Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Need a New Heat Protectant Since Dove Hair Therapy Heat Activated Mist is Nowhere to be Found?

3 posts, 3 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Dove Hair Therapy Heat Activated Mist was my favourite heat protectant largely because it didn't leave any residue which was fantastic for my Instyler as it didn't get buildup on the bristles. I ran out and when looking to repurchase it and I can't find anymore. I had a look in the BR database because I specifically remember reviewing it and I can't find it there either. I checked on the Dove website and it didn't come up in the search so I'm lead to believe it probably has been discontinued. 
     Now I love my Ethique bars and the conditioner has heat protectant in it which is why I use the Wonderbar on my scalp since I blow dry my hair. But I would like to have a heat protectant spray on hand as well since the medium heat setting on my hair dryer is pretty hot. So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of  heat protectant sprays that I could look into that doesn't leave any residue, so that can use it with my Instyler. So anything that is designed to add some "hold" to your hair is not what I'm interested in, especially since I brush my hair alot and almost always have it in some sort of braid. I would prefer something that is more affordable and easy to find but will consider the more expensive brands as well. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've always found the Lee Stafford heat protecting mist reasonably effective but subtle.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup Lee Stafford Poker Straight is my go to since they discontinued my holy grail PPS flat iron spray

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!