Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best body wash?

42 posts, 27 members
Nishu
374 posts
I'm not a body wash girl.. I'm a hardcore soap gal.. Dove girl.. What would be your recommendations for a reasonably priced yummy bodywash?
LisaE5
447 posts
I personally love Lush's Snowfairy, but it is rather expensive and only avaliable around Christmas time :(
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
Health basic's did a really nice milk & honey scented body wash that smelt amazing (I'm not sure if they still make it) or palmolive / lux body washes are cheap and smell pretty good too!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I personally love the Weleda body washes. I'm currently using the citrus one and it is soooo yummy!!
LisaE5
447 posts
Oh yes the Health Basics ones are pretty good. I loved their Kiwifruit one but they discontinued it :(
xjayloux
900 posts
I dont use anything soap based, but the only one ive ever used that hasnt given me dry skin or made me itchy, is nu skin body wash. It smells amazing too.
Nishu
374 posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I really want to try one soon...

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
Mama-c
11 posts
my fave bodywashes are from The Body Shop, Satsuma and White Musk, generally though i go for more natural hand made soaps, though at the moment i have a Lush bodywash which is just gorgeous
Marcel
335 posts
If you haven't tried St Ives yet? I would definitely recommend, it gives you a really deep clean and it's affordable at around $7-9 dollars for a 400ml bottle. There's a lot of really positive reviews on here about it..
RachLouise
218 posts
I use Lux Magical Spell. Im hooked, it smells amazing! and does the job. Its abit pricey sometimes (depends where you go) I just wait untill its on special.
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Yum love the lux washes too! 
emzor
143 posts
The best body wash I have found and is my new favourite!! Is the Original Source range from Countdown.  They smell amazing and the scent lasts for ages on your skin too.  They also make a pretty good bubble bath!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I really like Moreish Body Wash so sad the company's closing. I used to use Organic Care but can't find it anywhere. If I had to go for a supermarket brand I would choose Aveeno or Dove. Dove makes my skin so soft and smells amazing and Aveeno nice and gentle. Johnson's Body Wash Dreamy skin is really nice for bedtime showers as the scent is nice and calming.
KrystleF
158 posts
Body Wash fom The Body Shop is the best. Its soap free and leaves my skin so nourished I dont need to moisturise after. My current favourite is the Honeymania one, such a gorgeous scent.
rajib
8 posts
Personally, I taken Champneys Spa Indulgence Skin Comforting Bath Milk for my dry skin.
Julieal
915 posts
I love Ecoya -It make you feel really pampered -awesome scent and a little goes a long way.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I only use body wash/shower gels. The one I love the most out all I've tried (of course has to be exspensive) nonetheless performs well, is multipurpose & that's the Loccataine Almond oil shower gel. It's great for dry& oily skin very nourishing,cleans your body & is great if you shave as it gets your skin prepped for hair removal & prevents ingrown's. At $45rrp for 250ml is quite pricey but I think it's worth it especially if it's only you using it(as is in my case)
trudijoy
8375 posts
my faves would have to be the Sephora ones - love the little one use pods especially, along with The Body Shop (esp mango/pink grapefruit/raspberry), Lush Comforter, and Health Basics Ruby Bay Sunset
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have to second health basics! I'm using West Coast Wild Flower, holy heckaroonie its delicious! I find it doesn't dry my skin out, is usually quite affordable but I don't like the bottle design!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shaz it's a bit weird being so square hey! I'd prefer to actually see them in pump bottles myself, easiest way to use the bigger sizes.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't recommend trying to smell them in store either, they have one of those weird coverings over the gel and well lets just say I've had a lot of shower gel in my nose recently
trudijoy
8375 posts
been there haha it's meant to stop leaks but really just means you have to push way too hard to be able to smell it......
shazatron101
5112 posts
haha yeah Trudi! I don't like it at all. I'd prefer just a normal squeezy one personally :P with no covering! lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
i can see the need for them with the flimsy ca and upside down design, but yeah i think a total redesign is their best bet lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I seem to love the palmolive ones. Milk and honey is my go to. They are cheap but they smell devine and never dry my skin out.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
People looked at me funny in the supermarket when I go cap cracking but it's probably the funny faces that I make when having a sniff and getting a less appealing one. The last one I found this was the Palmolive passionfruit exfoliating one.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I go cap cracking for memories with some bodywashes. The Dove Green Tea and Cucumber bodywash reminds me of back when I was younger and living overseas, I had finally gotten my own bedroom and bathroom and I splurged on a giant bottle of this bodywash. The Palmolive Anti-Stress shower gel, the purple one, reminds me of when I was even younger and that was my special scented shower gel for special occasions when I was going out and wanted to smell extra good. 
Macs
5351 posts
My favourites are Lush Lord of Misrule, Comforter, Yummy Mummy,Twilight and Comforter.

Im curious about the Bath and Body Works ones and Bonbon ones because I havent tried their new lines.
JessB
219 posts
Health Basics is my go to for everyday showering and for buying for the household - Te Mata Apple is a flavour which my fiance likes as well even though it's sweet smelling, which is a plus. For pampering I really love either Happy Hippy or Snow Fairy from Lush - complete opposites, I know! But the Snow Fairy is for if I feel like having a happy, warm, deliciously sweet hug of a shower, and Happy Hippy is zingy and fresh and envigoratingly yummy. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
My kids all love Snow fairy & Clean on me by Soap & Glory. I do too but I buy for their bathroom Lush when it's out a 500ml & regularly get the largest size 800ml from Health Basics the scentire changes with the season or sometimes Palmolive. If I fee like spoiling I'll buy then the Clean on Me too
tannygirl
3392 posts
I actually default on a daily basis to Sabun soap because of how gentle it is on my skin for the first time in my life I'm coming out of the shower without red itchy blotches. I recently also found Scully's glycerine soap to be really nice and I can use it more than once a week because it doesn't make my skin as blotchy. I do like Lush Rose Jam scentwise but the scent doesn't last on my once I rinse it off and because it does leave my sensitive skin rather dry and itchy, I don't use it often or other bodywashes for that matter. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Would you be surprised if I said I only use Lush body washes lol.

My ultimate Lush body washes are:

1) The Comforter
2) Snow Fairy
3) Prince Charming
4) Rose Jam
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha me too Mumof3. My favourites are Rose Jam and Avowash. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
worldofsooziewong - does avo wash smell anything like Avocado Co-Wash shampoo bar because omg that is a serious must if it comes in a shower gel lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mumof3 it smells like Avobath bomb. I've not smelt avocado co-wash so don't know how they compare. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Nope, two different scent families mumof3 :-) although if Avo Co Wash was a shower gel I'd be all over it like white on rice OMG it is delightful! 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I love the health basics I think it's called. You can get it from your local supermarket in different scents. My next go to is the Lux exfoliating body washes.
Sophia
203 posts
Ecostore body wash gets up an amazing silky lather when used with a shower scrubber.. will get that again . Available at the supermarket too.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
oh poos lol.  Thanks shazatron101, I got a wee bit excited for awhile then. It makes my hair look and smell great. Only down side is its not exactly very user friendly. They should bring out a liquid version he he he
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mumof3, probably just as well as Avowash is a Kitchen exclusive anyway. 
alicekou
3 posts
I use shower gel for bath. Befor I start to shower, I would prepare several things such as conditioner, shower gel, shower scrubber and shampoo. I haven't use bodywash before. How does that feel?
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I love the pink bottle johnson and johnson body wash (not so yummy but soft skin)... and also the palmolive naturals milk and cherry blossom shower milk (smells nice) =).

Health and basics is also ok.. but i tend to enjoy the red and pink one’s more than the others =D. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!