Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Fake tan - help

15 posts, 12 members
Hi all!

I am after a new fake tan that has great colour, coverage and most of all a nice smell!

What is everyone's favourite brand? I am not really after an instant tanner, I want one that will last a few days - so gradual is fine.

thanks heaps :)
chloednz
217 posts
Following! I love the look of the sorbet bombshell self tan, which doesnt have a smell initially but it develops as the tan devlops. Would love something scent free but havent come across one yet
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm seriously the whitest person in Auckland by the end of summer and my faves are: 

- Sugarbaby Sunbelievable Mousse... smells divine and the finish is nice
- Ethique Bombshell - easy to apply and looks natural
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze - it's non-permanent (washes off within a few showers) but is a really nice sun-kissed glow that if you reapply every couple days ends up staying looking great

-  i used to love the Ambre Solaire face wipe style tanners but I haven't seen those for AGES
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
St tropez self tan lux dry oil is ah maaaaaazing. It softens your skin. I have sensitive skin and it's perfection. There are reviews on here as well
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooh that stuff sounds lovely Ong!! I think I saw it on Beautylish but it looked verrryy expensive haha. Will be following this thread as well, as my current options are just not cutting the mustard.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Sugar Baby Mousse is probably the best one I've tried. For a gradual tan Garnier was alright. Both of those smell nice. I found Dove useless and I would love to try St Tropaz. But I don't find any of them give me a great tan, just a little bit of colour.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
If you're looking for an overnight self-tanning product, I agree with Sugar Baby Sunbelievable Mousse.  It's easy to apply and see where you've applied the product, smells nice and gives good colour.  If you're after a gradual tanning lotion (one that builds up colour every day, over a few days) I quite like Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Body Lotion.  I find that it has a biscuity, butterscotch smell which my hubby just loves (not everyone likes this smell of this product).  

Tip: When using the Palmers Natural Bronze gradual tanning lotion, exfoliate first and then use it for 3-4 days in a row, to build up your tan.  To maintain the tan, only use the Natural Bronze gradual tanner every second night and use a normal body lotion on the nights inbetween.  This will stop the tan from developing a fake, unnatural-looking colour.
Ringy
825 posts
Well I'm looking like I have spent a year in Antarctica, I've heard the sugar baby one smells good but I'd also like to try the st tropez oil - I usually only use the dove gradual tan, might have to have to start getting myself summer ready!
Macs
5351 posts
I'd love to try some of these suggestions out as I've never tried tanning before.
Lutece
1849 posts
I agree with Farmers_wife, the St tropez luxe oil tanner is amazing! Quick to dry and you can use your hands to apply it without a mitt! Gives an even glowing tan and lasts for a week.
Ringy
825 posts
I can't find any reviews for the st tropez oil on here- I was seriously planning some fake tan practice this weekend and was looking to do some research- what am doing wrong?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'm surprisingly in to fake tan atm, usually I'm far too lazy. I use the St Tropez gel when I'm not wanting a wash off tan and I really like it. But I'm desperately needing to get my hands on that oil! Haven't seen it in store yet though!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Ringy it was definitely here as I had reviewed it. Gone through my reviews and it's gone :'( it's seriously amazing!
Ringy
825 posts
that's ok I guess there is no better way to know than just try it myself! Any excuse to shop.
MrsO
196 posts
The Loving Tan Bronzing Mousse I have heard leaves you with a very natural tan and doesn't have that horrible fake tan smell, just a light pleasant fragrance.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!