Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Youshop vs Shipito?

33 posts, 16 members
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I'm wanting to do a few orders from Sephora and Walmart which I can't send via my sister in California (sad!) so need to use a freight forwarder. Being makeup and all, they'll all be quite small and light (although, I've heard that they pack tiny things in huge boxes). Has anyone used both companies and have a preference? Or what is the average price you've paid for your forwarding?

Thanks!
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I know Youshop now combine orders, so you could have both orders sent to their warehouse and then condensed before posting. I won't give you my experience with prices as I haven't done an order since last year xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
My huge Sephora haul last month came in a relatively small box and went through Youshop for under $10 (if you have Westpac account you can get 10% off your costs by using WESTPAC15 its a code for life so you can re-use it)   I've not done my walmart haul yet so can't say what the parcel size would be but like Chelsea said they do offer parcel consolidation now, just be aware that it means they will be opening and handling your goods so things that are technically prohibited like perfumes will be removed, so if you wanted to do that method don't pick perfume samples as your Sephora freebies =)

Shipto is a little bit of a hassle I have heard compared to Youshop but I haven't personally used so can't vouch for that =)
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I've bought that $10 flash shipping subscription from Sephora and was aiming to just buy small things every so often (like just an urban decay palette a fortnight or something) plus the weekly special samples and sample sachets obviously. We are with Westpac so I'll note down the voucher code, thanks!!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I didn't even realise how simple it is to do this... Might be going to check Sephora right now. 
Macs
5351 posts
I'm a confused little rat lol I wish I understood it. I do bank with Westpac so thats a plus. I'd love to try this one day
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've often wondered how it works. I think a whole new world may have been opened up for me lol. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
My birthday is on the 8th of next month... I think Sephora will be my stop. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
That is what I did for my birthday WannabeMUA! Also if you sign up for their rewards you get a gift with your order on your birthday month. This year it is the NARS lip pencils (I'm wearing one in my profile pic)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Ohmygoodness that's so exciting! Kirsty you look stunning with that on!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I think you would love it! (I'll post my review tomorrow). But that type of blue based red looks great on pale beauties like us WannabeMUA :) ... super good for making my teeth look whiter too
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I can't wait to read it! I love red lippies that make my teeth look white, they've always had a yellow tinge no matter what I do ;^;
alikat
423 posts
The two NARS pencils from Sephora are deluxe samples - Matte in Cruella which is a nice, deep blue-red and a Satin pencil in Rikugien, which is a really nice neutral pink. 

Comparison - the deluxe samples are 0.06oz of product vs 0.09oz in the full size. My BFF very kindly gave me her VIB Rouge birthday gift (which also has a NARS eyeliner pencil in it) and then I did an order in february and got another gift for me :) 

I want to give youshop a go actually but the pricing wories me, ditto taxes at the border. But I'm so over paying california sales tax. Will have to remember the westpac code seeing as I bank with them!
ChristineHoll
152 posts
Alikatnz - Do you use Shipito? Or do you get your Sephora here some other way?

My birthday isn't until November so I won't be able to test out those Nars pencils for quite some time! I do like the weekly deluxe sample specials though. In the order I did yesterday I got the bareminerals duo deluxe sample. That mini kabuki is super cute!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I haven't used youshop for Sephora but I have used Shipito's Assisted Purchase to buy from Sephora twice. Both times the orders were quite large and came in big boxes and both times the shipping was either $45 or $50 (it was last year so I can't remember exactly how much it was sorry!), via DHL. The first order had a few value sets so the dimensions were quite big and the second time the dimensions were smaller but they cost the same (?!). You can use Shipito's postage calculator if you know the rough dimensions of the package. I did this and the actual price was spot on to what was estimated. They give you more than one option with who you want your parcel shipped by and the costs differ depending on the carrier.  
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I should also mention I have paid $45 with youshop from ELF and Nordstrom before. Sorry if that just makes it confusing and doesn't really help lol!
Danni
324 posts
I've always wanted to know the details about Youshop. Have been so keen to buy over seas. I thought our cards didn't work at Sephora and thats why I have never bothered using the service?! Someone please enlighten me and tell me we actually can :P
chikoboo
3402 posts
DanniAnderson Sephora annouced just a month or so ago that they will accept international cards on the sephora.com site, however! this is the tricky part of the puzzle it is totally random that they cancel some orders still due to shipping items to an address that has multiple orders sent to it like the Youshop warehouse.  I've noticed the majority of customers with an older account with Sephora don't have a problem,  I set up my Sephora account right back when Youshop was set up so its over a year old now even though I have only started ordering off them in Feb this year.   I have made 2 successful orders through them since with no problems whatsoever.  But like I said I still see posts about some girls who have had their orders cancelled. 
ChristineHoll
152 posts
Argh, I've not tried Sephora via a freight forwarder at all yet and my account is pretty new. It just happened that my sister was sending us a parcel with various things in it (NYX haul!) so have been sending my Sephora orders to her. 

It sounds as though my husband wants me to try Shipito before Youshop, and I think they have individual addresses for each person rather than the one big shared warehouse address so that might be the better route in case Sephora are catching onto people that way.
alikat
423 posts
My BFF/Sister-in-law lives in Southern California and so I order stuff and have it sent to her. She holds onto it until I tell her to send me the parcel. I end up paying CA sales tax, which is a shame, but she never charges me for shipping because I receive the boxes and sometimes fill them with pineapple lumps and send them back. And I send her Healthy Food Guide magazines to torment her with food from home and recipes she doesn't get there. The husband did try using YouShop with a Macys order, but it got cancelled. Only because he put in the youshop details as his billing address and our card company put a stop on the transaction. 
Cat
474 posts
I use and like Shipito, I've never had an issue and it's been quite affordable when I've used them. I have only ordered from MAC though. 
Danni
324 posts
Thanks chikoboo :) I thought it must have been something like that. I really want to get some stuff from sephora so might give it a try!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Cat, do MAC now accept international credit cards? I tried sending some to a friend's US address a few years ago and they cancelled my order. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Yep MAC accept international cards =)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
My friend imports stuff from the US MAC site! They definitely accept international cards.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ok, this could be dangerous, lol. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hmmm, my shopping brain is working overtime here lol. Cat, how much on average have your Mac orders cost to ship with Shipito?
alikat
423 posts
When Ulta starts accepting NZ credit cards, I may be in trouble...
forumnerd
1 posts
Regarding foreign credit cards and sites that don't accept them i've learned a trick that works well for me.  I use american express, all i did was call them and asked them to add my american forwarding service's address to my account as an "authorized" or "alternate".. you could even tell them to change it to the billing address making sure you sign up for online (paperless) statements.  

btw, I've tried shipito, they're cheap but get expensive really quickly if you buy more than one item a month because they won't bundle your purchases.... so I've switched to www.usabox.com where i have more control over my shipments (to italy).

yay!
Koni
444 posts
Hiya Christine,

I've been using Shipito for over a year.  Shipito allows you to consolidate your orders but it will depend on the plan you select (there are only 2 options) and each one has its own pros and cons.

My plan is the Virtual Mailbox (which allows consolidation) because I use Shipito often and it works out cheaper for me.  You get 4 addresses to use and I use Oregon because it's a tax free state.

For Sephora I use the Assisted Purchase because I can't be bothered with the "luck of the draw" business; I'd rather have a peace of mind that I'm going to get the items that I paid for - still hoping they'll consider PayPal one day haha.

I always get my orders despatched from Oregon on a Thursday ready for Monday-itis :-)  Like Jessicka mentioned you can select the courier option and I always go for the cheapest one WITH tracking.  My last order (received this Monday) cost me NZD60.00 postage but bear in mind the exchange rate is not too pretty at the moment against the USD and I tend to go a little crazy with the "extras" such as pictures / fragile sticker / extra bubble wrap - it all adds.

Happy shopping!!
gijane1231
9 posts
I use Youshop and they charge $12.50 for 500 grams and $4.75 for each additional 500 grams which is pretty good. the most it has cost me so far is $22 and that was for 7 makeup items
plus i got it in 6 days coming from USA with emails at each step of the way. if you can get free shipping to the youshop address its a pretty good deal
sHIA
1 posts
Lol this question is pretty old. Anyway I was using Shipito myself, they were great but then something happened and their prices got pretty high... now I use PlanetExpress they have the best shipping prices I've found. Just hope they won't go the "Shipito way" at some point
Beauty88
29 posts
Shipito

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!