Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Body Scrub Bar Suggestions for Elbows and Knees

17 posts, 10 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   It's winter and I know I should be more faithful to exfoliate my body but in my defense the bathroom in my home is unheated and cold. I want to spend as little time as necessary in the shower and have the hot water running the whole time. I use a body scrub once week I should be using it at least twice but using a scrub means a longer shower and in an unheated bathroom I dread taking showers.
   As a result of being lazy with body exfoliation my elbows and knees are getting a bit flakey so I was thinking to get a body scrub bar and just have that handy in the shower to quickly scrub my knees and elbows every 2-3 days. Hey, it's quicker than opening a pot of scrub and less messy, as in the case with my coffee scrub. I would like something without any SLS or soap and something with finer granules that's concentrated but not sharp so I can buff the flakey bits off my elbows and knees. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of solid body scrub bars that you really liked? 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
You could try using an exfoliating soap, like this one
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lush Buffy or Scrubee. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm the same Tannygirl. I don't dilly dally in the bathroom - it's too cold! I don't use a lot of body scrubs but I got the St Ives exfoliating body wash in the vault and am keen to try that.
Have you tried gloves? I find them brilliant cause I can still exfoliate with any soap, bodywash or scrub I have at the time. Cheap and easy.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooooh you need Lush Scrubee - that is the bomb.  Exoliation, massage and cleaner all in one, it is heavenly and makes me feel super relaxed and I have a fantastic sleep every time I use it.  It has finally come to NZ and I have just stocked up lol.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I remember using those when I was younger but they seemed to be a bit too rough and my skin felt like it would get more callused because it was trying to protect itself. But I now I do remember I have a loofah from the Best of Summer Best Ever Beauty Box that I haven't used yet.
Julieal
915 posts
Lush Scrubee would be perfect and I find the same in the bathroom and out in winter -far too cold unless I am having a hot bath soak.
Macs
5351 posts
I have the Lush Rough with the Smooth sitting. I'll whip it out tonight and let you know what it's like. I'd love to get my hands on scrubee for a try.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I went into Lush today so I got the Scrubee. It was either that or the Buffy bar and the Scrubee just smelt more delicious like the Honey I Washed the Kids so I decided I'd try that first. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I hope you love it! I actually prefer Buffy lol 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Scrub BAR either Lush Buffy or Ethique Lime and Ginger.. I prefer not solid ones tho
Macs
5351 posts
I just tried Lush Rough with the Smooth last night. I really enjoyed it. There's heaps of applications left on it too. Didn't even make a dent .
tannygirl
3392 posts
Ethique has come up with a new scrub bar, Mochaccino this one has some coffee although it's not the main exfoliant. I wish they would make one where coffee is the main exfoliant and not pumice. I do really like coffee scrubs.
trudijoy
8375 posts
indoor tanning as a scrub replacement? yeah, nah.....
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lmfao Trudi that's what I thought when I read it this morning hahahahahaha. At least muppet spammers like that aren't copying and pasting their entire site
trudijoy
8375 posts
you know you're doing something wrong when you're looking for any chance to sell something to the wrong group haha. It would be like me going to a PE conference and trying to sell them our Languages programme....

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!