Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Who bought from the Lush sale and what did you get?

24 posts, 10 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Those that know me, know I have a massive Lush addiction so of course I have to start another Lush thread ha ha ha.

Who spoilt themselves in the Lush Christmas/Boxing Day Sale?

I got a few things, missed out on a few I wanted but happy with what I got (probably way too much)

I bought too much to list but would love to know what you all got to treat yourselves x
trudijoy
8375 posts
I didn't go in until later in the week so just got some baked Alaska soap and bubbly shower gel, didn't need anything and there wasn't much left anyway
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Alot was sold out both in store and online aye.  Was quite disappointed with what was in the online sales as it was mostly sold out by the time I got on there.  Didn't they have some of the normal range on sale too last year? I can't remember.

What does Baked Alaska smell like?
MareeB
5241 posts
I only have the choice of online and there was very little there, so I saved myself lots of money (and spent it elsewhere!)
Macs
5351 posts
I'm going back to Lush tommorow. I can't keep away from there. Goodbye money lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
Super citrusy and refreshing :)

Yeah loads of people are complaining about the sale but they don't actually OWE us a sale so I'm not too worried really
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm with you there Trudi! I'm getting sick of people complaining cos the sale wasn't great. Like you said, Lush don't owe us anything, and the ones that are getting really shirty need to adjust their priorities if not getting a half priced block of colored sodium bicarb is setting them off. Honestly. 

Sarah, yeah they did have some regular line things last year, but that was because they were nearing their useby date (I believe), but as there were heaps of new things this year, not many things needed to be cleared out! 

I got 3 of the cheaper gift boxes, a Bubbly, and a Rose Jam. I'm stoked about Rose Jam, I ran out just before Christmas hahahah :P very pleased with what I got, looking forward to the Valentines collection :D 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've seen people claim it ruined Christmas, Shaz. Like... get a life, luv.

I got rose jam and LOM samples but I'm still meh about both tbh!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahahaha I saw that too and all I could do was laugh, like... really? 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
What disappointed me about the online Lush sale was that their website broke. When I checked out the queen street branch they still had heaps of boxes available but all snow fairy had gone as it was the most popular. I did say on another forum post though if there is a Lush product you like or you really want it, buy it before so you don't miss out. I should have followed my own advice but I should reduce my stock pile.
Macs
5351 posts
I was going to Queen st tommorow for the snow fairy body conditioner. I might ring up see what's there.I should have bought a set before xmas. Know now for next year @ ragingfrog
trudijoy
8375 posts
They don't have it Macs, sold out prior to Christmas. I went looking!
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for saving me a trip into the city. I'm still going to lush for a new massage bar. I'm falling in love with them at the moment.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I managed to pick up 2 boxes in the sales and my Mum got me one for my birthday too so I was pretty lucky!

The sale wasn't anything like last year but not something to complain about nor say it ruined Christmas! I did see that comment too and just thought flip, Christmas can't of been to good for that particular person hahaha.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Some people just go over the top don't they! I was disappointed not to get anything from the sale... but it just told me I probably don't need anything anyway!!! Could have bought some Rose Jam as I love that. But really lets face it I have a few shower gels to use up currently. Especially my ones from my L'Occitane advent calendar.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh yeah I just mean disappointed that most of it was sold out, although I didn't go on there until way later as I was spending time with family so my fault really.  I did get some good items with a couple of gift sets which I'm excited to gift my Mum as she missed out too.

Oops my post came across a bit ungrateful didn't it, apologies if it did.  Was not meant to come out like that, hard to put into words what I mean when I am typing. Their products are amazing sale or no sale and no they don't owe us anything at all I agree and we are very lucky that we had one.  I guess I'm just used to them having such big sales in the past you that you kind of expect it to happen each year ha ha ha.  Well you all know I have a Lush addiction lol, but I do use every product and some items I buy I gift to the other Lush addicts in my family and circle of friends ha ha ha.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ba ha ha ruin Christmas? How.  Sorry even I have to laugh at that.  I kind of told myself most of it if not all of it would be sold out so was happy they still had a few things left and they re-stocked a few times too which was awesome of them.
shazatron101
5112 posts
No Sarah, you didn't come off as ungrateful at all!! Half the time the people that buy that much stuff sell it on eBay for ridiculous prices, and thats who I was referring to, them and the people that think the world owes them something. Definitely wasn't talking about you I know how much you and your babies love it :D 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ba ha ha thanks hun, phew lol xx

And yes all 3 of my munchkins are obsessed just like me ha ha ha.  Should update my profile name to mumof3addictedlushies ha ha ha 

P.S Your profile picture is gorgeous Shannon xx
Ringy
825 posts
I just got that big wow box - went hardcore and lined up outside the shop. I love it - it's what a sale should really be like! Crazy frenzied shoppers! Lol. Baked Alaska is a favourite soap in our house but my store didn't have any left - there were no shower gels left either other than bubbly - it was really just all the gift boxes. I was looking in the window before the store opened to to plan what I was going to get - the intention was a big rose jam and lom but they had neither and I ended up with a massive box instead. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooh I've seen pictures of the Big Wow box and it looks so cool, you were so lucky to get one.  Enjoy hun :-) Ahhh I hate crowds so probably would have been too chicken to queue up to shop, even for Lush lol 
Ringy
825 posts
I was 2nd in line so I didn't have to wait - straight in, paid and then left.  I told my 8 year old to run in and grab the big box - she ducked under the ladies arm when she opened the door and ran in and grabbed it - I have trained her well! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ha ha ha that is hilarious, well done for training your little one so well lol :-)
MissQT
1547 posts
thats so cute Ringy!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!