Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hair fall and Rosemary shampoo

15 posts, 12 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Has anyone on here tried Angel en Provence Rosemary Hair Activating shampoo?  I'm battling with major hair fall at the moment (losing handfuls at a time) and I don't have very much hair naturally; it's fine and thin.  I was using Kerastate Initialiste serum, which worked really well but its very expensive and I can't afford to keep using it.

Someone recently suggested Angel en Provence Rosemary Hair Activating shampoo but there are no reviews for it on the Brand Directory (its not even a listed product) and I'm hesitant to purchase it without doing some research first.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

MareeB
5241 posts
Hi Silvene  I didn't find any shampoos good for hair fall. I went for Evening primrose oil caps, fish oil caps, and selenium and magnesium with B6 and zinc.  It depends what causes your hair fall, as I found out with my illness that hair has a 9 month cycle, and from when I started treatment it was almost exactly 9 months to the day that I noticed it had grown back in and there was no more hairfall than normal. I found the oils caps , oh and some biotin, good for improving the quality once it started to re-grow. If it's hormonal, taking evening primrose or even progesterone cream, will help. Can I say though, it may be worth mentioning to your GP as there could be an underlying issue. Good luck :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Have you tried mane n tall from iherb it has had heaps of postive reviews and its natural too, plus affordable, shipping direct to NZ.  Oops links aren't working for me today, so head on over to iherb.com and type in mane n tail.  There is also reviews for it under Mane n Tail in the Brand Directory here on BR
swamphen
73 posts
Mane and Tail is pretty popular but not sure if it would be specifically useful for hair fall? Tons of people swear by it. I just can't get over the horse on the bottle! Looks like something off a farm..

swamphen
73 posts
Just having a look on iHerb they do have a hair and nail supplement which seems to have really good feedback (1500+)
Supplements
Ringy
825 posts
I have the Kerastase Bain Prevention shampoo for hair fall as I thought I was losing more than normal- definitely think it helps although my iron is back up now so not losing excessive amounts anymore either. Although my vacuum cleaner brush head would say different it's clogged with hair every time I vacuum- mainly ginger so it's more the kids not mine! We also use the mane and tail range but I don't think it's helped with hair fall. 
Macs
5351 posts
My hairs been falling out too. For the past 6 months. I tried a hair fill one by Schwarzkopf but it didn't work. Never heard of this brand before. I'll be interested in what product you decide to choose and how it goes. 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
If I were you I would go to the dr to get some tests to make sure your levels are all good. I was getting massive handfuls of hair falling out when I showered and it turned out it was caused by Hashimotos disease (a thyroid issue). I'm not trying to scare monger at all, I just would hate for it to continue to happen to you if it's an issue with your body. I use Lush's beer shampoo and it is really gentle on my hair and helped when my hair loss was affecting me. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks, Ladies.  I have been to my GP and my hormone levels, thyroid, etc are all normal.  I'm on a good quality multi-vitamin, krill oil and an evening primrose supplement (been on these for years).

I need to finish my current shampoo stash before buying anything else, but I think I may give the Rosemary shampoo a try and I'll add the Mane & Tail to my list too.

If anyone else is battling with hair fall and can afford to use Kerastase Initialiste serum, I do recommend it. It definitely works and after a few months, new growth can be seen.  I just can't justify spending that much money on a hair serum.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Good luck. I'd be keen to hear what else you find works. I do know the L'Oreal Elvive one was useless though.
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's worth thinking about what you put into your body not just what you put on it - I'm hypothyroid, and hair loss is associated with a lack of iodine in the system as well. Kelp is my preferred source of that, but salt is actually a biggie there. If you're eating a really low salt diet you can be iodine deficient and that can cause hair fall as well.

Also, I have a lot of really fine hair and I always lose more in the summer - it's like an animal shedding, haha. Natures way of trying to cool my head down.
chantmarks
15 posts
I am not familiar with that brand. Maybe you should first consult a doctor if you are experiencing excessive hair fall, you should know first the cause of your hairfall so you would know what to do and what products to use.
Ashj
1 posts
How did you end up finding the angel brand?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I wasn't overly impressed with the Angel range (I've tried a few of their shampoos). My new hairdresser recommended a biotin supplement, which I've been using for about a week, so it's too soon to tell if it's working.  I'll have to wait at least 2 months before seeing any results. 
WinnyPuch
4 posts
Rosemary oil is shown to be as effective as Minoxidil for treating male pattern baldness. I used Minoxidil for a month. During that period, i noticed more and more thinning of the hair. I attributed it to the initial shedding because of the hair follicle adjusting to the increased blood circulation (according to lot of internet sites). Then I saw many new baby hairs
also, I used a hair set for growth by bloommy trademark. I like their kits, their products wost money that they want

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!