Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

what was the last NEW product you opened

43 posts, 23 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
there's nothing like opening a brand new bottle/pottle/packet of something sometimes!  What was the last new beauty purchase you opened?

I have a sample of a new to market Ethique cleanser to trial so maybe that, but I opened my bottle of Lush Daddy-O shampoo at the same time so either or :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
You will be in the shower so you may as well open both ;-) 
The last thing I remember opening was probably Rose Jam shower gel, or samples I got from Natures Identity. And the shower gel was a week or so ago now and the samples were on Monday! 
I have things coming but theyre taking 5eva to get here and after the cat going to the vet twice this week (don't get me started) I don't think I should be buying anything else hahahaha :P
It was a snail serum sample from Tony Moly. I haven't actually bought anything in over a month. My longest no-buy of all time. *sobs*
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I opened a Nature Republic snail sheet mask last night. I have so many things I haven't opened yet from my trip to Korea last year. I'm also on a no buy but as usual the Lush Kitchen is trying to lure me in. 
Lutece
1849 posts
Mmm the Daddy-O shampoo smells so good! The last new beauty product I opened was yesterday, a new nail glue and Batiste beautiful brunette dry shampoo :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's lovely eh Lutece! Haha Shaz thats pretty sound logic :p

Always interesting to hear what people are buying!
Koni
444 posts
What's a BR thread without a Lush product :-) The last new product I opened was the Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips lipstick.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Maybe I smelled a dud cos I thought Daddy-o smelled like fish lol D: my bad. And of course Trudi! Use all the things always trumps use only one thing :P 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, lol, isn't it supposed to smell like violets? I got a sample of the solid conditioner version of it from Lush UK and used it today. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I just opened it yesterday was my Rimmel brow mascara in light brown not my usual shade but I thought I'd drop a shade for the winter
trudijoy
8375 posts
exactly, Koni! And yeah, it's violet <3
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have no idea lol I smelled it in store so maybe with all the other conflicting smells I just got fish bahahahahaaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha I don't think you can really tell what Lush products smell like until you get them out of the shop.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It would of been my Mac Gel Liner with gold flecks in it. I'm absolutely loving it to! So easy to apply
Macs
5351 posts
Oh it was Milani Runway Designer Browns gifted to me by Artemis. I haven't made any purchases for a long time. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
That gel eyeliner sounds awesome! I opened a new lip balm last night - a baby lips one that's been sitting unopened for a while. I've been trying not to buy as much so I can justify a BBBE purchase.
MareeB
5239 posts
Mine was the Elizabeth Arden Superstart skin renewal booster. It's lovely. I love Elizabeth Arden products!!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Another serum! Eon Wheat-Germ Essence 97. I was going to add a hylauronic acid serum to my routine even though I already use two serums at night. I found this one that has some hylauronic acid and some other ingredients plus it's really light and absorbs quickly.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I got some Oasis Beauty goodies this week and opened a new tube of Rhino Repair this morning.  It's the only thing that soothes my cracked, dry hands in winter (the joys of working with chemicals and hand sanitiser). 

I also opened and used an L.A. Colours "Wine & Roses" palette that I bought yesterday.  
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I opened my Only Good balance body wash yesterday, not sure on it at present. If I give it a few days I might get to like it.
Ringy
825 posts
even though I'd already washed my face off for the day, I just opened a new mascara I got today by Rimmel, it's meant to tint your eyelashes while you're wearing it. So I've tried it and applies well - hopefully it does tint - I so could have used it in high school when the teachers would make you wash off any makeup!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Oooh, I like the sound of a mascara that tints lashes at the same time!  I'll have to try and find some.
shazatron101
5112 posts
That mascara sounds awesome!! Let us know if it actually works :D 
MrsRosie
214 posts
What a fun thread!
My Mellow lippies arrived in the post today (early Bday pressy from Mr Rosie, hes stoked to have it sorted so early lol) he would only let me swatch them before he said I wasnt allowed them until my birthday.... well that lasted 5 mins and now I have them in my hot little secure hands! Cant wait to try them all out. I got, Shanghai, London, Budapest and Nude. 

I saw that mascara on a snap chat and found it interesting, I would be keen to see if it actually works. For now Im still practicing using my 1000 hours tinting kit.

Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
MrsRosie, how are you finding the kit?!

The last product I opened was the Becca Matte Pore Perfecting Primer. I have (had?) dry skin but with certain foundations the area on my cheeks/next to my nose was getting out of control with oil! It was a tad pricey but is working well so far and should last an age as I'm only priming a small area with it!
MrsRosie
214 posts
I'm finding that it works really well on my brows, however still need to master using it on my eyelashes to get that salon tinted look.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
My parents just got back from rarotonga and my mum bought me a bottle of Natural coconut oil for body and hair. So ive just opened it now and I've put some in my hair and it smells soo good :)
Artemis
311 posts
Soozie - I would LOVE a trip to Korea, would be hard not to buy ALL THE THINGS! ;)

I recently did a Bossy/Bonbon haul so IIRC I think the Pavlova Body Butter was the first I opened (I hardly ever buy the same thing twice but this is a rare repurchase for me, I love it), then the Lip Butter, then the shower whips - had an indulgent shower with both since I couldn't choose between Lemon Tart and Choc Mint. All are amazing products! LOVE!
Emily-jane
314 posts
I have been a bit naughty with lots of purchases lately but the last things I opened was a Abh eyebrow pencil, a make up revolution eye shadow primer and a Australis metallic eye shadow.
Rezee
1964 posts
Not anything super exciting but a small tube of Palmers olive butter concentrate (I think thats the name, it's about 60mls and in a green tube). I use this at night for my feet. I love the smell so much.
MissQT
1547 posts
I just opened maybelline one by one mascara.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Hmmm I've opened a few things. Can't remember which was the most recent. A Vo5 moisture shampoo and a Living Nature mask from the vault spring to mind.
Ringy
825 posts
The Rimmel mascara that tints your lashes as you wear it seems to work. I have especially made my daughter wear it (just on the weekends) as she has white eyelashes and you can definitely see it tinting them. I'm impressed so far. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I like the idea of a mascara that tints the lashes Ringy! the last two times I've had mine tinted I've gotten a migraine, so no more lash tinting at the beauty therapist!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm glad to hear that the mascara is working, Ringy.  

I tinted my my eyelashes at home today, as they have a natural ombré; they're naturally dark (black) at the root but the tips are blonde, so it always looks like I have really short lashes unless I'm wearing mascara. Tinting them at home is always time-consuming and disappointing, as the tint often doesn't take at the very tip.  I'm keen to try this mascara and see if it's not a solution to my problem! 
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm intrigued by this mascara too. What's the name of the mascara ringy?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Maybelline master fix setting spray used it today for first time pretty happy with it so far
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I opened a face mask I purchased from the warehouse and had such a horrible reaction to it. My skin hasn't been the same since :( It was a peel off mask from 7th heaven.
Macs
5351 posts
The last thing I opened was these brow stencils and tweezer kit I got from Kmart.
MareeB
5239 posts
Yikes, that's terrible Amy!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Another Antipodes Hosanna Serum. I use it nightly under an essence and facial oil. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
How did you find that kit Macs? :) It was a horrible experience Maree, safe to say I will not be using that product again.
Macs
5351 posts
Better than I expected. The stencils really helped me straighten my lines Amy.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!