Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best place for a microdermabrasion that doesnt cost the earth!

6 posts, 6 members
jasz74
15 posts
Hi Ladies

Im keen to try this. Ive heard caci are good but they cost a small fortune and Im sure there must be clinics out there just as good but 1/3 to half the price cheaper.

I see those online deals all the time and wonder if those clinics would be any good.

Im in auckland. Live out west and work in parnell.

Which clinics have you tried or regularly go to for this proceedure?

Thanks
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
It is really expensive, but with a procedure like this I would err on the side of caution and go with a reputable clinic, even if it is more expensive. After seeing photos of microdermabrasion-gone-wrong I definitely wouldn't want to bargain hunt! But I don't live in Auckland, so who knows, maybe there is a cheaper reputable clinic up there :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Make sure to check out the salon reviews on here as well hun (under reviews to the right).

I've had microdermabrasion a few times and loved it, although now I'm more into chemical exfoliants. But I used a few grabone deals, unfortunately I'm not in Auckland to give you advice!
Koni
444 posts
I get this treatment done at Caci - High Street CBD.  I agree it's a small fortune but I do make the most of it by asking a bajillion questions about my skin every session because the actual 'microdermabrasion' part is only a few minutes and the rest is the facial.  I get the treatment done every second month or when the budget allows (and my lunch normally dictates this haha).

I've seen several online deals for this treatment in Auckland and if there isn't a salon review available on BR then I hop on the relevant website to read testimonials.  So far none have really convinced me particularly because it's the face and that's not an easy thing to conceal if something goes wrong.  I really hope you find a place that works for you and would be great to hear what you discover!!

Ringy
825 posts
I'd say do your research on the deals on offer, sometimes they are for the benefit of the operator to gain experience rather than your benefit, or they are trying to drum up business so therefore may not have a thriving microdermabrasion clientele happening which may be because they aren't any good- who knows but if they were really good they'd be too flat out to offer extreme discounts to get more people in?! You definitely don't want broken capillaries all over your face from inexperience. 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Renew Beauty in Te Atatu South. $75 rather than $100 so there's a 1/4 savings there. I've had two microdermabrasions from them and it's been all good :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!