Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

7 posts, 5 members
fairyfluff
19 posts
I'm currently umming and ahhing about doing my hair balayge at home with department bought bleach and toner. How crazy am I? Should I just save and go and get it done at a salon? Or is it one of those things that you could wing it just at home with a diy? Thanks
Ringy
825 posts
I'd go professional - that said about 7 years ago I went and the hairdresser didn't really know what they were doing and fired my ends so badly with bleach that I had to get it all cut off (somewhere else because I wasn't going back there again) - the best results are when they tease the hair if they are just going  to paint it on then I'd be really careful as the result can be very patchy and uneven. Vivo hairdressers have groupons for balayage all the time - I haven't used them but maybe worth a try? 
Ringy
825 posts
***fried I mean not fired. 
Ringy
825 posts
Sorry - double post - my internet is so slow! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Definitely don't DIY a balyage. It'll be hard to get even and you'll spend loads on conditioner afterwards. Mine was done by a friend who is a hairdresser, so I only paid about $180 for balyage, base colour, wash, cut and style, but if you're only getting balyage it shouldn't be tooooo expensive  
Macs
5351 posts
Ive thought about attempting it at home too. I agree with the ladies to go and get it done.
JessB
219 posts
Doing a home bleach/lightening job can be quite finnicky to begin with, because it's hard to get the right tone. Because of theat I think a DIY balyage cooooooooould go horribly wrong.. but I guess it depends on the experience you have with home dye jobs to begin with? For best results I'd say go professional. =13px  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!