Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

When You Write An Amazing Review But....

16 posts, 13 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Ugh, I am so annoyed and I am sure I am not (well I think i'm not?) the only person who has written an amazing review. You read it 3 times. Checked the punctuation, paragraphs, and spacing. You are proud of the work you have done:made sure you included first impressions, scent, texture, your experience using it and your recommendation whether you will be purchasing again or never touching it in future. You hit that "Submit Review" and you are sure it will make it through moderation.

And then there's me who did all of the above, hit the review button and the next page that loads is one that says "please sign in". Devastated. I don't even remember logging out, it's that one time I forgot to check and now my review is lost forever. I usually "copy" and I forgot to do that too. I'm about to write the review again but  I already know it's not going to be as good as the original. *sigh*

Please tell me I am not the only one who does this?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sux! Lol thankfully I write it in memo pad first then copy it so that hasn't happened to me yet. I'm sure you will write another great one :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think it happened to me a couple of times when I first joined. I always write my reviews in notes first now. My iPad is less glitchy using notes than the BR site too. 
Head Pixie
569 posts
I feel your pain! I've written an article in the back end and not in Word first and had it log me out. The hair pulling was real. I found a work around though, which might not be helpful now, but in the future...

I keep the logged out tab open, then open a new tab and log in on that tab, then I go back to the 'logged out' tab and hit the back button and voila, it sees me as logged in and the article is there and good as gold. I reckon it could well work with reviews when the system randomly logs you out too. 

trudijoy
8375 posts
i just do err'thang in google drive because you can restore the version histories!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   It's happened to me before whilst I was writing long, detailed reviews. The system likes to randomly log you out. Usually for me it's not a big deal unless you've typed something long out or it's vault day, particularly the first five minute of the vault opening. That's the worst time for that to happen.
siouxsannah
261 posts
The exact same thing happened to me recently too. I had just written a review I was happy with, checked it over, clicked "Submit" and was logged out! I was sure all was lost, but I managed to get the review back by going back through my browser history, and what I had written was saved on an earlier version of the page. I copied that text, and then resubmitted the review. What browser were you using? I use Chrome. 
Julieal
915 posts
I have done that and worse it was a review on 3 products and I really sweated it - Makes you think the next time though.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Lots of great tips here. I think I just got a bit comfortable with the review process and forgot the basics. Most definitely more aware. I rewrote it and it still looked awesome but not the point.

@siouxsannah:I did try the back button but it just loaded a blank page. I use my fiance's gaming computer he has firefox so I just use that.
thirtywinks
60 posts
This has happened to me too many times in the past - from the computer crashing, losing internet, etc. It gets really frustrating so I write lengthy texts (blog or review) in Word first and then just copy and paste to the site. 

I had a similar problem just last week here in BR. Wrote a review and after I submitted it kept giving me an error message. I did everything (log out then log in) but it never worked. I just gave up.
First Lady
957 posts
Thirtywinks - the most common reason for getting a database error is using an emoji / smiley .  The system can't handle them so it you're an emoji user, that might be why!

xox
thirtywinks
60 posts
@First Lady: You're right! It was the emoji. My review was finally submitted. Thanks so much! :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
it happens to the best of us!
sometimes i'll push backspace in the forum reply and it takes me back heaps of pages and i lose my words and train of thought - arrgghhhh!!!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Some handy tips there :)

I've had it both where I've been randomly logged out and because my computer has been stupid and won't load. Feel your pain.
tabucutie
1811 posts
That emoji explanation explains a lot I have that problem too. Now I know better. Thanks :)
MissQT
1547 posts
Yep annoyingly it’s happened to me a few times when the systems timed me out. I now write up my reviews in notes first and then copy and paste

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!