Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Worst products used? And Why?

59 posts, 38 members
meimei
81 posts
My worst product ever would have to be a Rimmel foundation, I think it was the super last or super stay. One of those.

DID not stay and it broke me out liek crazy!

What products have you used that have just not lived up to the hype?
xjayloux
900 posts
Stila makeup primer is disgusting. I actually hate it. Actually any of their 'face cream' products have really been lacklustre in my opinion!
meimei
81 posts
That also goes for loreal mascaras. Never have used a good one ever. Always ends up clumpy and giving me some terrible panda eyes
xjayloux
900 posts
I also hate sticky lip glosses.. My biggest pet peeve are brands that say 'non sticky' then you buy it and its REALLY sticky. Ugh
raniwelsh
104 posts
For my the worst thing I have used is prob thin lizzy eye liner  and lip gloss.
Eyeliner always smudges
Gloss is way too sticky...yuk!
Nishu
374 posts
Thin lizzy lip gloss has to be the worst product ever.. CK gen liner and CK cream shadows are bad too! Revlon's blushes are pretty bad too
colleencanary
764 posts
Revlon mascara! Yuck! They clump and dry out so quickly when you hardly it.
LisaE5
447 posts
Collean, I used Revlon Beyond Natural mascara once and loved it so much but couldn't find it again. It is interesting to hear that you didn't like it 
colleencanary
764 posts
This was a long time ago. Some green bottle that was waterproof. I hated it and never bought Revlon again. Maybe they've changed their mascara and got a really good one :)
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
Maybelline Mascara's! The few I've tried have all been horrible, especially falsies, and everyone seems to love them. They are super wet and clump my lashes together like nothing else. I'm a loyal Almay Get Up and Grow Mascara user, never Maybelline again! 

Rimmel London BB Cream, the colour is so orange! I was excited to finally get my hands on it after it being sold out everywhere and when I opened it I was so dissapointed. I think it's worse than the Garneir BB creams, and that's saying a lot colour wise. 
xjayloux
900 posts
Crazy i love the CK gel liner, been using it for the past few weeks, its so nice and blendable and lasts really well on me!
lenarose
313 posts
Maybelliene great lash mascara in that pink bottle is always raved about in magazines but when I tried it I thought it sucked!
meimei
81 posts
I personally am a huge fan of the Maybelline mascaras. My tip if you find the regular formula a bit too watery then try the waterproof! They don't smudge and do not move AT ALL. 

Genna
49 posts
I have to agree Thin Lizzy lip gloss has to be the WORST product i have ever used, it feels like you have smothered syrup over your lips and the smell is far to strong, i can always tell if someone is wearing Thin Lizzy lip gloss from the over powering smell!! It is funny how we all have diff opinions on products, i love my Falsies mascara, and am currently reviewing a loreal one and so far am loving that too!! :)
Xtinastar
165 posts
Lol I have to agree with everyone who has said thin lizzy! The lipgloss smells sooooo bad, and the powder is not the greatest either. 
geolilly
2 posts
I used a moisture mist foundation cake once and it gave me a horrific rash all over my face!

And thin lizzy lip gloss- I hate it! So annoyingly sticky!
Nishu
374 posts
lol @ THin Lizzy gloss! and surprisingly everyone has tried it..haha..
and I guess I need to give CK gel liner another try .. but their cream eyeshadows are definitely duds. I've had enough from them.. ;)

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
LisaE5
447 posts
Yes Thin Lizzy Lip Gloss when I think about it. At the time I thought it was good but now in hindsight it was like superglue for your lips
xjayloux
900 posts
Nishu - do you have a good eyeliner brush? I found that a decent brush makes all the difference. Ive been using a Benefit liner brush with the CK gel eyeliner and i absolutely love it. WAY more then my smashbox i think!

I also want to add to this thread, the thin lizzy powder.. the original bronzing stuff. Its awful on me, makes me go SO orange and doesnt do anything it claims too!
Nishu
374 posts
hahaha! Poor thin lizzy is getting all the bashing here!
For eyeliner I use the brush that came with Maybelline gel liner... :)

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
xjayloux
900 posts
Haha i know, isnt it? I do think their foundation compact is 'thin lizzy's' saving grace though its actually not that bad at all!

I would hunt around for a Eyeliner brush Nishu, bobbi brown and benefit are ones that i use, but actually i must say, since i starting using the benefit brush my gel eyeliner applying has been a lot easier and more flawless. I do agree the CK cream shadows are awful though!
LanaG
66 posts
worst is most definately the thin lizzy brand, the whole lot! the cloggy lip crap, the powder, mascara, liner.... hate it.. worst 50 i ever spent
xjayloux
900 posts
Haha oh no, there goes thin lizzy being dropped again.
colleencanary
764 posts
I use the Thin Lizzy foundation as it helps cover my acne scars without lettingme break out. I dont the other products though because they're pretty crap.
baileybreanna
119 posts
Maybelline Falsies Flared mascara, incredibly clumpy and did nothing for my lashes. Also the Garnier BB cream, way too oily and gave me breakouts.
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
It's so funny that we have all used Thin Lizzy! Who would've thought it would be so widely used. I totally agree with you that Thin Lizzy lipgloss is the WORST combination of ingredients ever. Why they thought women like icky and sticky lips is beyond me. Not a fan!
niki211
2 posts
I brought a Loreal concealor and every time I use it (under my eyes) I get people asking if I'm feeling all right. It's obviously not doing the job well!

My husband got me two Revlon lip things a couple of years ago - lip stain one end and a gloss the other end. The stain lasted all of about an hour and the gloss snapped off within a few uses. They were so expensive too.
Mani
6 posts
Funny, the 3 products I hate the most are on here!
Thin Lizzy gloss - way too sticky
Garnier BB cream (light is NOT light, its yellow!)

Maybelline mascaras - they get so clumpy & dry up too quickly. Great way to keep you buying new all the time, but not so great on the budget
Rhiannon135
74 posts
I agree with everyone.
The Maybelline Falsies Lashes is too clumpy and over the top.
The Thin Lizzy lipgloss was so sticky that after the first time I tried it I never used it again.
I find that all the BB Creams I've used except the one I currently use (from Za) don't work, I've tried the Garnier one, too oily, Rimmell and Lo'real which were an awful colour for my skin tone.

I'm suprised to see everyone has similar opinion in these products!
Thin Lizzy Lip Gloss is the worst product! It is so sticky and when it's on your lips it tastes disgusting. It also smells really bad.
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Totally agree about Thin Lizzy. Can't believe I got sucked in to buying that crap a couple of years back. The 10 in one powder (or whatever it's called) made me look like an umpa lumpa & the lip gloss was horrendous! Shudder..
tanitaandtia
144 posts
Funny someone mentioned how thin lizzy lipgloss is like super glue, I once used it as glue at school and it kept my sheet stuck in my book hahaha! i used to really like the thin lizzy 6 in 1 then they changed something in their formula and i got a horrible rash!The garnier bb cream i absolutely hated! but now it is winter i really like it and it suits my skin tone alot more..weird! Maybelline dream nude air foam foundation would have to be top of my list, it had no coverage what-so-ever and it turned really orange once the air hit it!
xjayloux
900 posts
Hahaha thats too funny.. Im outta glue.. OH hold on a minute.. Thin lizzy lip gloss! LOL
belindaledwards
111 posts
For me it was the Thin Lizzy Mineral Foundation, my face always looked greasy!
Kaiarahi
160 posts
Lol. Nearly everyone I know has tried Thin Lizzy. That 6 in 1 crap made me look like I'd smeared mud on my face. 

Garnier BB cream ravaged  my skin - took months to recover.  
KrystleF
158 posts
Hate anything from the Thin Lizzy Brand. Loreal masacaras dont seem to work for me either. Also the Aveeno fave moisturiser is horrible, it stung so bad and made me get dry patches all over my face. The famous yellow Clinique moisturiser also did the same to me!
lenarose
313 posts
I agree about the yellow moisturiser, it was crap. I've tried 2 ranges of clinique's skincare and it was all either bad or just 'okay'.
pixie_stylz
228 posts
Garnier BB cream actually hate everything about it 
pixie_stylz
228 posts
Oh and i agree the thin lizzy "super glue" lip gloss is so not hot lol
RachelM
345 posts
Ah yes the dreaded super glue thin lizzy gloss, its a great hair catcher aswell yuk yuk yuk
AW101
11 posts
Aveeno ultra calming moisturisers - I bought the day & night creams as they sounded so good, and within 2 days I had broken out in a red rash all over my face. Obviously reacted to some ingredient! Funnily enough, their postively radient tinted moisturiser is my staple lazy day option and I've never had a problem with it
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I would also have to agree with many of the ladies who have said thin lizzy lip gloss and eye liner. The lip gloss is so sticky and just feels awful on the lips! The eye liner irritated my eyes, - I only used these products once! 
Deffinitely the Thin Lizzy Lipgloss (jumping on that bandwagon!) but honestly yes, it's horrible and sticky and wouldn't notice the difference between that and some slightly sickly flavoured superglue. A big no no in my eyes! 
raniwelsh
104 posts
I actually really like thin lizzy 6 in 1, works well on my skin but you def dont need alot or it will look really bad, I use thin lizzy mineral compact quite alot and really like it too....for me its just the lipgloss and eyeliner that let thin lizzy down. I actually quite like their brush's aswell lol...
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Yes,  I find the thin lizzy brush good too, lol- I have been using it to apply other powders instead though :-)
1139 posts
haha I've got to agree on the Thin Lizzy lip gloss... it just smells way too strongly of artifical strawberry and it's ridiculously sticky!
KatrinaR
12 posts
The thin lizzy lip gloss is just horrible. I hope I never ever have to use it again :b
mchloe
2 posts
Garnier shampoo. I tried it once and my hair felt cleaner before I washed with this.
RachE14
82 posts
Garner bb cream, for sensitive skin, made my skin react hideously, and over sensitised it. Took months for my skin to react
RachE14
82 posts
*recover

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!