Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Can't find a semi...

14 posts, 6 members
MareeB
5244 posts
Hey ladies after getting the very short hair cut I was thinking of, I decided I'd try a bit of colour. The stylist suggested only using semis though due to the regrowth. Easy I thought, no sweat I thought. Then I went to look for one - hmmmmm -jeepers, where have they gone???? all I could find was a few L'Oreal casting creme gloss in dark colours! everything else was permanent. So, can someone give me any ideas on where to look for a semi in a light blonde please?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Have you tried looking in Farmers or The Warehouse? You may also be able to order from online Pharmacies. Not sure if that helps or not hun?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Kmart, the warehouse, supermarket, chemist they would be the main places I would think Maree. Although I only get permanent usually. Hopefully you find some!
MareeB
5244 posts
Yep I've looked in the Warehouse and the supermarkets and farmers online. I can only find the one range of dark colours and few of pastels. Maybe they don't make semis any more. That'd be a shame...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hmmm yea that is so odd. I will keep an eye out for you.
MareeB
5244 posts
Thank you! I'm more invested in the idea now I know it's going to be difficult hahaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maybe you should just go pastel, Maree!
MareeB
5244 posts
Bahaha oh soozie you are a trick. I thought light blonde was pretty courageous :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Semis can't lighten hair which might be why you cant find any in light blonde. 
EliseMM
120 posts
Soozie is right that semi won't lighten hair, so you'll have to go darker! I have used the L'Oreal casting creme and I really love it. In Autumn I'm planning to dye my hair chocolate brown using that product. 

I know Garnier does an ammonia-free range. It is permanent colour, but without ammonia it will be less harsh on your hair. That could be a potential option?
MareeB
5244 posts
Na, the idea is to dull the stark white.
MareeB
5244 posts
Thanks Elise. The hairdresser thought a semi would fade rather than show regrowth. My hair is very white.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i had a thought, and this is what i usually do with my dyes to make them go further, and it also lightens the color. so, my thought is - what if you bought a box of the lightest brown you could find (or liked), mixed up a small amount of it into a bowl, and then mixed regular conditioner into the dye? you could apply it like hair dye or  hair mask... it *might* dye your hair, but then.. it might go streaky too. which could look odd, but at least you'd have the rest of the box to try again! :P

you could always ask the hairdresser if it'd work as well, because i am by no means a professional, but i thought it could work.

i realize you asked for a semi permanent hair dye but short of finding one and ordering online, i thought this could be fun too.
MareeB
5244 posts
So soozie you were right, I did go pastel. Not intentionally though. I might try a light brown now I've gone as far as purple Shaz!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!