Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Dark under eye circles

25 posts, 21 members
Hannahmay
12 posts
Hi lovely ladies!!!
Would love to know if any of you have any suggestions for the dreaded under eye circles! I have quite bad ones and they are genetic :( I'm still to find a great under eye cream and also concealer to help me battle these tired eyes! 
Look forward to everyones feedback!! 

Yep I know how you feel! Its one thing that really bugs me when i look in the mirror. I would definitely be interested in hearing some advice on products that actually work. Even just an amazing concealer I would be happy with, nothing seems to work & I have tried sooo many concealers. I'm about to become a mum so I know they will be getting worse due to lack of sleep. Looking forward to your comments :)
lucygollogly
14 posts
Hi ladies (: 
A mistake you may be making with your concealers. If you are a yellow based skin tone, ALWAYS go for a pinkish/salmon based concealer for under the eyes, rather than one that matches your skin tone. This is because the pink counteracts the dark coloured circles, covering them better. You can read more about colour correcting concealers here: 

http://makeupandbeauty.com/corrective-color-concealers-and-how-to-use-them/

another product that has worked wonders for me is the Garnier Caffiene Eye roll on. You can usually pick this up from your local chemist. Hope this helps x

ohlovelynicole
191 posts
I don't have very noticable dark undereyes but it still bugs me when I see them, even though others mightn't. I think I'll try out that undereye roll on, I've heard it's really cooling but I didn't think that it would help out that much.  
Angell
182 posts
The Trilogy eye cream works for the circles under the eyes and an old remedy....RAISINS. Eat a handful or two of raisins every day for a few days and it helps :)
Nishu
374 posts
I am dying to know some good eye creams for dark circles. I don't have severe but my partner does. They are genetic. While we ladies have the luxury of using concealors.. the guys don't. I would really like to know a product that actually works! Cheers ladies..keep 'em coming!

P.S. the olay 7-in-1 total effects eye cream is good. It helps a wee bit so if you don't have severe one's, try that.. I might be best for you. Its available at Countdown!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Something you may wish to consider is that dark under eye circles can be a sign of food sensitivities/allergies :)
beautyandlouise
102 posts
Benefit It's Potent Eyecream has helped me alot with my darkness under my eyes aswell as fine lines. Loves it! <3 www.benefitcosmetics.com
LisaE5
447 posts
I have under eye redness and it can be a problem. My makeup routine seems to magically make them disappear. I use Lioele beyond the solution BB cream along with ELF cover stick (concealer) and it works wonders. Hope you find something that works for you :D
Hannahmay
12 posts
Wow thanks for all the responses ladies!!! Will def be giving some of these a go! And interested to try the raisen one!!! Lol! 
ingie83
5 posts
I suffer from these will trying the raisin trick first! Thanks guys.
Nishu
374 posts
I am gonna try raisins. Good tip :) I'd be looking at Benefit;s eye cream as well
I started using Lucas Paw Paw ointment under my eyes because I had dark circles and the skin was very dry making it difficult to use concealer to cover them. It's taken away the dryness and I'm sure they aren't as dark anymore!!
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
Oh that's interesting with the Lucas Paw Paw! I love my tube, it's perfect for dry elbows etc. I never knew that it would lighten your under eye circles though. 
I know, it sounds crazy but I'm sure it's helping!!
skingeek
537 posts
I myself, suffer fomr the dreaded, genetic panda eye. Usually it's cuased from your skin's natural melanin, some of us have more under our eyes, or often it's capllary leakage under the eye. To combat this, use a treatment that helps target and strenghen the capillaries. You can't get rid of it, but using the right products can help! Murad's hybrif eye lift illuminator and eye lift perfector help with this, as does the renewing eye cream. That's what i've been using as it had improved. 
Also anything containg caffiene will help, as if it's less genetic and more about skin condition, you may have some sluggish lymph drainage. If I am over tired or have eaten badly, it gets worse. Try doing some massage movements out towards your perotid lymph nodes (they're at your temple) to encourage drainage and caffience, antoixidants will help detox, as will a good old fashioned detox diet for a week.
Macs
5351 posts
I've dug up an old thread. I just wanted to see if anyone had any new tricks to hiding dark circles. Im getting them quite a bit.
-Bex-
611 posts
I've been using the soultime serum I got from the vault and I swear it has made my bogan black under eye circles less noticeable more of a light grey and it hasn't even been a week. It might be also that I massage that area a lot though more with the serum 
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
It sounds silly but cucumbers on your eyes a few times a week can really help to minimise the darkness depending on the cause of the dark circles
idomakeupnz
150 posts
Vitamin E and Rose Hip oil worked for me but I had to stop using it as it gave me milia, if you can easily use oils on your skin then I think it'd be great for you as I really did see a big difference in my under eye circles when using this combo.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Macs have you ever tried 100% Pure Coffeebean Caffeine Eyecream?  I use it every morning and it's done wonders for my dark circles (and wrinkles lol).  I got mine from OhNatural, it's quite expensive, but i've had mine for nearly a year and it's only just over half used.
maggiesa
1 posts
I personally loves the waythis makes my skin feel...Deramalmd's serum has nice smell which i really loved it..I use this daily before applying my makeup.this serum is very gentle and there has been absolutely no side effects.My dark circles got lighten within a week.wow............
coooool...
rrachh
2 posts
I'm digging up an old post here, but I really struggle with this too. I'be tried a few cheaper options for under-eye cream but nothing's really worked for me. Loving some of the suggestions here though. It's probably worth me splashing out a bit and investing in a product that's more likely going to work. Will also give the cucmbers a go!!
rajib
8 posts
Try to always wear sunscreen and choose a batter makeup remover. Maybe you can get better result. 
That's funny I was going to post the same question, I went out last night and didn't matter what I did I couldn't cover them I just about cried no one nothiced but I took all my eye make up off because I thought it was drawing attention to my eyes which was making them more noticeable even though everyone was saying my makeup looked fine. Didn't feel that way to me all I could see was bags

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!