Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's the one product you can't leave home without?

22 posts, 19 members
eringracem
30 posts
There's probably already been a thread like this before, but oh well, I love to read these sorts of threads! They're just so fun to read.

What's the one product you can't leave home without?

For me, it's probably brow makeup, in particular brow pencil. My natural brows are very sparse and almost translucent (though I do tint them) and I love a nice fleeky brow.
trudijoy
8375 posts
can't leave home without taking or without applying?

if it's without applying, then mascara. Without TAKING, then i need a lipstick, lip balm and hand cream in my bag at alllll times :D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap, definitely mascara! My mum says "Always put your eyes and lips on" Having said that, I've come to my mums for the night and forgot to pack my make up bag. But I have several different lip products (and hand cream) in my handbag. And then there's the two Mac lipsticks I left here the last time I visited lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
Sunscreen , hair spray and Lip Balm and Perfume. Guaranteed one of those four every time. My cars full of products . I put hand cream on all the time . If it's make up it's brow product, lippy , Contouring and nude lipstick and mascara every time .
Kimrose
1416 posts
I always have my brows done!  There is always at least 2 lippies in my bag as well, always wear lippy
Emily-jane
314 posts
Lipbalm and concealer for those quick touch ups.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha, there's always a tube of hand cream in my car (with a flip top lid) as I love applying it when I'm waiting at the lights. 
eringracem
30 posts
Oops, taking or applying. I always take lip balm and hand cream with me - it's in my bag all the time!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ummm good thread.  I was a tad confused whether you meant applying a product or an actual product you take with you lol.

If its applying a product before I leave the house - it is definitely BB/CC Cream.  If its taking an actual product in my handbag wherever I go, is it bad that I don't have a certain product I can't leave home without? oops
tannygirl
3392 posts
  If it's what I won't leave home without applying, then I always wear spf - moisturizer, lip balm and handcream. 

I do short errands and I since I walk I don't carry much with me but for a longer trip somewhere I will have my spf hand cream and spf lip balm. Plus if I'm wearing lipstick that day I'll carry it with me for touch ups. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I always have lip balm in my bag.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I don't like to leave the house without something applied to my skin - either foundation, concealer, or powder - not necessarily all three :)

And to take with me I can't leave without some form of lipstick. It gets ridiculous because I always have some in my bag, some at work, and every now and then I have to bring them all home. I also always take concealer with me for top ups - you never know when you might need a top up from getting a wee bit emotional, or from blowing your nose, or a pimple. A must have for me.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Perfume! It's always with me, and leaving the house with something applied would have to be moisturiser :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I don't leave the house without a bit of bb cream on and perfume oil. If it is the weekend then mascara also but can't wear it for work during the week.
I must take with me lip balm and that is about it
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
SUNSCREEN!!! Sun protection is so important here in NZ especially when the sun is blazing, not so much of a problem these couple of days though. And I always bring a good lipbalm because I feel vulnerable without one in my pockets lol. Nothing's worse than having to constantly lick your lips because you don't have a lipbalm on hand.
KiwiLass
174 posts
Applying - always serum, CC, mascara, brow product, hand cream.
Take with - lip balm!
g1ggles2
358 posts
Perfume! 
Have to have it and always carry it in bag or car.
LaurenM
11 posts
I always have pawpaw ointment in my bag....I'm cursed with dry lips so having the pawpaw ointment or lip balm is a must. I also always seem to have atleast one lipstick in my handbag somehow....

I do frequently leave the house without make up on, always have a moisturiser on but most days I atleast try to but on my BB cream and mascara (mostly so I look somewhat human lol).
MissQT
1547 posts
If I'm not wearing makeup I'll usually at least apply mascara. I also agree either the sunscreen comment, I always wear sunscreen or products win SPF. When I leave the house I will always carry lip balm with me
JessB
219 posts
After getting the Nudes 2 box it's actually turned into pawpaw ointment that I always have on me. Used to be whatever lipbalm I was using at the time, but recently my hands have been reacting to the cold by cracking etc, so the pawpaw ointment really helps me prevent that and heal. 
kmadison
1 posts
I cant leave house without suncreen , lip balm in my purse and my hand cream .
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I completely forgot - there is one product I really can't leave the house without and that is my headache balm or my homemade headache masssage oil. I've been experiencing migraines and bad headaches frequently, and I never used to get them until now. I cannot focus at work without these two products as it takes the edge off so I can get through the day.  Then I can get home to bed after sorting the munchkins out.  Hubby is pretty good though and knows when its 'One of those days' and just takes over.

I did some research of what ingredients to use for headaches and migraines and just made up my own, now I find them better than store bought ones as I can customise to my needs, see what works better and if I can avoid taking pills then I'm all for it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!