Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

when a product you love is beaten by a similar product and you have to change your mind!

26 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Those 'faves' that are only faves until a better version comes along have to be pretty common!

My latest two of these:

- liquid lipstick - I loved the Velourlips ones, and then came Kat von D, and now I NEED all the KVD colours <3 The Velourlips are still good but the KVD are life

- Snow Fairy was my ultimate shower gel for a long time, until this week. The Comforter (which I just reviewed and compared to the sisters in 10 things I hate about you haha) is it's sexier, sassier sister, and I'm head over heels in love and wondering if I can trade my SF in :P

What are yours?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I agree but mine was more like Prince Charming that Snow Fairy, I also have fallen in love with The Comforter, I have a bottle of it but I haven't used it yet lol

trudijoy
8375 posts
i have a bottle of PC tooooooo but I prefer the comforter i think. PC is gorgeous though.
pintsize
1072 posts
I love Snow Fairy but I just finished my last bottle of Comforter and I am Lusting after more!!!
I really need to use up some of my stash before justifying another spend though... I have enough shower gel to last all year and some :/
But... I may sneak a large bottle in next time I do an order <3
Rezee
1964 posts
I feel like this happens to me all the time.?I fall in love with products, but then I love trying new things out so I always seem to find new loves. I used to adore the Maybelline Falsies and Colossal mascaras, now I prefer higher end ones.Naked palette, I think I prefer chocolate bar now.Snow fairy was my fave too but now I love rose jam more. I haven't tried out my comforter cream out yet though, so I guess things could change!Perfume is an ever changing fave for me, I fall in love with new ones all the time. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeeeessss I had this happen with looots but all I can think of right meow is the Nyx soft matte lip cremes and how I now use only Jeffree Star lol. whoops. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
My ultimate fave foundation Moisture Mist beauty cake, beaten by Too faced Born this way....Beautylish is no longer carrying Too faced products so I may cry when I run out!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'm the same as Renee, my fave fragrance ALWAYS changes! I'll be loving Onika one week, then Elie Saab the next. I'm definitely a fragrance commitment-phobe.

Another would be L'Oreal True Match foundation, I used to love that stuff, but it has since been replaced with Maybelline Matte & Poreless for my go-to medium coverage foundation #sorrynotsorry
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've always loved using black gel pencil liner ... until I tried EoH Liquid Define Liner.  It now has me torn between using up the many gel pencils that I own or just buying more pen-like liquid liners.

My loose powder is running low.  I've been using Yardley's translucent powder for years!  It came over with me when I emigrated here years ago and then I bought refills when I went back to visit family.  I can't get it in NZ, so now I'm forced to change my mind and use something similar ... so much to choose from, but I think it's time for a change!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahah Amy I'm crying already, I want the Bon Bons palette and I have no idea how I'm going to get it lol :<
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Yes! I was in love with Jeffree star until I got my Kat von D liquid lipstick - now I hardly use the JS and need more KvD colours!
MareeB
5239 posts
I loved Antipodes oil the most of all the oils I've tried, until I tried True, now I'm really confused, I love them both!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah i have a JS one too and the KVD leaves it for dead :)
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Yup unfortunately - but I find if I wear KvD to course I get home at 6 after leaving at 7 that morning and it still looks exactly the same - my JS ones go all over the place when I eat lunch :/ (I do still love the colours though)
trudijoy
8375 posts
MAC prep and prime helps with the JS and i also have a sephora universal liner that works too. But yeah i love the colour ( i have prom night) but the KVD walks all over it in every respect. I have KVD in backstage bambi and l.u.v...i want bauhau5 but i have it in the studded kiss range so maybe another red shade next ;)
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Yeah I've tried a couple of lip liner/lip primer attempts to keep the JS stuck, but they haven't worked - I don't buy MAC, so I think I'll just have to keep it as a non-longwearing liquid lipstick that I know I need to keep an eye on haha.

I want Backstage bambi it's gorgeous. I always think I'm going to go for some colours I don't have a lot of but never do haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
I walked away from bambi in sydney and regretted it so as soon as sephora launched here i grabbed one! Sometimes i apply, blot, dust with powder and reapply the JS which helps
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I know right Shaz! Wahhhhhh. I hope sephora NZ brings Too Faced on board. I am still yet too try Jeffree star, it's on my ultimate want list lol. But the colour I would like is always out of stock :(
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I thought the ambient lighting was the best thing ever. Then I found becca shimmering skin perfector and that's ruined me. I find I reach for my nars over Charlotte Tilbury blush as the nars is a quick 1 step instead of blush and highlight.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I am very partial to snow fairy but I shall have to try comforter. KVD sounds pretty good too. I really like my chi chi eyeliner and eyeshadow palette but other than that I don't really have any favorites.
Macs
5351 posts
After Trudys review on comforter Ive winged someone ;) in to getting one. Im enabled lol I have good feeling about it lol 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, you are getting a serious addiction lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
Doesn't help that my kids love it as much as I do. My sons taken claim of my dirty soap ;( lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs it's nice to see that you seem happier these days - hopefully the situation that was stressing you out at xmas has alleviated - the fact that you're able to treat yourself again now makes me think it has, which is awesome. Never like seeing people frustrated and down.

You won't regret the Comforter I don't think. I'm just annoyed that I  only have a small bottle!
Julieal
915 posts
Rose Jam is my absolute favourite  -I was gifted this at Xmas and love love love it.
Macs
5351 posts
I didn't answer cause Im not out of the woods lol its my happy place here xxx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!