Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Face Masks - one after another?

26 posts, 15 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Would you put one on after another?

I have the Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask on atm and am considering putting the Living Nature Ultra Nourishing mask on afterwards, I haven't used it yet.

I've not done that before though, can I ask, would you do it?
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Yes! I often do a clarifying mask followed by a hydrating mask. The Trilogy mask does have oils in it so it is designed to clarify and nourish, but if you have dry skin or really want a hydration boost then go for it! Enjoy your masks xx
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Ohh thank you. I will. I really wasn't sure but I am now :)
MareeB
5242 posts
I've never thought of doing that,  but it sounds good.
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never done that, but I do slather on my moisturiser after my mud mask because I find it leaves my skin a bit dry and tight. I was considering doing a hydrating mask afterwards.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Good thinking chicky! Never thought of that before. I normally finish off with serums and or moisturisers
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I'd be interested in how you ladies go on if you try it too :)

This Living Nature mask is unusual in that you massage it in after it sitting on your face for 20 mins or so, then wipe any remnants away with cotton wool. It feels good though and smells lovely.  Fingers crossed it works well. It's $59 for a 50ml tube which isn't so bad if it actually does what it's supposed to. Here's a link in case anyone is interested.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried one mask after another. I just put serum on .
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I haven't tried this, it makes sense. But to go off on a tangent I do put a mask on after exfoliating, & I've been using my olay cleansing brush every night either with exfoliant or a cleanser or both tonight it was cleanser and now mask... I'm noticng the improvement with my skin my pores are reducing in size significantly, even more so since introducing Bossy coffee scrub into my skincare routine.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
What serum do you use Macs?

k3r1pakai - I found it was the combined effect of all the good things I started doing for my skin that helped too. The Olay brush though, I owe a big hi five to Natalie for that recommendation!
First Lady
957 posts
Hi five accepted!

It's so good, I really don't feel the need to drop 200 slides on a 'high end' one, when this one has worked miracles on my skin.  

I don't even have the 'what if' niggles that I do often get when I opt for the budget friendly version of something.

xox

k3r1pakai
1185 posts
AmandaJane it's a buzz to get such a score. I'm hoping I can rewind on my face haha or at least prevent the aging process in my face.
I'm thinking next stop is those 5min chemical peels could be my next step. ?
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Amanda, at the moment I have three on the go Manuka Docgtor Bee venom for anti ageing, Plantae serum and Trilogy for hydration. I'm almost out of anti ageing serum. I need to find another one.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Amanda, at the moment I have three on the go Manuka Doctor Bee venom for anti ageing, Plantae serum and Trilogy for hydration. I'm almost out of anti ageing serum. I need to find another one.
Mila
1209 posts
I have never tried this before actually it's been a long time since I've used a mask to be honest the trilogy one is on my list :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Seeing everyone's revel over this Olay brush has my mind a flutter! Do I grab one and do a comparison to my Clarisonic?  because I am so in love with that =)

In regards to the face masks...yes! one after the other is awesome and sometimes I do the random patching of masks, where you pop on the hydrating mask to the areas that need moisture and a mask for treating oily areas and reducing enlarged pores in the t-zone.  Looks crazy but works =)
Julieal
915 posts
I have never tried doing this -Let us know what the result was ?
Macs
5351 posts
I hope you do get one Chik. Then we can see if its a save or splurge. If you do, I'll look out. Ever since Nat mentioned it it's been on my to buy list.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
That's good Natalie, it's good to hear you are still liking it :)

k3r1pakai - I haven't thought about the chemical peel masks to be honest. I might have to do some research but really I'm not sure how far I would go for beauty. I'm not fond of pain lol

Macs - that's a great mixture of serums. I was fortunate last week and won the Oasis Hot Toddy serum, it's really quite lovely. Much thinner than the Plantae Rosehip Fruit and Seed Oil, very light indeed. I think they are $40 to buy so not a bad price either. The Antipodes anti-ageing MINI's ($20) are a good way to try their serum too. It's also light but not as light as the Oasis. 

Mila - the Trilogy mask is great and it comes with a little applicator. I posted a photo of it a while back on the photo wall.

chicoboo - yes please do! I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that would enjoy reading that review. I am curious but yeah the Clairosonic are expensive. The patch mask thing is ingenious! What a great idea. I wanna see a photo hehe :)

Julieal - it was lovely. I very pleased with the new Living Nature mask. It sounds a bit odd to massage it into your face rather than wash it off but it's fab, it left my skin soft as a babies bottom lol :)
glamfish
87 posts
Oooh save or splurge for the clarisonic and the olay brush would be amazing. I purchased the olay brush and find the other one super out of my price range...but if I knew it was heaps better or I've got a good one going that would be awesome.

I've never thought of doing two face masks either but it sounds like a great idea!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
That is such a good idea isn't it and a great save or splurge. This beauty deal isn't cheap all in all, worth it though :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am so doing this tomorrow night! sometimes mask can slightly dry my skin out, so awesome idea to follow it up with a hydration mask
trudijoy
8375 posts
I haven't, but now I'm really intrigued
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I would do clarifying or exfoliating then hydrating for sure, but I've never actually done it. I use 2 different masks 2 different days of the week but they're both for fighting oiliness/acne but I feel like they do different things?
Macs
5351 posts
I'll watch out for your oasis review. Their higly reccomended. Have you noticed a difference with the trilogy mask or is too early to ask?
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Trudi - It's worth a try. I'm pleased with the results :)

TraineeMUA - It would be interesting to see how you go on with trying one after the other. Maybe do a patch job like Chicoboo suggested :)

Macs - It'll be a while till I use the Oasis properly in order to test it properly. Re the Trilogy mask, it's cleared some blackheads for me. I've been using it once a week (when I remember) for a while now. It is a lovely mask.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!