Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Worst ever article of Clothing...

33 posts, 23 members
MareeB
5242 posts
..so I'm just rocking it and reminiscing with some obscure bands of the 70s on U Tube and WOW! men in dungarees - NOOOOO!!!ew yikes, what's your most-hated-ever article of clothing?
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Um 2014-2015, Nappy Boy pants.. you know the ones! 
janini9
341 posts
Aerobics g-string leotard and under tights with leg warmers over the top from the 1980s.
MareeB
5242 posts
Hahaha funny....
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Lol, I so remember those days too - big hair and shoulder pads, all very Dallas and Dynasty :)

MareeB
5242 posts
I loved the big hair and shoulders - not so much the aerobic gear tho hahahaha

I'm trying to figure the nappy pants- is that the pants with the crutch around the knees Binary?
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Haha. The spedos men used to wear before some wonderful soul made board shorts trendy. That would be most disliked. For women, I agree shoulder pads weren't the best.
Macs
5351 posts
Knickerbocker pants. Aww I have terrible childhood memories of mum making me wear them. Never again lol
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Nothing a woman does can ever really rival the speedo for bad taste. Back in the 80's we had jellys in ballet flats style, not the most comfortable and they got gross with sweat. dirt but really easy to clean as they were plastic
Rezee
1964 posts
Snap pants! Also in the 90s,  leggings were a big thing. I remember having heaps of different pairs but I also mismatched them with floral hoodies or tops. Major clashing and I laugh when I look at photos!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Long pants cullottes? Idk how to spell them and bleach tye dyed denim and fluro tops with bIG graphics on them like bang I so use to wear those in 1990 lol and the bleach denim in 1988 bit I loved my snap pants by Adidas and starter & converse star slip on suede things can't find hem now :/
chikoboo
3402 posts
I actually loved the dungaree stage and quite happily rocked the pastel coloured demin short cut ones with Dr Marten boots through my early teens.  Think Clarissa explains it all (old Nickelodeon series with Melissa Joan Hart for those too young to know what I am on about) or Blossom.   I wore nearly everything like they did, the hats, summer dressses with boots...  but the worse thing I remember was the waistcoats, that was an awful moment in fashion history, not plain ones those patchwork versions, oh and wrap around skirts I had heaps of them but they were forever undoing during the day so most of my high school years was spent in the toilets re-fastening them lol
Toweling bum sucker shorts that some girls wore at P.E class!  eeeeeewwwwwwww
-Bex-
611 posts
ewww Whittakers yes!! When I first started athletics we had to wear them, I think there were a couple of girls that still wore them early 2000s. Oh to be in my running days again 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Mine would have to be a bright, multicoloured Granny Square Waistcoat (similar to this one) that my dear Grandmother made me. Eeek!  She crocheted one for each of her granddaughters back in the 80's ... I think I only ever wore it at her house and never out in public!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Now that was an image I didn't need Keri lol
Mila
1209 posts
Omg !!.blossom!! I loved them back in the day.... So many fashion cringes but I imagine that will be the same in ten years time we'll look back and cringe at what we're wearing now
hahah  sorry for the image Chikoboo  :-)   Oh bexb, you poor thing lol. I managed to dodge them!

This thread has given me a few giggles. x
Melwilsonnz
14 posts
The home mads fluro yellow bike pants with skirt attatched that i wore in the 80s!! Other massive hate is those borat mankinis i mean really...
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Oh yes, I do remember the fluoro rage, I had some dungarees.. glad I don't have any pics to prove it ;-) 
MareeB
5242 posts
Hahaha good times!!! eeeek mankinis - soooo baaad....
MareeB
5242 posts
Oh Silvene that is terrible = the same kind of child abuse as orange knitted cardigans!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I got a lovely crochet waistcoat from my parents for christmas one year, all in a deep wine colour, nothing like you were tortured with Silvene
SandyGedge
394 posts
For me it was the fluro faze.  My brother and I are only 11 months apart in age and our mum used to make us matching fluro sets. I hated it!!  hahaha
tannygirl
3392 posts
I can't remember a worst atm. But I do remember wearing those elastic band shorts not super short but we pulled them up to almost our armpits.
Julieal
915 posts
I hate the pants that are around that have the crutch arount your knees -I cringe every time i see someone in them -They look like you have dome an oopsie.
Marcel
335 posts
Knee high rainbow striped socks.. had to have them when I was 13 Hahaha
kirstyj
1732 posts
Marcel I completely forgot about those (for good reason) I used to wear them with everything! I loved them so much.

I was going to say tights as pants for mine... but they seem to still be in fashion. I used to have some from Pumpkin Patch when I was a kid that were orange and dark purple. I wore them with a big orange swing jacket. I thought it was the coolest thing ever... not really.
Marcel
335 posts
HAHAHE Kirstyj I totally agree, tights are not pants! I love tights/ leggings so much, I wear them about 5/7 days a week on average.. ALWAYS with a long top though that sufficiently covers my butt..
kirstyj
1732 posts
Agreed Marcel! I have tights that I wear at home (not really work appropriate for me), and always where long tops with them. I love them, they go up quite high so they suck my tummy in.
Funny video - here - about wearing "activewear" to do non-sportswear things
trudijoy
8375 posts
Im tall so i wear tights if i have a shorter skirt on... and when i get home its skirt off, then i hang out in my tights. I just buy the Glassons ones and i loooooove them
Marcel
335 posts
LOL omg Kirstyj I laughed so much at that video.. I'm totally guilty of doing absolutely nothing, being hungover, and never exercising in my active wear! Love it!
Ringy
825 posts
I'm trying to teach my kids if you wear leggings the top has to be long-- if you can see your "front and back" in the mirror the top is too short but they just don't get it! 

I think the really high waisted pants and skirts was a bit of a bad look of recent years and back in the day (80's) I used to wear knee high socks and sandals.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!