Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bumpy Skin and Milia on One Side of the Face

10 posts, 6 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have been taking really good care of my skin lately. But I'm a bit puzzled by all the bumps my skin is getting and pretty much all on the left side of my face. The bumps are those ones that aren't pimples but like raised dots of skin (I guess it's the best way to describe them) and a couple milia. I've been on the ball with mud masking and peels and moisturizing treatments over the last couple of months and I haven't had very many big pimples thanks to that. But it seems odd that all these little bumps that I can't get rid of are on one side of my face and not the other. The right side of my face has the same problems as the left side but minus the bumps and milia. Has anyone had this before? Did you manage to make them go away? How?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
What you've described happens to me if I use a moisturiser that is too rich for my skin type.  I have oily skin and sometimes, if I use a moisturiser or night cream that is suitable for all skin types or mature skin, I get those bumps. 

Have you started using any new products recently, that may have caused this? 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Do you sleep on your left side? That's the only explanation I can think of for them just being on one side of hour face. Those bumps you describe sound like closed comedones which are really hard to get rid of. I noticed them post acne and got my dermatologist to remove some of them. It was painful and not that successful. I've found they have lessened over time by using glycolic masks and toners. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Silvene, I haven't really used new products but I am going through more of what I currently have open already trying to pan things off. Most nights I use a sleeping mask but it's the same two Asian ones that I've had for a long time thanks to the decent sized tubes.

Soozie, actually I do  consistently sleep on my left side every night. I have been trying to use some sort of peel twice a week before following that up with a clay or mud mask.  Did the comodones go away with repeated use of peels and glycolic toners? Is there any products in particular that you recommend?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hmmm, sleeping masks can be quite heavy and can sit on the skin. Maybe that combined with sleeping on one side of your face isn't allowing your skin to 'breathe'. My dermatologist did say they are very difficult to get rid of. They have improved but we are talking over the course of a couple of years, not weeks or months. So whether this is just the skin rebalancing over time or the products I'm not sure. I mix my skin care up all the time but I love Ren's glycolactic mask (which I have reviewed) and Pixi glow tonic. Cult Beauty in the U.K. are a good place to order both from. Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix is a great option which is a bit more budget friendly. I don't know how say it is to get from NZ though - I got mine for next to nothing in the States. Stridex pads from iherb might be an option for you too. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
 I had a 25% glycolic treatment that I was supposed to use every other night and then take a week off and then repeat it's John Plunkett so don't know if I can get it here. I stopped because I got hayfever for months and my nose was really raw so I stopped using it. Now that hayfever season is over I resumed using it once a week but I rinse it off after half and hour and move on to a clay mask. I also use Michael Todd's Wild Berry peel once a week, which has salicyc acid and follow up with a mud or clay mask. Since I bought both those peels second hand a while ago I'm trying to pan those off. 
  I noticed Corsx has some good stuff too. I'm wondering if those would be a good option. The bottles are pretty sizeable for the price.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've recently noticed the same bumps and after using a exfoliating scrub (as I was using a foaming cleansing gel, which is my exfoliant but not a scrub) the dots,raised skin has gone. I had these some time ago as my skin care routine didn't include a exfoliation & I had been wearing makeup almost daily. So I put it down to being build up of dirt & make up that hasn't been removed with cleansing ,toning and masking. I had also seen a review on Chickoboos YT channel a year or two ago where she mentioned the same thing & a product that had removed it. I think it was the calrisonic & something else but I couldn't specifically say what the other product was.
When first being presented with this skin condition I did use a scrub exfoliating product combined with the play brush. Today or this week though the build was removed by a moderate exfoliating scrub.which I'll be reviewing pretty soon.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Since the ladies have more in depth knowledge, hopefully taking their advice on board can help you rid you of your problems. I've been using glycolic acid cleanser & toner, which have been quite good for my skin. The exfoliating scrub has sysclic acid ( I don't think I like ). Topping off with a good vitamin c collagen serum, an aha cream for daytime and night time a serum gel type with a light night cream. I've cut down on my masks for no reason in particular, other then being forgetful. Good luck Tannygirl
Imoshen
461 posts
Best thing I did that got rid of the bumps, Retin A.  

Another thing you could look at it is AHA.  My Mum has been struggling with some large bits of milia but will she follow my suggestions?  Nah.  Got her some Cosrx stuff and after a couple of uses of their AHA they started going down.  She had tried the BHA but had no luck with it.
Macs
5351 posts
I have these same bumps on my skin. Im not really sure how to tackle them. I have been thorough with my skincare but not my face masks Im forgetting to do it weekly. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!