Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

When you lose faith in a brand

4 posts, 4 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Sadly, I've lost faith in a local NZ brand that I used to love.  I've been a loyal supporter of this brand for the past 3+ years, and sadly their products have changed and are no longer as good as they once were.

I know I can't name the brand on the forum, but I'm just wondering if anyone else that uses their products has experienced the same problems.  The issues I've experienced and products I've used will probably give a hint to which brand I'm referring to.

Firstly, a wonderful jasmine scented serum for oily skin was discontinued.  I loved this stuff!  I was sad to see it go, but it was just one of those things.

Then, I ordered another full sized tube of night cream, only to discover that the cream was no longer the fantastic off-white, lavender scented cream that I'd had in my previous tube.  The cream in the new tube was yellow and had an unpleasant smell.  I contacted the brand and was told that they had not reformulated any of their products. (I did post a pic of the difference in cream colour on the Photo Wall when this happened).

With the night cream order, I got a sample size of BB cream ... the sample is nothing like the full sized tube I've just finished.  It used to be medium to full coverage and applied with a matte feel.  The product in the new little sample tube looks, feels and smells different.  It feels different on application, leaves an oily sheen on my skin, and looks like a tinted moisturier, no longer giving medium to full coverage.

The only product that I am still very happy with is their multi-purpose lotion.

Sadly, I've gone from being a very loyal customer (and promoter of the brand) to an unhappy customer who won't be purchasing any more of their products in the near future, in just a matter of 3 months.  I love supporting local brands, but I just can't force myself to continue using products that keep letting me down.

Has anyone else experienced the same?
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh what that sounds so sad! Any idea why though? I'm glad I haven't really been let down by a brand I love.
MareeB
5242 posts
Oh that's a shame Silvene. I hate it when a product I love either changes or disappears.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I think I know which brand you're talking about. I loooved that facial oil too, it was the best for oily skin. I don't why they discontinued it. Sad to hear about the nightcream and BB cream I really loved those products. They're some of my faves from the brand. I have tubes of both that I'm trying to use up before they expire.

I also really liked their spf moisturizer and I usually bulk buy it when they have specials so last year when I was stocking up during a sale, I was disheartened to find that the formula had changed. The old formula didn't really dry down after you applied it which wasn't the best but it didn't irritate my eyes and so I would apply it around my eye area as well. The new formula dried down to touch proof feel which I like and for the first few uses from the tube it seems to be amazing but then for the rest of tube it pills so bad. I have these white specs all over my face even after rubbing it in gently.

I asked them about that as well as why the packaging changed from the airless pumps to to tubes as that was my favourite packaging and they said the product was reformulated to meet NZ and Australian spf regulation standards. As for the airless pumps they said the price had gone up and so they changed their packaging to make it more affordable. 

Luckily their sunscreen hasn't changed and that was a fave repeat purchase which I will continue to buy. But I am really torn on whether to stick with this brand's spf moisturizer because it's effective spf protection or look into other brands that might not provide the spf protection I'm looking for at a reasonable price point but don't leave white pills on my face.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!