Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

do you have to use the face wash that is the same as your skin type?

5 posts, 5 members
sheri_will
6 posts
so, my question is...do you have to use the same face wash as your skin type.  for example, i have fairly normal skin...do i have to use normal face wash or can i use the acne scrubs or dry skin washes or whatever? OR is it just try whatever till you find what you like?
trudijoy
8375 posts
those are pretty general - they're more LIKELY to work if they're 'matched' but trial and error is best.

Oily skin can prefer oil cleansers, for example. Mines gone from oily to normal since I started using those (and also since i've grown a little older).

Start with something that 'matches' your skin type and then reflect on what you don't/do like about it, and when you choose your next one you'll be making an educated choice on what you want.

Samples are good too! Lush are great for samples, and Ethique have sample packs you can order based on skin type for about $20. i LOVE their 'In Your Face' cleanser and 'Ginger Snap' scrub
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Trial and error for sure.

I agree with Trudi. For myself I find skin care that suits my skin type targets the issues my skin has best :) I've used a skincare product that didn't match my skin type and it actually dried my skin out, I found out I had caused my skin another unnecessary problem :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
    No, you can go for whatever you like and whatever work for you. Of course if you have really sensitive or dry skin then cleansers geared more towards your skin type are better choices just because they have fewer irritants or ingredients that remove oil and make your skin dryer. 

But even then if you really want a deep cleanse or to use a scrub that is more geared towards combination skin or oily skin or perhaps the cleanser has skincare acids in it, you would just maybe use it once or twice a week and then stick with oil cleansers or gentler cleansers for majority of the time. 
Macs
5351 posts
Normally I adjust my skincare to what's happening with my skin at the time. At the moment my skins ageing . I use anti ageing serums , lifting masks, anti ageing creams. 

I get dry skin as well and normally turn to rosehip
oil based products.

I hope you find what works for your skin.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!