Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

20 posts, 17 members
TVu
11 posts
Hi ladies,

I trust you ladies will be able to help me with this. I have just had my ear surgery and I'm not allowed to wash my hair for a week. Ewww. I can't stand skipping washing my hair a day, now for a whole week. Plus, I go to the gym regularly so I will be sweating. That would be gross if I don't wash my hair.
My hair is really dry, and if I don't wash for a day, I feel itchy and sticky.

So, I think dry shampoo might be a good solution for this. Does anyone know any good shampoo  I can buy? I live in the CBD, so it would be great if they are available in the shops in town. 

Thanks heaps ladies!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Batiste is pretty good, and widely available at places like life pharmacy, the warehouse etc
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Batiste is the best I've found, and is in most supermarkets and pharmacies :)
janini9
341 posts
I love Lush's No Drought dry shampoo. Beautiful citrus smell and really good at changing the oily/less than clean hair look to bouncy much cleaner looking hair. 
Mila
1209 posts
Batiste is always a great dry shampoo, I recently tried the pantene dry shampoo to and actually really liked it probably more than the batiste ones.
bronjenks
253 posts
I tried the Batiste one but it made my head really itchy :-(  I'm still a bit dubious about dry shampoo, I like to 'feel' like its just been washed and to me dry shampoo doesnt do that.  Check out the reviews for different ones here, that might help you decide :-)  Hope your ear feels better soon :-)
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
I can vouch for Batiste also :)  the blush one smells great as well!  I'd probably stay away from the TRESemme one though...I've never heard anything good about it :(
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
The Schwartzkopf Extra Care Dry Shampoo works for me. It's not the best out there but for the price I find it's pretty good. Just don't spray too close to your hair otherwise it WILL come off white. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I would suggest Batiste as well. I also have a question for you. Depending on how major the surgery, would it be possible for a hairdresser be able to wash your hair in one of their hair sinks?

Marcel
335 posts
Also vouch for batiste, stay from the tresemme one!
kirstysays
762 posts
Love bastiste and also the VO5 one is great too :)  Both are available at the warehouse and supermarket :)
TVu
11 posts
Thank you so much ladies. I went to the Warehouse to do and was looking for Batiste or Panteen but I could only find Panteen. But I ended up getting the Schwarzkopf dry shampoo and conditioner because they were on sale, 2 for $7.99.

I tried it over an hour ago and I'm pretty pleased with it. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It smells nice but way too strong for me.

Maybe after I use them up, I might try other ones as I'm starting to like using dry shampoo.

Thanks for the tip BadIndieGamer, no white on my hair :)

@ Ragingfrog, they specifically told me a couple of time that I cannot wash my hair, and must keep my ear dry at all time, so I think it is not possible to wash it by a hairdresser; also I can't blow dry my hair either.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm so glad you like it! I totally agree with you on the fragrance too, it's definitely strong. 
littleparadise
178 posts
Would love if you could do a review once you get a fair trial out of it, as two friends of mine say they literally get a handful of uses out of theirs and it had run out! I thought that was pretty disappointing. My Batiste one on the other hand has lasted me well over 6 months! 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
TVu, I wasn't sure if it was something that could be done or not and thought maybe the angle would help as well. I hope everything goes well for surgery.
Macs
5351 posts
You could also try a leave in conditioner. I sometimes use it when I go away. I normally get Schwazkoft. But definately try bastiste heard great things about it. I recently tried a postie plus one. Be careful if you have dark coloured hair it can go grey or dull looking. I normally tease my hair as Im spraying so I dont get white or greyish patches.
notjaya
62 posts
I've tried the Pantene Pro V Dry Shampoo (Volume Booster) and it works great! Great for when I've no time to wash my hair. I have dark hair and there's no white residue at all.
isemonger
224 posts
I know you have had lots of replies already but I just wanted to say I adore and love Batiste especially the yellow (tropical one) and can not recommend it enough!! It is also resonable in price (especially during sales - holla!) I get mine from farmers so I can earn points as well..... adds up to my next voucher!!

Good luck with it all lovely xx
Cesy
162 posts
Oooh glad you found one but I have to put in the Lee Stafford one for consideration. Smell is nice and its coloured! So I don't get that grey cast. I love it. 
alliebygate
10 posts
I use the =13pxBatiste dry shampoo and it really helps to make my hear look not greasy and nice :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!