Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

14 posts, 8 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
A little while ago there was an article on BR about scalp scrubs ... Has anyone used one? Who knows where to get them from? My hubby is keen to try one, so I just need to find one somewhere ... He'll test it, I'll type up his review :)
Julieal
915 posts
I have not heard of this howeveer also would be interested.
JessB
219 posts
I've found this one on iHerb Silvene by Palmers. Have not tried one yet though I like the sound of them.. Also found this reviewed Garnier scalp scrub/dandruff product on BR.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks for the suggestions, JessB, but I'm looking for something that I can buy locally.  I wouldn't buy the Garnier one, as it contains microbeads (unless Garnier have changed the formula since these were banned in NZ?).  I'll keep an eye out for the Palmer's shampoo though. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I just had another look at the tube in the BR article that I mentioned in my first post, and I see that it's a scalp & body scrub ... It's got me thinking ... Maybe I should just make a homemade sugar scrub (with jojoba oil and tea tree oil) and get him to give that a try on his scalp? 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The Body Shop do one - I saw it advertised in their window the other day. (It's on their website but I can't link from my iPad)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thank you, Soozie. I'll look at their website.
JessB
219 posts
This Marie Claire article seems to be going down the same path of reasoning Silvene, so I guess a sugar scrub could work, my only question would be about effectively washing out all the sugar after scrubbing. So sugar scrub but not using too much of it at once? Making sure to rinse really well?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maybe use salt instead of sugar? I think that is one of the ingredients in some scalp scrubs. No good for coloured hair though. 
littleparadise
178 posts
I do, I do! I bought Rub, Rub, Rub from LUSH. Boy is it amazing, on the tub it says for body and hair/scalp. It's lovely and has totally replenished and renegerized my hair and scalp. It leaves it feeling clean, fresh and scrubs away gently! I would highly recommend it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Don't know if this would be helpful but I recently had some sort of buildup on my scalp and hair. I don't actually use a lot of styling products so I don't normally have that problem, but even after I washed my hair my scalp still felt flakey and like not everything had washed away. So I mixed a few tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of water and shaked it real good and used that to shampoo my hair rinsed it out. My hair felt really dried out but I followed that with a cup of apple cider vinegar in close to a litre of water and left that in while I showered. My hair felt smooth and conditioned. All the itching and flakiness with the buildup was gone and I didn't need to wash my hair for five days. 
  I would caution you though if you have sensitive skin, and access to a shower hose it's preferable to bend your head over and wash your hair that way as the stuff can make your skin and itchy particularly if you have long hair. 
chantmarks
15 posts
Thank you for this thread. I have dry scalp and dandruff problems for years. Hope I can find the solution from any of your suggestions.
Julieal
915 posts
Vinegar in last rinse is good for shine

MareeB
5241 posts
Yep, massaging a mix of cider vinegar and water inot your scalp before you get out the shower will get rid of dandruff.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!