Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hair Laser Removal - IPL at Caci

10 posts, 6 members
annanguyen
142 posts
Hello ladies,

Has anybody here had hair laser removal treatment at Caci done before?
Did it work for you? I would love to hear your experience.

Thanks. 
MareeB
5244 posts
No, but I'd be interested in buying a good IPL when I can afford it. I live in the south so there's no Caci clinics nearby unfortunately.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just got lasered today! I got to a Wellington clinic, not Caci. IPL isnt actually a true laser even though it gets marketed as such. So do some research first. I know people who've had IPL and didn't find it so effective but then had great results with a true laser. I've been thrilled with the results myself but warning, it is addictive! I started off with lip and chin, then did under arms, then half leg and have now moved on to full leg. Yes, it is expensive but my place does great specials. In the long run it does work out cheaper than waxing or even buying expensive razors all the time. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yes I have and it worked on some parts of the body and not others sadly. 

My experience wasn't that great if I'm honest. I did treatments on my lower back, back of the neck and top of the shoulders and the sides of my face. Due to having Congenital Hypothyroidism and having dark hair but light skin it shows up downy type hair.  

It worked well on the lower back and top of the shoulders but not so great on the sides of my face unfortunately and after spending thousands on treatments was left disappointed and frustrated.

Also I felt that they looked down on me because I was on a payment plan instead of paying outright.  I don't think how you are paying for your treatments should be a factor in how they treat you. The person next to me paying outright was offered refreshments, I was pretty much ignored until I was ready to go in. I felt uncomfortable and very small.

However that was just my experience at the Caci Clinic I went to so please do not put that off you going somewhere else to try. The reason the treatments may not have all been successful could have been due to the condition I have, who knows.

I wanted to just give you an honest review of my experience, so this is just my personal view. Hubby has since purchased me a new IPL personal system and I can use it in the privacy of my own home without feeling uncomfortable.

Sorry for the novel ha ha ha xx
MareeB
5244 posts
That's terrible mumof3. No matter how you pay, you still pay, so you should be treated like everyone else. I'm really appalled by that.
Macs
5351 posts
I've heard quite a few stories similar to yours mumofthree in regards to hair removal there not working. I would love permanent hair removal . Following this thread
Sophia
203 posts
Does IPL make the follicle area a red raised bump afterwards? If so, about how long does that last? I want to try it, can't quite justify the cost. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I do come out in red bumps, almost like a heat rash, on my legs after they've been lasered. The clinic I went to advised me to take a anti-histamine which does get rid of them. It settles down after a day or so. My face doesn't react at all. 
annanguyen
142 posts
Thank you very much ladies for the responses.
I did not do my research well, I did not know the difference between IPL and Laser.
I have been getting IPL treatment from Caci, I had 2 treatments so far.
The result hasn't been great to be honest and I don't think it is working. They told me to be patient and have to wait, that's why I wanted to have a second opinion from those who had it done before.
I am living in Invercargill and there are not many clinics or beauty therapists to choose from.
I managed to find another place and they do actual laser that works on any skin types. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I saw immediate results with the laser. Although when I first got my underarms lasered, after the first treatment there was very little regrowth. But then after the second treatment there was lots. It all depends on where each hair is on its life cycle. It did take eight treatments on my underarms to be almost hair free. There's still a few baby fine hairs there so will do a couple of top up treatments. How many treatments you need can also depend on the area, hormones etc. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!