Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Shampoo for Dry Scalp

13 posts, 13 members
ginger_snap_nz
11 posts
I am looking for tried and loved suggestions for a shampoo for dry scalp.
I have used the neutrogena T gel and can not stand the smell.
Anti Dandruff shampoo does not work, I have done head and shoulders and selsun blue.
I am thinking maybe I need a sulphate free shampoo but is there such a thing?
Any hints will be greatly appreciated.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Have you tried just using coconut oil. Massaged into the scalp helps nourish and hydrate the skin there without damaging it further. Using a sulphate free shampoo is good as that won't strip out the natural oils that you create.
pumau
121 posts
How long have you been having problems?
Since the beginning of winter i've suffered too and tried everything. shampooing with baking soda only semi worked (google said its supposed to balance ph levels).
I'm going to try the coconut oil but I think mines seasonal and it seems to happen every winter to me haha.
Ringy
825 posts
I had a really itchy, dry scalp a few years ago- I thought I had dandruff, or even worse head lice- it was suggested to reduce the water temperature I subjected my head to- it was miraculous- so using just luke warm water on my scalp made such a difference. There are heaps of sulphate free shampoos available nowadays.
MissQT
1547 posts
yes you might need to try going sulphate free. Sulphate also irritates your scalp. My sister gets really bad dandruff, I do too but not as bad. She has recently started using sulphate free shampoo etc and has noticed a huge difference. Her scalp isn't as flakey. Although I'm not as bad I'm thinking of trying it too.
beksnz
33 posts
My partner was having really bad issues with his scalp but after reading one of the other forum posts on a similar topic we went and got the Nature's Organic moistursing shampoo and conditioner (sulphate free and made from coconut oil) and he's never going to use another product! After a couple of washes his head is absolutely healthy. Really a miracle because you can pick it up for about $4 from the supermarket! Definitely recommend!
I get bad dadruff and have defiinately found that organic, sulfate free shampoo has improved my scalp. Drinking more water and not washing my hair more necessary than needed also helped. I've also found that brushing my hair properly (sounds silly I know!!) also helped disperse the oils in my hair.
scarlett5678
2 posts
[color=#424242]There's more to hair than color and cut; a healthy scalp is essential for strands to grow thick and strong. Dry scalp shampoo can be found in pretty much any supermarket-it's more common problem than you think but you have to pick the right variety to suit your specific problem depending on the severity of the condition.
Whether you are dealing with oily strands, itchy dandruff, or just an overall irritated scalp, phyto Phytopplleine Botanical scalp treatment has the solution. Blending rosemary, sage, cypress, eucalyptus, and lemon, this fortifying serum washes weathered hair back to health[/color]

makeuppro
5 posts
I would recommend Neutrogena T/Sal Shampoo Scalp Build-Up Control, Controls Oil, Reduces Flaking. You should try out this and feel the difference.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   My best recommendation would be A'kin's Unscented Very Gentle Shampoo and Conditioner you can read my review on the duo.
idahubbard55
2 posts
I use DOVE. And it really works nice.
Hanna222
6 posts
Have you tried flexseed oil? It helps to prevent hair loss and other hair and scalp conditions. I mix flexseed oil 1 tbsp. with sugar 1 tbsp., apply the mixture on the scalp and leave for 20 minutes. I use it twice a week, and I should say, it helps to moisture my hair and scalp. There are more ways to use this oil, I found them on https://therighthairstyles.com/flaxseed-oil/. Hopefully, it will work for you!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I used to have a really dry scalp after using shampoo bars. They start off great, fabulous even but then my hair just seems to become immune and the result wears off. I tried lots of masks and serums etc but nothing seemed to work.

A couple of friends of mine introduced me to doTERRA shampoo and conditioner and omg the difference is amazing I have to admit. I was pretty sceptical about it because of the price but when you think about it, the price isn't bad when you compare it with what you pay at salons etc.

My hair is super super soft and the dry scalp has nearly gone, before it would flake and it would look like I had been playing in the snow. Luckily it wasn't dandruff, just dry scalp.  Hoping that this doesn't wear off either as my hair becomes immune grrrrr.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!