Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eczema dermatitis sensitive skin ppl help!

16 posts, 14 members
zzznicky
8 posts
Hiya I have sensitive/dry skin which has recently gone completely crazy! Red, blotchy and super scaly, yuck. The pharmasist reckons its dermatitis or eczema and gave me some egoderm cream which seems to be helping (but man it stinks!) But for daily use I was hoping to get some recxommendations of natural paraben, sulfate free moisturisers for this skin type with an spf?? I cant use anything with fragrance or alcohol in it ???? also if you have this skin type/problem which foundation works for you? Thanks in advance, I really need some feedback - google aint helping! ????
mallomiss
569 posts
A freind of mine is a Mary Kay consultant, she had terrible Eczema around her eyes & that's now cleared from using one of the MK ranges... This is how she became a consultant lol - a friend of hers got her onto the range for her Facial care & she loved it so much (and it's effective) that she had to start spreading the joy! 
Might be worth checking out.... 
MrsO
196 posts
You might want to try Evening Primrose capsules, I have found this helps with skin flare-ups.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
You might like to check out the Living Nature Sensitive Skin range, you might find that's what you are looking for and you can try their products before you buy by paying for postage of their samples. Hope that helps.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Definitely living nature is worth a go. But you may need medication as well to fix the problem permanently. Best of luck.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hi there. You sound like me before I found BR.
I started taken silberhorn collagen and that helped with dryness. Have a extra glass of water during the day.

Now for moisturiser Oasis is the best! I say this as its kind to skin and not over priced.
Trilogy is working really well for me as well.

The doctor gave me a cream that gets made up special formula and I was adding rosehip oil to it. I found a brand temple tonic and she makes up a body oil. It sound weird but it's chocolate and vanilla and all natural. Handmade. I throw this in the cream and my skin is amazing now.

Have a look at my reviews and scroll down to skincare type things and hopefully there maybe something in there that can help. The skin food sensitive range is really good. I'm using the 2 moisturisers at the moment
MareeB
5239 posts
I've been using evening primrose every night (x4 initially, now x3) for the past two years and my skin has improved heaps from being extremely dry to being normal/dry now.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Hi, there is a natural cream out called Hopes Relief which was made by a naturopath for her young daughter who have horrid issues with her skin. The cream can be used 2-3 times a day for dryness and itchiness and there is also a lotion. There is shampoo and conditioner and a soap in the range as well. I have sold it to many, many people especially with children and have great results and positive feed back. You can probably get it at your pharmacy. 
_Nicole_
124 posts
I get dermatitis on my hands and boy does it get painful at times, cracked sore itchy fingers are not enjoyable. The only think that i have found that helps is cream from the doctor/ chemist but its a steriod cream so i cant use it all the time only for a couple of days at a time but normally its gone with in 2-3 aplications
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Nicole, I get a patch or dermatitis on my little finger if I don't wear gloves when cleaning. I recently tried the Body Shops hemp hand cream for the first time. It calmed the dermatitis down over night and completely cleared it in a couple of days. 
Macs
5351 posts
Really soozie. I been wanting to try that handcream. My hands are so neglected.
zzznicky
8 posts
Thank you so much ladies for your help! Can anyone also reccommend a foundation for super dry skin also? Tia xxxx
chikoboo
3402 posts
zzznicky the best advice for foundation for those with super dry skin is to avoid foundation.  Sounds silly but you will be better off with a tinted moisturiser or BB cream that lots hydrating properties in it where foundation doesn't.   There is a clever creation called CoverFX custom drops that you can get from America (haven't seen it advertised here as yet) that is pure colour pigments and what you do is take your normal moisturiser and add a drop for light to meduim, 2 for meduim or 3 for full coverage onto the back of your hand and mix together then apply as a foundation.  This then turns the moisturiser into a foundation essentially.  I have been using them for a while now and they are awesome, they are also good for colour altering a foundation that you might have in the wrong shade, or to add some more coverage power to a BB cream. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Also if you have your mind set on a foundation, you can make it more comfortable to wear on super dry skin by putting a hydrating primer on underneath that creates a barrier against the drying effect of the founation and your skin =)
MckieMoon
24 posts
I completly feel your pain!

Suddenly when I hit my 20's I started getting Seborrheic Dermatitus around my eyes and mouth in the change of season for a few weeks! D:

After a long loooong time of trial and error heres my four tips!

1. Go to the doctor! I know its annoying and expensive but ask for a 1% hydrocortisone cream.
They come in enormous tubes that last ages so you wont have to go back for a long time (mines lasted years). Apply a small amount to your problem areas morning and night and it will start healing moisturing and reducing redness. It should be pretty instant the relief and effect however don't use for more than a week as it does thin the skin (not that I've ever needed to use for more than a week as it works! lol)

2. Using warm water and a wash cloth use small gentle circular motions over the problem areas at night and in the morning to remove and loose or dry skin (honeslty such an important step!)

3. Buy some Head and Shoulders Shampoo!
I know it sounds silly but it honeslty works! Theres lots of feedback on this out there if you google it.
When washing your hair (I do when im leaving my conditioner in for awhile) put a small amount of the H&S on your fingertips and make sudsy with some water.
Gently rub onto problem areas (like you would a cleanser) and leave for awhile and then wash out. It can sometimes dry the skin out but with your Hydro cream it should be fine.The key thing with this is to continue even once your skin has cleared as it helps keep it away!!

4. Sensitive Skin Moisturiser.
I use Olay sensitive skin for everyday use however when it flares up the worst thing you can do is put it over the top. Just use the Hydro cream to moisturise and the rest of the time use the sensitive stuff.

In regards to foundation for over the top of the dermatitus, I'm sad to say whatever you pick will be disaterous.
As somebody who ALWAYS does full coverage foundation i found this hard to handle, but honeslty it makes it so much worse and take soooo much longer to heal if youre covering it with makeup. 
Just use a light makeup and concealer on the rest of the face and leave the problem areas and even though its a few days with obvious red/dry spots , its better than weeks/months with it semi being covered (because it dries out quickly under any makeup unfortunately!)
Your description is totally me!!! I have found that skinfood nourishing moisturiser is really good! A recent love of mine I found is 'Saving face', a serum bar from Ethique (formerly Sorbet) was so amazing on my skin! Super moisturising and no irritation or inflammation what so ever. I also use Garnier micellar water as a cleanser after I shower.
Foundation wise, I have been using the Rimmel lasting finish 25hr one and Revlon colour stay for normal/dry skin.
Not in regard to skin care, I found that drinking more water and totally cutting out dairy from my diet significanty improved my eczema! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!