Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What was the last makeup item you purchased

41 posts, 30 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
Following on from Mac's thread yesterday about what your first makeup item was, I thought it would be fun to see what everyone has been buying recently, especially as I am waiting on courier to bring me my most recent overseas haul (I swear the waiting is almost as much fun as receiving it!) and also that this will be my last haul for a few months what with other commiments like mini trip to Chch for the Women's expo, and hubby's big birthday in January which I am planning some major tear jerking surprises (this man doesn't cry normally)

Anyway getting off topic slighty hehehe.   My most recent purchase was Cover FX foundation custom drops and concealer which I am totally obsessing over at the moment as they are magic!

trudijoy
8375 posts
Haha what HAVEN'T I bought recently?  Anna Sui, MAC, Benefit, Victoria's Secret and a few Japanese/other brands in Japan/HK/NZ duty free.

Sorbet stuff.

LA girl stuff in the 80% off sale.

Body Shop stuff in the triple points

The vault - nail polish, neck massaher and a candle.

and so on and so forth
chikoboo
3402 posts
Hehehe perhaps I should have added "favourite for the mega haulers"
trudijoy
8375 posts
OK well so far my faves are either the CanMake blush I posted on the photowall purely because it's the prettiest thing in the world, my replacement of my holy grail Victoria's Secret gel cream, or the Benefit Watts Up, I think!
littleparadise
178 posts
Ooo mine isn't nearly as exciting as your ladies, but I saw the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (non waterproof version) on special so I picked that up for when I finish up my other mascara. The packaging is gorgeous, hoping it works well! 
Macs
5351 posts
I think my last purchase was at L.A Girl Ultra pallette and Rimmel Eye brow pencil.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Mine was Australis Translucent powder.  Interesting to read everyone elses :)
Rezee
1964 posts
A hair mask, boring I know! I onky have 1 use left in my current one and no back up do it was very needed. The last frivolous purchase was a few things from beauty joint. A couple of lippys,  a coloured mascara and a lip liner.
-Bex-
611 posts
Great thread! Well I'm boring as on Tuesday I did a $70 lush order (seems to be almost weekly) and I also did an order from makeup clearance for more of the glazed lip paints, pro conceal and Maybelline touch of light. Nothing really extravagant or exciting. But all the vault goodies are much more exciting.
mallomiss
569 posts
I've been a cheap Sally - I brought some e.l.f. a couple of weeks ago - A cover stick & High Definition Powder... 
Oh I did get the Hair dye in the same week - Pillar Box Red!!! Which I'm in bad need of redoing! 
I also brought the W7 Naked Pallette a few weeks ago which was totally not worth the $14! 
I'm thinking I may just save and splurge on a great Foundation as I'm nearly needed a new one.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Last weekend I bought Chichi mineral foundation and cc cream.
chloednz
217 posts
I brought the Laura Mercier secret camoflage yesterday; none of my concealers have been doing the job on my serious under-eye circles lately so am hoping this will do the trick. Am meant to be cutting my spending but seem to still be buying something every few days :0
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ohhhh my gosh. I can't remember the last makeup thing I bought. I actually went through my visa statement. Lush and Bossy are there but I know the Bossy one wasn't for me, and its not makeup, and neither is Lush. :| and nail polish isn't makeup, well for your nails it is. Oh I found something. BB cream from BNK. That was in June hahahahaa my bad
trudijoy
8375 posts
Chloe my must have for eye circles is Benrfit Ooh La Lift. Its amazing!
_Nicole_
124 posts
I just purchased the nudes eyeshadow palette today, super excited about trying this out!!!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Last thing was a Witch cleanser, Biore pore strips (love them already) and 2 Blistex lipbalms. Favourite thing I'm finishing paying off is a huge layby order with my friend and it's a tie between my Book of Bronzers and my Anastasia Shadow Couture palette... can't decide which >.<
chloednz
217 posts
ooh thanks Trudijoy, will add that to my shopping list!
MareeB
5242 posts
The last thing was a body wash and some dental floss from New World. But I've bought heaps of other stuff in the past 10 days or so !!
MareeB
5242 posts
..and on top of it all, 6 gorgeous products arrived from the beauty vault :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I picked up a few items from Carousel Cosmetics off BeautyBliss. The contour brush is super awesome, I thought it was too soft initially but actually it is really nice.
Mila
1209 posts
Hmm I've made a few random purchases of late, a bunch of L A Girl stuff - concealer s, mascara, correctors, today i made an unexpected stop and bought the artiste brush cleaner and some essence cosmetics (liquid liner, lip gloss and mascara).

The last more expensive item I bought was the tarte amazonian clay full cover foundation
shazatron101
5112 posts
Okay, now I know for sure. I bought the new Bossy shimmer potato and the lux spray. I got the one for combo skin I think, but I don't really know what the difference between that and the oily would be? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
The shimmer potato, shaz?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol. The day she posted the thing where we had to guess what it was, I had a dream that she called it a shimmer potato, and it was literally a potato that was shimmery and she rubbed it all over her face and wham there was shimmer errr whur. So yeah. Shimmer potato lol (I'm a very special girl :-) )
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol love it
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Great thread. Ummm a black Korean eyeliner, Moschino Glamour perfume, bossy cosmetics products, hair mask and shampoo. A few naughty things actually lol xx
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
So many goodies! It's always reassuring to see other people spending $$$!

My last makeup purchase was my Beauty Joint haul that I posted to the wall. My fave things from it thus far are the ELF brow pencils and half lash curler, which is awesome as I've not necessarily been the biggest fan of much ELF stuff in the past. I'd been looking for that half lash curler for a good 6months! So stoked.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Do brushes count?? That was my last beauty related item I purchased :)
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
A Neutrogena cleansing oil sample from eBay!  It arrived last week from Korea and smells sooo good.
Ringy
825 posts
Just an Elizabeth Arden lipstick today- would have got a concealer too but they were out of my color :( 
glamfish
87 posts
I finally found that Jordana lash extreme mascara that everyone has been raving about. (Probably six months ago now but I didn't know where to find them where I last lived). So i'm excited to give those a go. Before that the LA girl pallettes from the warehouse when they were half price...I'm trying to find a few cheap but awesome products - so if you ladies have any recommendations send them my way!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
The Bossy lux primer and setting spray I think was my most recent or last purchase I've been good this week no purchases this week although I was meant to I had to prioritize lol.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My offical last purchase was yesterday when i brought some nail polish, but today was haul for youshop arrived which had some lovely wee goodies like the Nars audatious lipsticks! Drool, havent even had a chance to open them yet but crazy excited
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My last purchase was two days ago -  an EoH mascara & Define Eyeliner.  I've never tried EoH before and am keen to give these a go when my current ones need replacing. 
alikat
423 posts
I bought a Chanel blush today. Quite possible the second most expensive product I've purchased!! 
Julieal
915 posts
I bought WOW colour touch up today and have yet to try it.Hopefully it is as good as I have heard and I won't have to colour ny hair so much.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have heard good things about the WOW range aswell. My mum uses it and thinks its great for touch ups. Plus for the price, you would expect it to be pretty good
tannygirl
3392 posts
I finally bought Lime Crime's Wicked Velvetine on the day my credit card was due to expire. There have been some dodgy things on their website so I decided to wait till my credit card was due to expire incase my details got into the system of some unscrupulous individuals. Before that Bobbi Brown's Serum Foundation, Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot primer and Benefit's Sugar Bomb blush. Geez do I have some pricier tastes.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Wow, is LimeCrime still having issues with the security on their website? Geez thats no good! Yes, it sounds like you have expensive, but impeccable taste 
janini9
341 posts
I have to say I have only ever received outstanding service from Lime Crime and from my experience as one of their customers who used their website over the period in which the website was hacked, I can't fault their response. I was informed by both email and in writing pretty darn quickly and guaranteed for any problem to be resolved. I had used PayPal so my card details were never in danger, but I felt that even if my card had been compromised, between my bank and Lime Crime, any issue would have been sorted pretty quickly. 

I haven't bought anything new for some time, but I have delved into my stash of new items I bought over the last 6 months and have just started to use a Rouge Bunny Rouge Hues of Enchantment Colour Burst lipstick and I love it. It just glides on and the colour, Nothing Unknown is the perfect subtle pink neutral.
Helen85
7 posts
Bulk load of Mac foundation :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!