Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Why is your BR profile picture the one you chose?

47 posts, 22 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I change mine a lot but the current one is because I was smiling despite it being a tough day, because I adore that lippy and because I think I look quite nice in it :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Mine is just me lying down being a dork. I look terrible in photos,  I am alwas blinking or have some stupid look on my face.
Rezee
1964 posts
I like your current photo,  it looks like you are having fun, not a crappy day at all. Hope things are better now
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm never a big fan of photo's of myself, so I thought this one was a bit fun and I like that it is makeup related :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
You're still a babe Rezee x When I took that selfie I had spent a couple hours coordinating in-home help for my father who is terminally ill and has a broken pelvis so can't be left alone. So yeah, pretty crappy, but I'm glad I can still find things to smile about ( in that pic i was smiling coz i liked my makeup and was off to get a latte lol)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I chose this picture because it was with one of my besties and it was a day for celebration because I had just graduated with my Diploma that day.  It was a long journey while raising 3 children and being a house wife, but one that I couldn't have done without all the love and support of family and friends. Being able to have a giggle at the end of it felt so good.  Heres to the next one in March next year when I graduate with my Bachelor xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love yours Kirsty! It makes me smile. Very cute x
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was having a good eyeshadow day and didn't take a completely ugly photo, I quite liked it haha. And my hair looked good too. :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mumof3 i have actually wondered what you were celebrating in that pic!

Shaz you always have amaze eyes and hair xx
kirstyj
1732 posts
Thanks Trudi!

Shazatron I love your hair!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha thanks Trudi and Kirsty :-) . I dunno about amaze though lol usually I wing it and it comes out okay..ish lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol thats pretty much what 90% of us do. I know I still have no real idea lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Sorry to hear about your Dad hun, sending hugs and despite going through what you are, you look lovely in the photo, and that colour really suits you on your lips x

Kirsty, you're such a hunny bun, you always look cute in your pics x

Rezee I love that one of you, you look so relaxed and pretty x

Shazatron what is your secret to your skin, it looks gorgeous and flawless x
kirstyj
1732 posts
I think that is why I love makeup, because you can just wing it and see what happens! Luckily most of the time it does turn out OK.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha oh MumMunchkins ;-) that's so sweet. That was even a day I had an awful pimple so that makes me happy in my heart haha. I use the Too Faced Candlelight powder... stuff... Lol. I guess that makes me look like that. ;-)

I think all of you are gorgeous, I love it when I see you have new profile pictures. I may not always comment on it but I'm like yaaass pretty ladies!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks mumof3 xx

Kirsty i agree. Its like....face art!
Koni
444 posts
I like to change mine once or twice a month - get sick of seeing the same pic. I chose that one cos it was another attempt at trying to do a purple smokey while stuck at home.
trudijoy
8375 posts
You're gorgeous koni. All your pics show that!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Because I like it hehehe plus this shows the true me :)
Macs
5351 posts
I like this one chikoboo its edgys as. I wanted a bold look.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Thanks Macs! And find your edge doll, grab that eyeliner and go bold, smudge it out and pop on a red or dark lip. Listening too music has help. This was created listening to Linkin Park, Lacuna Coil and Ozzy yeah!!! *headbangs* mwahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Love the lippy chikoboo
chikoboo
3402 posts
Aww thanks Trudi. I do love a bold lip can't rock a pink, which you seem to do but think darks on me are ok :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks...i have a bright purple (Australis Velourlips To-ki-o) & a handful of reds but i love my pinks :) you rock that colour
Rezee
1964 posts
Trudi, that must be so hard for you to deal with. Im glad you can find little moments to maybe focus on you even if its just a quick photo. Hugs.
trudijoy
8375 posts
We're 6.5 years in rezee so you learn to make the most of the things you enjoy x thanks :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My BR photo is of my nails because i love doing my nails. But also because i don't like putting my face everywhere. I don't know why but i am quite concious of where my face goes, and who sees it. Especially because the forums and photo wall seem to be available to those who aren't memebers, i am just a little cautious (i seem a bit paranoid after writing that down)
Macs
5351 posts
Chikoboo, I love putting my sounds on while doing make up. Gets me in the mood. I envy your nails Binary they look so nice. Mine are ratty at the moment all chipped.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I choose mine based on the products I'm obsessed with. My current one is because I'm loving my Chi Chi Oasis palette, but didn't like it at first. My last one was because I was wearing my favourite lippy of the moment. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
TraineeMua, I would love to see your eyeshadow collection! It seems you have an impressive range available at your fingertips
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
People have been asking me to do a make up collection video so I think I might just do it! The only thing that's stopping me is the fact that my make up is super disorganized due to me having not much space (big bed in a small room + baby brother who needs EVERYTHING out of his reach = minimal space) and constantly buying new things. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
You should do a makeup tour, or even just a photo for your instagram or something while you get you station the way you want it? 
tannygirl
3392 posts
It's quite a public forum and so I picked a nice photo where my face isn't showing.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
glad i am not the only one who thinks this way tannygirl
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Mine was the best of a mixed lot of photos really. I like it, it's quite flattering I think. It's rare that I take a photo that I actually think is ok though. I guess maybe we are all critical of ourselves, such is life :)
Mila
1209 posts
No particular exciting reason just that I used this photo for the photo wall for a lip colour and quite liked the pic so thought I'd black and white it cause everyone looks good in black and white :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
This one is one I would never put on my fb. Alot of my friends don't really know about the beauty side of me. Even the IG page I don't share with them. Some find it by accident and that's all cool. I see it as my mask to convince people my pain isn't as bad as it really is
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I chose mine because I took a few pics of my daughter and I that day and she was just being so cute and cuddly. Most of my profile picture feature my two little ones, as 99% of my photos are of them :-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I totally understand wanting to be discreet but i'm kinda at the stage where (as long as it doesnt make me look bad) i'm okay with it.

On here and IG because I'm still learning makeup its great when people let me know something has worked lol
Macs
5351 posts
Farmers wife, my wider family are on facebook and they don't really know how much I've been into make up. I choose carefully. Only my younnger nieces and nephews are on instagram not many family use that. I probably wouldn't put my children on here because of the public factor and neither on instagram, I have alot of randoms on there so I'm constantly being careful on there.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Well choose to use my br pic for profile one because it finally let me upload it and 2 I liked this no makeup makeup look especially my liner I had been having a good run with winged liner although I can't do it to my inner tear duct rather just use a pencil instead of liquid as the liquid smudges....
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I picked this because I'm in a professional field and don't want my photo online in a non-professional setting. I like it though, it makes me smile.
Marcel
335 posts
If I look half dead that is the look I as going for hahah It as a recent night of boredom, making usage of the makeup for the fun of it.. Practicing for Halloween to scare the trick or treating kiddies!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I didn't really have any photo that I particularly wanted as a profile pic so I just picked one that I liked, This one is from Universal Studios which I have very fond memories of.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
My previous Profile picture was me showing off the colour I put through my hair that I reviewed, I took a wee break from BR so when I came back I felt I needed a updated picture of myself, It also just so happens to be the only selfie on my phone :D
Paulam
53 posts
I was sitting in the hair dressers chair after having my first proper hair cut in years (I usually cut it myself) so I felt great! When I came to put a profile pic up, it just seemed like the right one. But it is a bit out of date now, so I'll have to find one that makes me feel just as pretty. 
_Nicole_
124 posts
Because my 2 year old looks super cute and his hair is actually under control (the joys of having a child with crazy curly hair) . Plus I was realy happy with my make up that day

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!