Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Can anyone recommend a good light moisturiser that foundation sits well on?

12 posts, 10 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have been using Skinfoods nourishing moisturiser for a few months but now in this hot weather it is making my face so sticky and my foundation feels soooooooo tacky it's really gross....can anyone recommend something light but also good for dry skin?  I also have the sukin for sensitive skin and that seems to be doing the same thing.  So I have been skipping the moisturiser before applying my foundation for the past week but my skin doesn't handle that well.....ahhhhhhhhhh!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I bet noone will be suprised at what I reccomend which is Oasis Apple a day. Great for dry skin and sensetive skin. It absorbs so fast, and fits into my makeup routine without affecting other products that I use
Macs
5351 posts
I really enjoyed snowberry was super light and Goodness seemed hydrating for me. I would like to try Sukin, Essano and Moreish.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Will have a look at some of those, thanks ladies, I have heard good things about Oasis but the apple a day is out of stock at the moment and they don't sell it anywhere here.  Never heard of snowberry before....goodness is definatley one that I want to try too, I saw they have 2 for $30 this week at Countdown.
Sylvia
149 posts
I'd definitely recommend the Goodness one also, it's hydrating but I haven't had any problems with it making my foundation greasy or sit weirdly, unlike with some other hydrating moisturisers :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
You could also just use a serum instead of a moisturiser as a lighter option. That what I tend to wear under bb cream as that doesn't really need a moisturiser underneath it. 
Rezee
1964 posts
The clinique even better skin one is super light and fast absorbing. I've recently used mine up and even though it wasn't made for my skin type it was still hydrating.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I used to like Cliniques dramatically different moisturising gel when I lived in a hot and extremely humid climate. 
pintsize
1072 posts
I recomend Snowberry as well but it depends on what you are wanting to spend too.
Their Starbright one retails around $52 but I get mine when I have Farmers rewards voucher to spend.  If you order direct from Snowberry site then you can request some samples of their range.
Dermalogica Active Moist is gorgeous.  Money well spent and a small amount goes a long way.  I love Oxygen's Ultimate Botanical Serum as well.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'm using Mossop's Natruél Age Replenishing Day Lotion as my moisturiser at the moment and I find that is light and foundation sits well on it. But the moisturiser does need to set first. I give it 20mins, then apply primer, set that for 5 mins, then apply foundation give that another 10 to 20 mins then use a setting powder on top and that stays on all day and feels very soft and dry. And sometimes I use a BB cream instead of foundation in summer if I want something lighter.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oasis apple a day & Trilogy age brightener effect moisterizer

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!