Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Threading anyone?

24 posts, 20 members
Lutece
1849 posts
Does anyone thread? I have tried it years ago and willing to give it another try, i would liketo know how many thread their eyebrows?
pintsize
1072 posts
I get mine threaded... well when they grow enough to have it done... usually just get my upper lip threaded.
I find the result is better than waxing (in my opinion) and the pain isn't so bad... lasts a bit longer than the waxing does but the redness goes away faster too
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Nope, never tried it. When I think of it I pull funny faces. Will try it if I can see someone local that does it
Macs
5351 posts
I get my full face done once a month. I also get my eye brows done, I grow them right out. Then I go and get them shaped perfectly. I pluck the re growth every now and then. I'll be due to go back in soon. Being a first time in a while there will be a little pain. Like every time I get mine done my eyes water. I laugh every time, I should be used to it but no. I have a little redness but it goes away after an hour or so. I reccomend doing it after youve done your shopping or earins lol, even a day before a dinner party. You do not wanna be seen with red  eyebrows.
pintsize
1072 posts
The eye watering is the most annoying bit to me. Even if i find it isn't hurting much my eyes just fill up.  
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I used to get my upper lip threaded as I'm allergic to wax and found it awesome - no reactions and hairless for ages with very subtle regrowth. It hurt like a B%#CH but was quick - definately bearable and I'm a major woos! Do reocmmend, I only stopped because I havnt found someone that does it since I moved cities 
Jeseta
34 posts
I started getting my eyebrows threaded recently as a local salon offers it for only $6 which is a crazy bargain compared to round $20-$25 for waxing at a popular salon. I recommend trying it out, doesn't hurt anymore than waxing in my opinion and you get just as good results, providing the technician is good of course.
jaybeejack
116 posts
I maintain my own eyebrows by threading and plucking... but now and again I will get them threaded properly for $8 at a local-ish place (I dont get quite the same result doing it myself). Its such a bargain!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I had it done once, for me it hurt, it hurt a lot and I get them waxed no problem, but the threading was painful. I will try it again but not in a rush, the tears just ran down my cheeks :)
Kia
550 posts
I used to get my upper lip done, and while it does hurt, I find that the area numbes down and you can't feel it after a couple minutes. I did have a bad reaction to it, in that I would break out in giant - literally giant - white heads in the corners of my mouth, and the last time I did it, my lip got caught in the thread, and sort of busted, so never again! 
Shazzaali
45 posts
In my opinion, threading is the way to go especially for eyebrows. If you go to a "salon" type place they're cheap as chips sometimes only $3, they will shape your eyebrows and make it look all neat. I also recommend threading for any other hair on the fair as it doesn't pull your skin as waxing would and the results are long lasting. I bought a little threading tool online and I use this for my upper lip etc. Sometimes I do my eyebrows with this as well. 
gumboots63
6 posts
I had threading done once but one eyebrow ended up with a chunk out of it and they were uneven. This was done in a hair salon in a mall and there was a continuous line of customers. My eyebrows weren't overly red afterwards, and the threading certainly wasn't painful, it was a funny sensation that sounded like sandpaper.
NikitaSmith
15 posts
I get my eyebrows threaded and love the result! I have quite fine hair and it manages to pick up the ones tweezers wouldn't. However doing them myself would be a whole different story - of probably no eyebrows!
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
The first time I ever got my brows done it was by threading!  I had it done a few times and really liked the results, it was also fast and effective.  I kinda keep meaning to try it again some time.
amyhenderson
33 posts
I get my brows threaded and i love the way it feels and looks afterwards! makes my eyebrows very neat and clean looking :) the only thing is that it hurts quite badly when the thread is on the arch of your eyebrow and my eyes usually water a lot during this part but the outcome is always amazing so its definetly worth it!
Courtneyb
45 posts
I've had it done quite a few times and my brows always looked so clean and sharp. I just can't find anyone I trust to keep them even ATM so I'm back to maintaining them by myself. I've had my lip threaded too.. give me a Brazilian over that any day! 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've had my upper lips threaded at a salon once and the lady was so nice. It had been my first time and I was only an adventurous teenager. It. Hurt. So. Much. I swear I had some unnatural reaction where my skin swelled up and turned bright red. I think she freaked out a little as I looked seriously scary. Needless to say I haven't tried it since lol. So envy you lucky ladies who can get eyebrows or facial hair threaded it sounds so effective and clean
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've had my upper lips threaded at a salon once and the lady was so nice. It had been my first time and I was only an adventurous teenager. It. Hurt. So. Much. I swear I had some unnatural reaction where my skin swelled up and turned bright red. I think she freaked out a little as I looked seriously scary. Needless to say I haven't tried it since lol. So envy you lucky ladies who can get eyebrows or facial hair threaded it sounds so effective and clean
-Bex-
611 posts
Ok so I finally tried threading. I started off with eyebrows then the lovely lass told me I had 'blonde fuzz' around my cheek bones and 'I remove that now' so off came the 'blonde fuzz' and off I went on my merry way.. the next morning my cheeks were itchy and now I have all these raised bumps over the area not pimples but they look horrible and still itch.

Does anyone have a magic, soothing cure? I'm only used to dry skin that would almost need battery acid on it to irritate it. So I have no clue what would work, any help much appreciated

My eyebrows are fine and look amazing I must say. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
The bumps are from the hairs being yoinked out rather than pimples; try witch hazel xx
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Once the bumps go away your foundation should go on so smoother. Witch hazel si a good alternative to toner for closing pores but also could try a calming balm for the skin that won't further irate the skin as its been opened from the threading. Try a balm that won't clog your pores causing any further rashes or blockage or even an oil coconut,olive oil even something non irritating as it seems your skin is quite sensitive. It's like after waxing the same thing can happen & often the therapist will apply a light soothing cream. I use the oil Joni makes post waxing my brows & stache. It soothes & removes excess wax but off course that won't be your case with threading.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Considering threading is similar to waxing and tweezing, the reaction is natural and the more often it is done the less it should happen. I would suggest in addition to K3ri's cream/lotion/oil option, that a cool cloth would assist with taking the heat out of the area and avoid any more harsher products on your skin for a couple of days
Macs
5351 posts
I've had my full face done before bex. I had a similar reaction. I just used aloe vera after sun gel and aloe plant. I stopped using toner for a week to prevent stinging. Stuck to all natural creams. I hope it heals well. Funny I'm booked in to get my brows threaded this week. I've been growing them out. I'm sort of scared after loosing half a brow last time lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'd use whatever you normally use to soothe your face, for me personally oil made it worse.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!