Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

You go a week without BR

36 posts, 24 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ok maybe not solid for the week but due to illness and no Internet connection when with the in law I was forcefully restricted and felt lost lol. No BR, FB or IG made for a quiet Chikoboo and I didn't like it hehe.

Ahhhh to be back to WiFi and computers to finally catch up on things xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha yeah I can't be off the internet for long atm due to family stuff so even in Japan I had to make sure I had wi fi at all times. sometimes I think I'd love to just disconnect but then I'd sit there wondering if I was missing anything.

Hopefully I'll be able to detach more easily once people aren't as dependent on me being accessible
MareeB
5241 posts
I had four days off the internet last week while I was on a work trip. I loved it  - I read a book in my limited spare time! I love reading but everything else gets in the way usually.
-Bex-
611 posts
Yes I hate being without the internet. After the latest IOS update my phone was lagging so bad I could barely use it and the Internet provider we use is becoming really popular so its quite slow now apparently they are going to fix it. But life without BR, FB and Insta gives me FOMO!! haha... Never thought I would say that
Macs
5351 posts
A week..Eek! I wondered where you were, I didn't see you posting much. I can't wait to see your latest unboxings..
Rezee
1964 posts
I  couldn't do it! I tell myself that I should have a day with no net. I last about half a hour into it. It's really bad. That's why I refuse to use wifi on my phone when I'm out. I know I'm addicted enough as it is.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm terrible, I feel like I want to be connected 24/7 ... I feel like FOMO (fear of missing out) is a huge thing these days.
Paulam
53 posts
I barely make it onto any fun pages these days, its all work work work since I started my biz. Miss BR, been about 3 weeks since I was here! 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Paulamwhat buissness have you started? I try to stay in the loop as much as possible, and always seem to find the time to log onto BR. When i am travelling, or really busy at work, then i find it a little harder
trudijoy
8375 posts
theres a lot of pressure to keep connected, reply fast etc too kirsty. Especially with work being able to email you. I had to turn off school emails on my phone because it was pinging ALL the time and I'd feel like I had to answer there and then
kirstyj
1732 posts
Totally agreed Trudi! Work wanted to get my a work cellphone... hasn't happened yet but if it does it will be kept at work and not at home! I need some work life balance as I would easily get my self stressed out by working all the time, or panicing in the middle of the night.
trudijoy
8375 posts
kirsty nail on the head for part of the reason I dropped an 11 year old career to take on this new one. I've had insomnia for about 3 years. Literal guilt about relaxing. It was getting idiotic. The day I realised that not all jobs are like that is the day I knew I needed to change something. Fast.
Mila
1209 posts
I hate being out of touch it does make you feel like your missing out. I used to love camping you'd have no service for days the pressure to answer everyone instantly wasn't there but these days I hate missing out ! :)
Macs
5351 posts
Paulam its been a while since I've seen you on the forum. I think your name was different before though (correct me if I'm wrong) . You look so familiar.
glamfish
87 posts
Some weeks I get so busy and I don't get on here. I get separation anxiety, always feel like I miss all the good stuff!
SandyGedge
394 posts
Hmmmm I like to think that I could but I don't know? Hehehe I find myself automatically going on to BR numerous times per day! But in saying that, if I was in the somewhere that Internet wasn't available, then I'd just have to suck it up hahaha (hope that doesn't happen any time soon! )
Paulam
53 posts
@Binarybeauty I've started up a cake business (prob not allowed to say the name?), forgot how hard it is to do all aspects of a business! Last time I did it was with massage therapy, so easier in that I didn't even have to worry about creating a product. Still massaging some clients too while working. Life is outta whack ! 
@Macs always been Paulam :) not sure who I'd rather be haha. But yeah, been quite a few weeks since I got past home page and got on the forum. Miss the ladies! 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
 There would be no problem for me to go a week without the internet:)
but I'd struggle with no BR 
when internet is limited its check the mail do the accounts check BR that's it xx
ha ha addiction 
Ringy
825 posts
When we first moved to NZ we had to wait 6 weeks to move into our house so we had no internet intil then either. The temporary house we were living in was immaculate all the time, the washing was up to date, my hair and makeup done perfectly everyday, dinner was always organized and I had time to do nothing- I think I'm way too distracted by the Internet. I might need to a technology cleanse.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
When I first joined I was really active and then had a break from the internet all together so went for a solid week without BR. Now I check BR atleast 4 times a day....Its really addictive :)  I love reading the forums?, articles and reviews. I get FOMO if I don't log on atleast once a day lol so no i don't think i could go a week without BR, unless I was on an island in the middle of nowhere and had no wifi haha

chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh yes I definately get FOMO and seperation anxiety lol.  Not limited to the internet too!  Hubby off overnight and I am such a sap I already miss the lug!! especially as I have 2 days off due to this damn tonsilitis oh well nearly there, can't wait to regain the happy, quiet normal to my life lol.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I am overseas right now and I feel like I am missing all the fun! I barely know what is happening!
A week without wifi is a horror story for me! 
alikat
423 posts
A week without wifi would be bliss, just so long as I had plenty of warning to fill up my kindle with books to read.

I feel like i've been AWOL from BR for months now - I'm drowning in assignment hell (Just finished writing 2700 words for a research article) and my grandfather passed away at the weekend, so I just feel like I'm treading water right now. Having a "holiday" next weekend and heading to Taupo for a couple of nights of motorsport and hanging with friends. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
No WiFi would be terrible it wouldnt make for a happy home in our house since we have no TV connection so 3 tablets 2 phones a late and a Xbox 360 is how we function communicate interact... must say though it could be a good thing what am I talking about it is a good thing to practice going without teaches appreciation
MrsLissy
301 posts
I could go without BR for a week, when I'm really busy it's things like that that are left to slide but I could not go a whole week without WIFI. Now with my blog and having to regularly post on social media and interact I just couldn't do it. 
I have been laying low on social media the last two weeks until my BRBB arrived.  I have soooooooooooo much to catch up on with everyone's photos, unboxing and a few reviews to write. x
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Yes now you say that Whittakers lover you have Mia well done you x
Macs
5351 posts
crystal a week would be a nightmare for me too.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've had to restrict myself on BR in the last week whilst I was in Korea so I didn't see any BRBB spoilers. Finally picked up mine today so can now hit the forums again! 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Clever move Whittakers-loverwhen i was still waiting for my box to come.. i was secretly hoping i would stumble upon an unboxing online. How bad am I! I just needed to know what was in it
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I was getting impatient too so didn't really mind the spoilers of some of the items that I stumbled across. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I went all day without br,  as we went out to a farm. I missed br!
Ringy
825 posts
Im away and I'm struggling to post here on my phone- I have to open in a new tab everytime I want to comment and it's taken me 3 days to work that out even! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't think I ever have. I check it several times a day on a regular day.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I haven't really been on it the past week and I blame the new system for it. Just as well I still love my job even though I haven't left till 6 each night.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!