Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Yayyyy Mecca Maxima

21 posts, 10 members
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Hey wasn't sure if making a new thread was the right thing but oh well. Albany has been revamping its mall so Kiels and Benefit have been at Westfield for sometime both in pop up store and Farmers but as of tonight I'm probably late to the show but I noticed another new store and you guessed it Mecca Maxima coming in March. Yes please.
MissQT
1547 posts
Yep i heard that a second store was opening in Auckland. Farmers in lambton quay Wellington are also getting kiehls and Bobbi brown. Hoping for benefit soon.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i posted about that a few weeks ago, it's cool but i'm still hanging out for one at Sylvia Park lol. At least Albany's easier parking than the CBD!
bronjenks
253 posts
Thats great!  Dont have to go all the way in to the CBD and MUCH better parking at Albany.  I feel a road trip coming on....
Macs
5351 posts
I would rather go to Albany than the city . When’s opening date? Wonder if they will have any opening deals on.
trudijoy
8375 posts
in March, Macs. I drove past the CBD store on opening day and the line was like 3 blocks long - i don't believe there were lots of opening specials; i think they went with GWP and spot prize options instead.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Interesting. I heard something about farmers and benefit actually.
EliseMM
120 posts
Mecca usually does 'spend $90 and choose a gift envelope' at their opening events. I missed the opening in Wellington, but could so be tempted to send my brother who lives in Auckland to the March opening in Albany!!
Imoshen
461 posts
EliseMM you could get your brother to do that for you?  Wow!  That is some guy :). 

I don't think I could convince my husband to do that ...
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'd never ask my brother to do that for me (he'd be uncomfortable and confused, I think! Although he's better with it now that my sister in law works in beauty)
Kimrose
1416 posts
This is very exciting news!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Opens Thursday 8th March according to the email I had today. Also "featuring NZ's first dedicated Mecca perfumeria and Mecca Trove". Anyone know what a Mecca Trove is?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Also, the address is Hurstmere Rd, Takapuna, so not Albany Mall? (Not an expert on Auckland geography so...)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ok just re-read email lol and it is Mecca Cosmetica opening in Takapuna., not Mecca Maxima. 

Wow, Mecca really is taking over! Heaven forbid it ever comes to my local mall lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Trove is niche and boutique brands according to what i've heard and this page!

So far in AKL the three Cosmetica stores (incl Takapuna) are in higher income suburbs (lol) or those with good dining, shopping or entertainment precincts.  The two Mecca Maximas are CBD (duh) and Albany, which is a big mall 20-30 mins out of the cbd heading north, and closer for northland, west auckland etc - plus just off state highway 1.

Mecca Maxima Sylvia Park  MUST be on the cards; it's the biggest mall in NZ
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh my! Trove sounds amazing and something I need to stay away from lol. Well that's where I thought Albany Mall was (actually the only part of Auckland that I know is the North Shore as that is where I usually stay). My sense of direction was less confused once I worked out it is Cosmetica that's opening in Takapuna, not Maxima. (I've taken my makeup off and the oil balm cleanser makes my eyes all blurry - that's my excuse for not being able to read properly lol)
Macs
5351 posts
I’m in the Sylvia Park zone. I’d be happy they opened one there. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
omg omg OMG ITS HAPPENING. Mecca Maxima Sylvia Park. OH MY GOSH. We're also getting a Farmers there (finally) among other things. YAY!
trudijoy
8375 posts
looks like it'll be opening in May/June, and the Newmarket store (currently a small Cosmetica) is being expanded. YAY
EliseMM
120 posts
To anyone who went to one of the previous Mecca opening days.... There is a new Mecca opening in Wellington, and I have taken the morning off work especially to get in line for some goodies. 

What's it like at the opening? It always looks hectic on social media, so does anyone have any tips? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I drove past the Mecca cbd akl opening and the line went forever. I went a few days later in the end. They do some giveaways and things afaik so if you don’t mind waiting in the line I reckon it’s probably worth it

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!