Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Veet Easy Wax Kit

8 posts, 5 members
poohbearfan
45 posts
Has anyone used the new Veet Electric Home Easy wax kit?
I'm interested to know if it really is easy to use and as painless as they claim?
Would love to hear any opinions please.
Shazzaali
45 posts
I'd like to know too...
Shazzaali
45 posts
The local New World had this on special for $29.95 however the normal retail price is $49.95, so I thought I might as well try it. I thought it was pretty good for a DIY wax kit. It comes with 12 non-woven strips which I dont think is quite enough since they aren't reusable. You would probably be able to do both legs once with the number of strips provided but you will need to buy more strips for next time. It also comes with finishing wipes that smell nice and remove the residue wax from your skin. I like the way it heats up to the right temperature and the wax doesn't solidify mid process. It got most of the hairs in one go and it was relatively painless. A must try in my opinion.
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I keep seeing this and wanting to buy it but never do, and. i would assume it would feel like anyother wax, i dont see how different wax's and claim to be less painful than another wax method...
poohbearfan
45 posts
Thanks Shazzaali for giving it a try. Good to know you found it ok and I think I will have to have a go too. Will keep an eye out for the next special.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm keen to try waxing as I heard it lasts a lot longer than shaving, but I am the world worst baby for pain tolerance so basically I am too scared.  Many times I have picked up an at home kit and thought maybe if I got a bottle of rum also to numb the pain so to speak ;).  Be interested to read more reviews on this veet kit to see what other people have thought, or any help for a wax virgin?
jcameron
3 posts
i found the wax kit really easy to use they have instrustions on how to use it in the box but i always find utube way more helpful as its step by step but as for the wax virgins out there take two panadol two hours before you do youre waxing and for the first few times get someone else to pull the strips off for you as it hurts more if you hesite or stop half way through 
Shazzaali
45 posts
poohbearfan - You're welcome :) I hope you find it on special and get to try it too.

chikoboo - If you haven't tried waxing before, I would suggest going to a professional before you try it at home yourself. They will try to make it as painless as possible, although I don't think it will ever be completely pain free. If you live in Auckland I would recommend Off Wax http://www.offwaxbar.co.nz/ I went to them the first time I tried a brazilian and they were so gentle and made it as painless as it possibly could be. The service was excellent, they were kind, understanding and very professional. Hope you get to try it out :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!