Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Face Mask Recommendations

21 posts, 17 members
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Hi ladies!

I'm currently on the hunt for a good face mask for sensitive/breakout prone skin, any ideas?
In the past manuka honey and clay have done wonders for me, so was perhaps considering the Antipodes Aura Face Mask or something similar

Thanks!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Hi BeautyCutie I highly recommend Queen Helene Mint Julep and Grape Extract ones off of iherb.  Perfect for dealing with the acne prone side, I've never had a problem with the grape peel off one but have heard a few people say its a bit too strong for them so it may not be best for the sensitivity of your skin. 
Susilia
484 posts
I second the mint julep one, it was my favorite before the innisfree volcanic pore clay mask came along and now I feel bad not using the mint julep one anymore, oops!!!:)
Cat
474 posts
I like the mint julep one too! I only just got it but can say its a great substitute for Glam Glow for fraction of the price! 
Hollie
320 posts
I have the Skinfood mud mask on as I type, and highly recommend it - it's only about $12 at the supermarket. I have also used Nimue clay mask in the past, which is amazing, but a whole lot more expensive at $90.
Manda129
419 posts
Pure Source do so lovely mud masks that are great but you can also make your own at home, if you can get your hands on some calamine powder, glycerin, magnesium carbonate powder mix it up with some rose water and its a great mask and natural :)

Calamine has a soothing and cleansing effect and reduces redness
magnesium carbonate has a mild astringent effect and helps to tighten and firm skin

skingeek
537 posts
A really awesome natural cheapie available at countdown is the fabulous skinfood rotorua mud masque. I love it.
1139 posts
My Skinfood mud masque has almost run out and I can't seem to find it at any Countdowns I look at. They have a whole bunch of Skinfood products but not the mask... I think I ordered it online last time but there must be a Countdown in Christchurch that has it!
Chaotic82
522 posts
Will keep an eye out when I go to countdown Ellie :)

I love the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask and the Clay Mask.  I have oily, sensitive skin.  The Mint Julep stings a little for me when I first put it on - but it passes quickly.  I find it hard not to do one every night because I like them so much! :D
Hollie
320 posts
You can get the Skinfood mud mask at New World too. I love mine.
sjwallisnz
39 posts
Skinfoods masque is excellent, any mask with clay in it would be a good option as it literally draws the oil out of your pores as the masque dries, i also really like Tailor masque :)
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Thanks so much for all the great recommendations everyone! Can't wait to start trying some of these out, face masks are so great especially coming into winter
nelliebelle
113 posts
Like many of the other girls have mentioned, Skinfood Mud Masque is great. I use it once or twice a week and it really halps to remove excess oil and reduce breakouts.
Elena I can never find it in supermarket either! It must be too popular :)
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I love lush mask's, they're affordable and leave your skin glowingly beautiful
Kia
550 posts
Have you heard of the Freeman's mask range? They retail between $10-$25 depending on where you go and they have over 15 different mask all suited to help different types of skin. You can even purchase a sample/one go kind of thing which you can use to see which one you prefer or best suits you and they retail at $3. They are very good value for money and I swear by them!
xjayloux
900 posts
Montagne Jennesse do some really good ones and they are super cheap single use sachets. My go to though is the Nu Skin Epoch mud masque.. Its insanely good. It sorts out my pores and break outs! 
brushandbullet
395 posts
I'll second the Freeman sachets! Really good value -- I get maybe 4-5 applications out of it, so have a container handy to put the excess in. Haven't tried the Montagne Jennesse ones but they're at a similar price point and look really good as well. The photos on the packaging are hilarious!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I love the Queen Helene English Clay Mud mask, feels really good and has helped my skin improve.  I also have been trialling some very interesting masks from Memebox and RoseRoseShop, one of them was a snail one.  Felt really good and had ginseng in it :-)
Chaotic82
522 posts
May or may not being getting a little mask obsession - were is the Nu Skin Epoch mud masque one from xjayloux??
chikoboo
3402 posts
Sarah seeing you roseroseshop haul photo earlier made me decide that my final splurge before June will have to be from here - all the masks!!! and so cheap plus the samples - heaven!!!

tannygirl
3392 posts
  I've only used a few mud masques so far. I loved the Moreish Clay Masque but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere due to the company closing.
   I used to use Nu Skin Epoch Marine Mud Masque and honestly that tube used weekly lasted a me a year, the lovely thing about that one is it's at least 25% marine mud.
   The one I'm currently using up is Tailor Masque and the thing I like about it is that if you're allergic to a number of ingredients this masque has only six ingredients the main one being bentonite clay.

If you like honey in a face masque and are looking for something budget friendly Oxygen does a honey based one that comes in a 200ml pump for under $40 if you know where to buy it. I haven't tried it but it's on my list of stuff since I like the price.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!