Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

When you catch someone checking you out, what do you do?

29 posts, 23 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I used to have no confidence at all and I'm really not sure if I was getting checked out and not noticing it, or if I was right and it wasn't happening. Then I lost weight (30 kg ) and got more confident, and noticed I was getting checked out - and had NO idea how to handle it at all. It took me probably a year to remember to make eye contact and smile or something. It's something I think everyone handles slightly differently - if you notice it happening at all.

What do *you* do when you realise someones checking you out?

I guess I stand up a little straighter, suck it in a little, and try and smile/make eye contact/say hello...now!
1139 posts
I'm usually pretty oblivious and don't notice until a friend points it out. People are always staring at everyone so I just tune it all out haha 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I am the same as you ellie I always have been like that. I just don't pay enough attention and ain't very interested.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Hehehe, after 4 kids I think if I caught someone checking me out I'd probably thank them and cry lol.  I am fairly oblivious to what other people are looking at or doing in general unless it's friends so I doubt I'd realise anyway
I'm with you Ellie.  I would be the last person to realise what's happening, lol.  But if I realised and welcomed it, I would be stoked  :-)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I usually assume there is something wrong with my face or hair lol. But if I think someone is checking me out it makes me smile. It's a nice confidence booster.
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh Ladies if only....those were the days...
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't know if people "check me out" but apparently I get flirted with quite often, and I don't even realize. I'm just being friendly and all they're doing is staring at my boobs! Don't even notice.
kirstysays
762 posts
Haha Ellie I'm the same...
Kimrose
1415 posts
I usually have no idea, unless someone points it out!
Mila
1209 posts
I generally live in my own little bubble of thinking im generally pretty unaware of what's going on around me haha but definitely a nice little confidence booster :)
kknz
82 posts
I'm usually oblivious or assume they're looking at my hot friends and not me ;)
trudijoy
8375 posts
kknz you ARE my hot friends, you goober
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I usually give them my biggest cheesy grin back and wave.  They usually blush bright red and wish for the earth to swallow them up or smile back and give me a wink.  I used to be like you Trudi.  I never had confidence and still don't but they say fake it till you make it.  I plaster a smile on and walk tall but inside I'm self loathing.  It actually works my confidence receives a boost when I'm in that mode.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I normally poke my tongue out at them but that's just me lol
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I just giggle inside and think if only they knew how old I was!

There was a particularly cute younger man in the mall the other day checking me out. I noticed and it gave me a bit of an ego lift. I so couldn't go there. My eldest son is 30 years old, it just wouldn't feel right lol
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Lol Chickoboo! :)
charly
456 posts
Normally I scowl, but three weeks post birth I went to get some fish & chips for dinner. The baby was wailing in the car (you know that newborn wail?), I could only just button my shorts and my top had baby spew on it. As I crossed the car park a young guy in a souped up car gave me the eye. I think I actually smiled because I was laughing inside at how surreal it was. I've seldom felt so unattractive, but I guess big boobs make up for a lot! (Breastfeeding = first time in my life with decent cleavage)
MrsLissy
301 posts
I never used to get checked out but after losing a ton of weight it's started happening and it's really weird. I can't believe how long some guys will try and hold eye contact for it's really creepy to be honest. I'm a dork and try and stare them down hahaha.

The strangest one was in a bar one night. I went to get a drink (water whoopee!) and the guy behind the bar was staring at me. I looked away a few times and looked back and he was still straing right at me. I knd of made a face at him like wtf? and he goes, "Oh sorry I was looking at your glasses," haha whatever buddy.
trudijoy
8375 posts
loving the responses!

:)
100_percent_ash
488 posts
This is so bad. I am a happily engaged mother of two... Sometimes I see a heartmeltingly beautiful guy and I see that he's seeing me too and it's like our souls connect and I just know that we are both imagining another lifetime or universe where we are lovers but for a day.
itskaz_xo
199 posts
I never notice people checking me out. It's always my partner who notices. He turns to me and says "Ha. Babe, that guy was just checking you out. Yeah I was watching him". He definitely keeps an eye on those people and makes sure they know I'm off the market. Haha bless him
trudijoy
8375 posts
ash that's beautiful, apart from the bit where you're already attached lol.

kaz oh lord that is so cute x
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Happily attached. I will never promise any man to be entirely faithful in my thoughts though nor expect that of any man. I think the mark of true trust is being able to accept that your partner can check out (or be checked out by) other people and even flirt and be safe in the knowledge that they would never betray you.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Hahaha I was having this conversation with a friend last night. Generally I'm pretty oblivious, but when I do notice I never really know what to do. I have come to the conclusion that I am better at flirting with the charming 80 year old customers than guys my own age! xx
janini9
341 posts
I'm always getting toots and woof whistles from younger people in cars from behind whilst I'm out running. Then when they get in front and see how old I am, boom!  The looks of embarrassment and horror on their faces is priceless. They've just momentarily lusted after a granny.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Hahaha...Janini that would be priceless! I'm pretty oblivious to people checking me out, I'm more focused on what I need to do. But then the way I dress on a day to day basis is pretty bummish so I really don't think I've been getting checked out.
charly
456 posts
Lol nice Janini! Go you! 
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
Haha Jess I've so done that before too...like..what do I have food on my face or something?  I often don't notice, but if I do I kind of look awkward and quickly dart my eyes away.  I don't care much for the added attention lol.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!