Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Caci Microdermabrasion offer

24 posts, 10 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hey ladies, just wanted to give you a headsup.

I got an email from Healthy Food Guide. A Caci microdermabrasion and consultation for $50 which is half price.

It was a HFG advertising campain. I'm not sure but if you call Caci and mention the special you might be able to book one too maybe.

I hope that's helpful. This will be my second one. Has anyone else tried it?
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Also the peel treatment came up in conversation on here a little while back. I am watching this and it's quite fascinating.

What to expect when receiving a chemical peel

Would you do it?
MareeB
5244 posts
That was a very interesting clip thanks Amandajane. I'd give it a go, although the thought of the peeling during the follow week is a little daunting! we don't have a caci clinic anywhere near where I live, but this is the kind of treatment I'd consider for when I have a week off work and am staying around home.
Koni
444 posts
I was very fortunate to trial a microdermabrasion facial at Caci CBD courtesy of BR (thank you so much). I really enjoyed it and felt like it gave my skin renewed life.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Thanks for that, I'm really tempted for it be should resist.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
No problem Maree - I just wish there was a natural alternative. The week after could definitely be something to consider though, I don't think I'd want to leave the house lol

Koni - That's a fantastic location isn't it. I've been there too. The problem was the parking though, it cost $28 for less than an hour in the nearest car park.

ragingfrog - I'm really tempted too but I just don't think I could go through with it, my pain barrier is pretty low.

Macs
5351 posts
What was it like? I've been curious about their services. Especially their skin peel and skin treatments
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Macs, it is very professional and clean, no different to any other beautician's should be. They do have some that services that have very specific training for their staffers eg botox, laser. The clinician told me all that was happening with the process before even touching my skin with acid and let me know what I had to do to after it was complete for the next few days.

AmandaJane do you have any vinegar at home, preferably apple cider vinegar or lemon juice? You could use straight or dilute the vinegar/juice with a little water. Put some on a cotton ball or pad and swipe it on you face like you are putting on a mask avoiding the eyes and mouth, wait x minutes and wash off. The wait period is up to you and you might get a little pink glow and tingling like they say in the video.  That is an acid peel. They just use a different acid that's all.

Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for sharing your experience with me raginingfrog.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
No worries, if there is anything to enjoy like a trip to the beautician I am there even if waxing is involved.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I thought they were very organised and clean too.

The actual experience of the microdermabrasion was interesting and not scary. They demonstrate what it will feel like on the back of your hand and I noticed she started on my forehead between my eyes where I have a couple of wrinkles already formed.

I really mined the beautician for information about skincare too. It's great to have some advice from a professional and she didn't seem to mind answering my questions.

I must say I think $100 is quite pricy for the treatment but you can get it done elsewhere for less. My local salon does them for $75 so a 1/4 saving would be handy and give me some money to put toward another product.

I presume it's the same in all Caci clinics but they give you a perscription for skincare products and treatments.

In my case it was Murad products and they had a fair few of them on display too but I didn't get a chance to handle any which I would have liked to have done.

If you do go I would recommend taking advantage of the advice/feedback and making the most of the 30 min treatment. The first appointment takes longer as they explain about the machine and the process too. :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've had microdermabrasion a couple of times now and it was awesome for my skin! It did make me break out for a wee bit after but that is just because the pimples that were forming under my skin got to the top layer of skin quicker. I loved it for in between seasons as that is when my skin plays up the most.
If only there was a Caci clinic in Dunedin and I would be onto this!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I must admit that I'm looking forward to my appointment on Weds and I did find it made a difference. I wish I could have one a week for a month or so to see the positive benefits.

What a shame they don't have a clinic in Dunedin though, half price is a fab deal isn't it. I wouldn't be able to afford it if it were full price again.
Koni
444 posts
I agree with you AmandaJane $100 is pricey.  The session takes no longer than half an hour and the microderabrasion part is 5-7 minutes.  I thoroughly enjoyed the skin consultation and I walked away with invaluable information that I felt I can't get off the net because it's clearly catered to the individual.  So if we book in for another session I don't think I'll need another skin consultation (if I'm with the same people) so I'll feel the full effect of forking over $100 for a half hour facial treatment.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I might ask for a glycolic peel as well today. Kind of nervous again now. If I do do the peel I'll take a before and after photo :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I just rung them. I'm going to do have the peel for an extra $25. Wish me luck! :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Good luck! Take before and after photos :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thanks, I will :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Good luck! I'm excited to hear how it all goes :) I was tempted to take up the $50 offer but to be completely honest, I'm scared of it hurting lol. That's awesome that you get a glycolic peel for an extra $25 too! I'm booked in for an AHA facial next week and am super excited for the glycolic acid hit. I get facials with them as freebies but I just had a look at how much it costs - $85 for a facial?! And that's the cheapest one. Hot damn. No sir would I pay that.

They always promote Murad as the skincare brand you should use, as they work closely with them, and I'm sure it works well for some people, but the free pack of skincare I got from them last year did nothing for me so I just stick with my good ol Paulas Choice!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Surprisingly it didn't hurt at all. I was fine with the microdermabrasion because I had that one a month or so ago but was nervous about the peel. Apparently it helps the microdermabrasion work better so I'm glad I had it done. 

My skin feels fine although a little more tingly than the first time, I presume that's the peel in action.

I took some before and after photos and will post them on the photowall once I've had a chance to go through them.

She tempted me with the Reformaskin offer they do but no, can't afford it but if I could I would. It's a great deal!

I asked her about my acne scarring and she said it's definitely superficial and 5 collagen induction dermaroll treatments would have it looking great. At $500 a pop when you pay for those alone that ain't going to happen any time soon lol :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Missed this post originally but just read up to speed.  I'm terrified of that word for some reason like they are going to use tiny electric sanders on my face "microdermabrasion" sends shivers hehehe.   Look forward to see what your before and after photos look like AmandaJane and $500 a pop for collegan to remove scarring woooo! that is expensive wonder if using those masks that are collegan enriched would do similar???
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hmm can't get this tablet to work. Its all good Chikoboo, no pain at all :) the peel didn't hurt but I expected it to. The Living Nature products were great afterwards too, no issues.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
If this wasn't at Caci I may have taken up the offer, haven't had great experiences with them unfortunately.  I really hope you lovelies that take up this offer have great customer service.  Would love to hear what you thought xx
AmandaJane
1147 posts
From going to two different Caci clinics now I think the customer service can be very different.

The city experience was much nicer than the one I went to yesterday in a lot of ways to be honest. I presume they are franchises and set their own goals regarding customer service.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!