Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Halo of Frizz!

13 posts, 9 members
JessB
219 posts
Hello my lovelies! Does anybody have any ideas about good anti-frizz products?
I have the problem of a halo of short curls whenever I tie up my hair. It gets worse with humidity, and it makes straightening my hair a pain. I really liked the tip in the BR article about toothbrushes, and using hairspray on an old toothbrush to fix unruley frizz (link here). Are there any extra ideas or tips like that one? Any fixes that people find are a quick fix when you're in a rush? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
my ultimate two things to beat frizz are the Lee Stafford Dehumidifier and a tiny but of rosehip oil. Helps keep my hair silky whether its curly or straight on the day
JessB
219 posts
Thanks trudijoy, I like the idea of using natural ingredients to fix any problem. What does the rosehip oil do? :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
my hair is super fine and i live in auckland so the humidity wreaks havoc at times. The rosehip oil (literally just a couple drops rubbed between my hands and pulled through my hair) weighs my hair down a bit so its not flying around, and gives it a nice shine. It also adds a bit of extra moisture which is nice for my hair, which is dyed often and heat styled daily
JessB
219 posts
That sounds like it would help me also, I live in Wellington so one of my biggest problems for frizz is the wind. Having a little bit of oil added to might hair may weigh it down enough. Also have been keeping an eye out for info about caring for dyed hair so thank you!
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Jess, 

usually this time of year the frizz on my hair kicks in big time. At the moment I'm loving this Loreal Precious Oil Mist and a Loreal hair spray to seal my hair. I got both the items in the hair box. Super impressed with how it's holding my hair. 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I often feel like my hair is entirely composed of flyaways. Sigh. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I use hask products. The little vials of oil are amazing and smell awesome. Also rub a tiny bit of coconut oil through...not too much though or you will have an oil slick lol
Macs
5351 posts
Funny you say that Devoured. I have ended up with an oil slick of coconut oil hair before lol I agree go easy on it. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I use Lee Stafford too. I often spray it straight after washing my hair and that helps eliminate any frizz for a day or two. It depends on your hair though.
DianaN
143 posts
Ooh frizz is definitely a pain! Auckland's humidity is horrific. 
I use a little bit of oil or water. It usually does the trick. I don't like hairspray because it leaves a crunchy texture. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I've been using the products from the BBBE hair box and my hair is in the best condition it's been in for ages. There's an anti frizz product called L'Oreal Supersleek Smoothing Blow Dry Mist that is designed to control frizz and I'm finding it very good. We don't have the humidity down here in the south that you guys have though. I'd like to hear what others think of the product. There's an extra incentive to buy the box this weekend, so if other people also find this product is as good as I think it is, it might be worth considering buying the box.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Definitely try a hair oil just through the ends, and then smooth the remnants onto the top layers of your hair.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!