Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

10 posts, 8 members
Johanna
38 posts
soooo I tried to make a deep Violet purple hair colour by mixing blue black with the rosewood violet or whatever it is from the napro shade pallet brand because the ladies hair on the box looked too red I used three quarters of blue black and a quarter of the other and my hair has come out blue black I am going to let it fade out by washing but I was hoping you ladies could tell me what ideal shades of red and purple are good as far as home dyes? My bf said he likes red hair he he he but I would prefer a burgundy more deep darker violet any thhing welcome :) also have you got your things from the BV yet I havent !
MareeB
5241 posts
I don't have my things from BV yet, but live in the lower South island, so maybe tomorrow. It'll be a wonderful boost right now!!

I'd love to see a photo of your hair, I reckon it sounds nice x
trudijoy
8375 posts
no BV yet and I live in eastern central Auckland. BUT.... my courier is pretty useless so that's not a surprise.
shopaholic
24 posts
I have used the myhdhair (my hair dresser) home colour. You pick a colour and the developer and mix it up yourself. It worked well for me as I used to have short hair so I would only mix up what I needed and there wasn't any waste. Anyway they do a "Fashion Shades" range and there is some vibrant violets and reds in there. Might be worth a look. I think I used to use the deep plum red shade.  
Lutece
1849 posts
You should put a photo up, it sounds amazing!

Just a side note, The beauty vault goodies wont be delivered until 14-21 working days, any other beauty vault Q & A's have been added to HERE 

Lutece
1849 posts
Oh just saw the Update on facebook about the beauty vault goodies, WOOHOO!!!!
Chaotic82
522 posts
LOL, saw your first message Lutece and was going to say they updated they were heading out.  But you saw it yourself :)  I can't wait.  It gets a bit overwhelming with so many exciting things all in one delivery though ;)
Macs
5351 posts
I've never mixed black in with other colour dyes before. Maybe you could have tried a brown with a violet.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
A friend used to do this as a 2 step dye hair black first, the next day do the red she wanted.
Johanna
38 posts
well, it came out black with hints of navy blue and slight prple burgundy in the sun light as it washed out im still trying to figure out how to change my picture haha i used the red of the rosewood violet on my blde re growth and so the roots are definatley purple i added the blue black to the first dye because i was sure it was going to wash out too red i think its looking ok i will upload when i figure it out yes my things arrived the face wash had leaked a little though 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!