day and then cut back to every night and now since I plan to use chemical exfoliants I'm using it every other night or when my skin needs an extra good clean. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
You learn something new everyday. Keen to hear how it goes if you do try it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!