Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What was the last 'empty' you created/threw away...

56 posts, 31 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
... and would you buy it again?

Mine was Lush Reindeer Rock Soap... and for sure!  Not right now because I still have a piece to use, but it's lovely
mallomiss
569 posts
Mine was the Mitoq Anti-aging Moisturising Serum & yes I will be buying this again! 
I'm trying to get my hands on a Bottle from someone who doesn't want theirs anymore as it's too expensive for me... 
I do think it's worth the $140 but I just cannot afford it. 

This Serum made me look more youthful after a few weeks use! 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Mine was the Maybelline define a lash mascara, finished it yesterday.....wahhhh my fave!
Yes definitely next time I see it out and about I'll re purchase it but I'm in no rush as I have another mascara on the go at moment aswell.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Mine was the oxygen serum. Although I liked it a lot I don't think it did anything amazing for my skin so I prob won't repurchase.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Cool thread, Trudi!

Mine was Oasis Lips and Lashes which I won in a FB comp. It last for ages but I won't be repurchasing as it did nothing for me. 

Hope everyone's writing reviews for their latest empties!
Rezee
1964 posts
Mine was the Tony Moly egg pore steam balm masque last night. It feels really cool because it heats up your face but I'm not totally sure if it did anything amazing for my skin.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Mine was Rimmel's 25h foundation and yes I've already repurchased it.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Mine was a sample of Too Faced Better than Sex mascara and I wouldn't buy it again. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh that's interesting Jessicka - what didn't you like? People rave about it and I was considering trying it out.

this Rimmel 25 hour foundation keeps cropping up!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm trying to hard to remember, I even went through the bin and came up with nothing. The only thing I remember is either toothpaste or a plastic packet the Lush bombs come in hahaha
astylecollector
204 posts
I had a bunch of empties I threw out together since I keep all until I want to blog about them.

The ones I can remember are:
- Skinfood mud masque - it was ok but probably won't repurchase
- Toni & Guy sea salt spray mini - I love this but I don't know how much the full size is
- Clinique Moisture Surge - I love this but during winter season

I did a whole blog post recently about my empties too.  :)
I have yet to write reviews on some of them here on BR though. I'm so behind!
Macs
5351 posts
Za gel liner. No I wouldnt. It kept breaking. Was driving me insane. 
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Mine was the skinfood cleans all and the porefessional.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Trilogy rosehip oil - and yes I would repurchase, already had a backup though.

I've decided to keep all my empties this year, as well as keeping a list which I do anyway.

I've got two cleansers that are both almost finished - a few more days and they will be gone! I love empties, can you tell?
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Mallomiss maybe subscribe to the MitoQ email list if you aren't already? I seem to get offers from them now and again, might be worth keeping an eye on.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Trudi I found that it flaked off onto my face during the day, even though I don't rub my eyes or touch them. Initially I thought it might have been a bad batch so I tried the full size one and the same thing happened. Maybe it reacts to my lashes or something? ???? I gave the full one to my sister and she doesn't have that issue and loves it. If I were you I'd try and get a sample size first before splashing out on the large one in case you don't like it :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
always a good idea with more expensive mascaras! Thanks for that, flaking sounds awkward
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I finished a small pot of Essano's Rosehip Night Creme last night.  I'm very glad that I bought their Treat Your Skin pack to test the products out before buying any full sized items, as this night creme did not agree with my oily skin.  It's a little bit too rich for me and caused a 'rash' of milia along my jawbone (under my chin) and across my forehead.  I won't be buying that again!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh my gosh Jessicka I thought it was just me with that mascara. I've been trying to write my review for ages but my experience is different from a lot of them so I thought I must be doing something wrong!!! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Silvene that range was hit and miss for me! i loved the night creme though :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yes that mascara Kirsty and Jessica. I am still trying to love it, it is a bit better now its drier but still... its not a product I will be repurchasing. Its reassuring knowing that not everyone loves it
idomakeupnz
150 posts
The last products I emptied were - Carmex, Nivea Stress Protect, Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream, It's Skin Hyaluronic Acid Serum.

I also had the same problem as Jessicka regarding the mascara. Shaz let me try it when I stayed with her and I found it flaked all over my undereye area and tops of the cheeks. Which is disappointing because it made my lashes look amazing.
MareeB
5242 posts
Skinfood SPF moisturiser, and yes I would buy it again!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Bossy lux & primer, Trilogy age defying moisterizer,Bossy under eye butter, S&G Clean on me, Too faced better then sex mascara, Lancome hyponese drama mascara yes I would most of these again except Trilogy maye as a night cream except it's a day cream & the two mascaras one bc I have a back up of too faced & two bc they weren't that great it took me half way thru the tube before I could enjoy them they either clumped up or flaked. But once it dried out a bit they gave great volume but when they dried up they were on the verge of dying. So glad bc I'm now on my hg Jose Maran black argan oil Mascara
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Seems it's not only me in the not again category with Too Faced better than sex another 9ne I don't care for is the Maybelline sensational mascara in the rose pink tube gives no volume
tannygirl
3392 posts
- Oasis Apple a Day
- Weleda Skinfood
- Living Nature Firm Flax Serum
- Karen Farley's Light Day Cream
- Moreish Bodywash ( so good but discontinued)
- Moreish Body Butter (good but discontinued)
- Trilogy Cream Cleanser travel tube

Trying to use up products and save on space. Would I repurchase, YES, YES, hmmmm, no, I can't, I can't and maybe. Oh and I didn't toss out the LN serum bottle because it makes a nice little travel sized bottle for thinner moisturizers and facial oils.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Today the Palmolive berry body wash/polish/scrub stuff. Bossy candy cane scrub. L'occitane shower oil. Bioderma H2O makeup remover.
Always a great feeling throwing empties out
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Isn't it funny how we get so excited about buying all the things and almost as excited when we finish them and throw them away? Lol. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yes! Think it's cause we have that extra space to fill it with a new magical item
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think that's exactly it, Farmerswife! Never ending story!
Lutece
1849 posts
Oh I love the Reindeer soap :)

Mine would be the NYX Matte setting spray, and yes I would try it again :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Yes, I love making empties.  It's so satisfying using something up, especially if it's a product that takes a long time to use.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Today I used up my Skinfood exfolliating scrub, imperial leather body wash and la coupe syling creme.
Will definately be repurchasing the skinfood scrub and the la coupe but the body wash is definately not the best and i'm glad I have finished it!

pintsize
1072 posts
I just threw out EOH mascara :'( already have replaced though and always like to have a back up ready :)
Oxygen Ultimate serum again already replaced and also Snowberry Starbright moisturiser... just bought a replacement today :) :) 
Oh and a few Lush bathbombs and Godmother soap,

It's been a big week for empties
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My empties always seem to be skincare related. Makeup seems to take a lot longer to get through! I think the last empty I had was actually an ecoya candle. I already have another one to replace it though! So exciting lighting a new candle (how sad am I haha)
MrsRosie
214 posts
Loving this thread!

Mine is my EOH Mascara and Im waiting until pay day to purchase another while its on sale this week, it was my first time trying it and I really liked it!
trudijoy
8375 posts
that EOH mascara is my next must-try once my current (awesome) mascaras expire. There is a stockist like 5 mins drive from my house in Akl so Aucks ladies, let me know if you wanna know where!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I finished my skinfood exfoliating scrub today, I'm off to buy more this afternoon thankfully. Since using this I've had no issues with dry patchy skin on my face! :)
My last empties (only yesterday) were Bossy Sugar scrub and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.
mallomiss
569 posts
Finished my bottle of D'Lorenzo Better Ends yesterday... so sad! And it's too expensive to buy more :(
AmandaJane
1147 posts
My last product was some Living Nature serum but I keep all my product empties to take photos. I've got quite a collection now :)

I'll be buying more serum though. I'm addicted to the LN scent hah.
charly
456 posts
I opened a Trade Aid melon soap yesterday.  The box smelt so divine that once I put the soap in the shower I put the empty box back in my undies drawer!  Would definitely repurchase!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
My last empty was Lush Rose Jam!  It is life for me so I have a stash of over three litres to last me till the next round lol.  Obsessed much!?  I sooo wish they would bring it in for good instead of it being a limited edition.
trudijoy
8375 posts
agh at LE stuff you fall in Love with Shana! I'm like that with Snow Fairy and (now) Prince Charming, and the Body Shop Raspberry. If/when they bring back Passionfruit I'm literally buying it all. The whole lot.
Artemis
311 posts
Getting close to finishing my Creme Brulee shower whip from Bossy, it is amazing and I need more, more MORE! Think the last thing I used up was my Garnier Miceller Water makeup removing wipes that I bought cheap in Aussie, would buy again but wish they were a bit cheaper here!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
ooooo Trudi what is prince chraming like?  I have never tried it but i'd be keen to know what it smells like.  Gosh that passionfruit would be amaze i hope they bring it back I like some body shop stuff too but can't say I have tried the passionfruit.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Today it was a tube of body lotion and the LOM shower gel. I thought I liked it but after a solid week of using it I decided that no I really didn't like it. Hnnng Prince Charming is calling me, why couldn't they do a 100ml of that!? I don't want to hate it D:
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think I may have gone off LOM too so will just put it away for awhile. Got my valentines goodies today! I've got old stuff I need to use up first!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i can't cope with LOM... way too green and not my scent family at all!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
No it's not my scent family either but the colour doesn't bother me. At first it just smelt like the Lush store to me but now I'm not so sure. It can live in the cupboard with Olive Branch for awhile lol. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!